Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 2/21

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.)

Re: TFAS w/o 2/21

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO (ugh)

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful to actually have a normal TTC cycle. The last one was plagued by sickness. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Just thankful to have the stomach bug out of our house! DS starting throwing up Tuesday night, was sick about every other day until yesterday. He woke up DH and I crying at 3:30 yesterday morning throwing up in his crib again, but has been amazing since! DH and I both started feeling somewhat back to normal Saturday, but really yesterday was it! 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) we are a big card game family! Pinochle, euchre, and Nerts are our major games we play! 
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 4

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? Testing cycle

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 7, 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? SO MUCH TESTING

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Kids are awesome but also gross since they shared their influenza with me. Jerks 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.)

Unstable Unicorns, it's so freaking funny and easy 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh, its a wash. We were all sick so there was no BDing. 

Any questions? When did everyone wean, and did you notice your cycles get back to normal after weaning, or was there no correlation?

Rant/Rave? Wishing I didn't have to work today, but I'm glad that we all seem to be on the mend. 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) DH and I really like playing Rumikub, its the only game we play with any regularity. 
  • Options

What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 + 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm annoyed because my predicted O is smack dab in the middle of a visit at my MIL's later this week. It's very possible the 4 of us will all be in one room and I'm dreading trying to figure out a logical way to be discreet or sneak off to DTD.

Any questions? How soon does everyone start testing with OPKs? This is my first cycle using them and although I was skeptical because of my PCOS, I decided to give them a try anyways in case I found more clarity about timing. Anything I can proactively do to help I guess. The first day I tested (CD 8) was positive and it seems early, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the circumstances.

Rant/Rave? My little boy is turning 6 in a month and OMG all the things to prep for his birthday...let alone buying him presents, yikes. I need to get on it. I also cannot figure out if we should invite his entire class or just 2-3 of his closest friends. I'm really not a party-mom planner and much prefer intimate family parties, but I want to respect my son's wishes. Problem is, he wants to respect MY wishes lol, he is basically my mini me and will do anything to make me happy :D Getting him to make a decision is impossible!

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) I love video games but I just never have time. I'm currently in the middle of Kingdom Hearts 3 - I love all the Disney fanfare and the RP elements. The kids and I play lots of classic board games and memory games.

kingdom hearts from soppa
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 Glad you guys are feeling better! My family loves playing euchre. It seems to be a very midwest thing as a lot of people that I introduce it to have never heard of it. 
    @mambo5-2 Sharing the flu is a total jerk move. 
    @bbrahmbhatt I weaned at around 11 months, but she wasn't nursing much by that point anyway. My cycle came back fairly regularly around 9 months, I think. Rumikub was a favorite of mine growing up!

Month/Cycle? 6/6 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I think the timing was pretty good, but I'm annoyed that O is a little less clear than usual. Ultimately it doesn't matter as we've done what we can and now we wait. 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? DD has been so hilarious and sweet lately. It is nice to really enjoy our time together since other phases haven't always been so enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to being off work this summer and spending time the two of us before she heads to kindergarten. 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) We love playing games, so lots to choose from! A recent favorite is a game called Pictures. The premise is simple, but the game is pretty creative and highly amusing. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I weaned my son at 2 years 2 months and my daughter 2 years 4 months. My cycle came back the first time around at 18 months and the second time around closer to 2 years. All seemed pretty random to me.

• Options
    PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited February 2022

@ejoseph16 FX for a healthy FW this cycle.

@mambo5-2 I hope that you feel better soon!

@bbrahmbhatt I didn't stop nursing either until they were 2.5, but my cycle came back after 15 months with both of them (while nursing). I had a short LP for the first ~9 months (so from DS age 15-24 months).

@mrsmtothek I ovulate from CD12-15 usually so I start OPKs around CD8 or 9, and do them twice a day from CD12 (I use the cheapies)

@abjm0325 Awe, the summer before kindergarten! What a fun time to look forward to <3 I haven't heard of the game Pictures so I'll have to look it up!

What number are you trying for? 3 (first for SO)

Month/Cycle? 6/7 (edited bc I swapped these)

WTO/TWW? WTO but almost TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 8, 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was hoping to nail the timing and we did well (not perfect), but who knows. I'm getting to the despondent phase of TTC. 

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave? Rave, I love the NHS. *TW: child injury* Rant, my lovely son decided to jump off the couch while spinning like a figure skater on Saturday and fell, splitting his face open right between his eyebrows. We got him all cleaned up and they glued the cut together at A&E (the ER). I'm glad none of us panic but it was rather traumatic; I have never seen that much blood in my life. They're not joking when they say head wounds bleed.

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) I LOVE games. I play anything but my favorite is Liverpool Rummy (a stupidly long card game) and good old Trivial Pursuit. We had some fun remote Trivial Pursuit during the lock downs. My son is old enough to play Scrabble with me now, so that's fun, too.
  • Options
    bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited February 2022
    @mrsmtothek I loved kingdom hearts, my brother and I used to play it; we're both big Disney fans! OPKs can be a little less accurate with PCOS, but probably still worth a shot. CD8 does seem early though. What brand OPK are you using? I found some brands to be more difficult to tell when the test line was darker than the control line than others. 

@Paturkey that's scary! Yes, scalp wounds bleed a LOT! I'm glad that he was able to be cleaned up quickly! The despondent phase is the worst :(

@abjm0325 the summer before kindergarten; it sounds like you will make some beautiful memories!

• Options
    @mrsmtothek Eek, good luck figuring out FW. Maybe O will kindly be a little early or late for you this month. I don't usually start OPKs until CD 10, but I am fairly regular about getting a peak on CD 13. I'd say starting early for a couple month until you start to see your pattern would be a good idea 
    @Paturkey Glad your DS is okay and fx for that good timing!
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt my period came back really quick while nursing like 5 months with DS, 6 months with DD and I had a mirena and with DD2 I think it was like 5 months again. My cycles were wild until they weaned. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options

@mrsmtothek Starting day 8 is good if you don’t know when you usually ovulate, if you suspect it happens sooner than that you can start a few days before. PCOS can cause some extra LH to be floating around so you may be more likely to have some false positives, and false positives are also more likely to happen the first week of a cycle (leftover pulses of LH from the ovulation from the previous cycle). So, if you have a period/+upt in ~two weeks and other signs of ovulation are present now, you may really be ovulating. But you may see it turn negative and have another positive in about a week associated with other signs of ovulation, in which case this is a false positive and *that’s* the real ovulation. OR, you may see some intermittent positive LHs with erratic or no other signs of ovulation and irregular periods, and that’s a sign that PCOS is preventing you from ovulating. Any way it’s good to have the info, but I hope it’s the first two scenarios!

@bbrahmbhatt I had a hormonal IUD in, so I weaned at one year and started having regular cycles shortly after, but I don’t know how much was breastfeeding and how much the IUD hormones were suppressing things. 

Month/Cycle? 3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5g

Any thoughts about this cycle? Thought I was a day 14 ovulator because my cycles were 28 days. I ignored the day 16 ovulation results that I got over five cycles because I thought a cold or just interpreting the tests wrong gave me the later ovulation result. I also thought my LP was 14 days long because it was for one cycle back before I got pregnant the first time, and also took until day 14 to get a positive UPT when I got pregnant before. But now I realize I’ve charted three cycles with 12 day LPs. So I have a 28 day cycle because my ovulation happens 2 days later than “average(?)” but my LP is two days shorter. This is all fine, I just feel silly that I’ve been rejecting all evidence that I regularly ovulate on day 16 and getting anxious every cycle that something’s wrong on day 14 when my ovulation test is negative. 😅

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? I have work out of town again when I’m due to ovulate next! 😂 My work is the first weekend of each month, so hopefully the five weekends in March get me home for future ovulations. 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) I got into Wordle but I CANNOT figure out what today’s word is so I might be about to lose my streak. 
  • Options
    Update: I looked at a calendar and March only has four weekends also. 🤦‍♀️ But April! April has five. 😂
  • Options
    @krb99 lol at Wordle… after my UO post I decided to give it another shot… I’m hooked! Todays word I got really quick, but my guide word(s) led me to the letters, I just had to unscramble them for the answer. You got this!!! 😂
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt Sweet!! I loved those games and I couldn't wait for the 3rd one. Of course its taking me years to finish it but I'll take it  :D I just ordered a new BBT thermometer and the OPKs that came with it (Easy@Home). I do like the app and the analysis of my levels but we'll see if its useful at all.

@krb99 Thanks so much, that info is super helpful! 
  • Options

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 14/1 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO i think?!

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? well, i think AF arrived Friday. this is the lightest period I've ever had to the point where I am like is this even my period?! 

Any questions? see above as a question, anyone else similar?

Rant/Rave? weirdly happy that my cycle appears to be normal after this 2nd loss, my OB really shocked me when she said it could take 3 mos to come back. guess i need to go buy some OPKs

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) WORDLE! i don't really play games, i hate to confess i don't recognize like any of what you ladies have shared! oops!

@ejoseph16 i know so many ppl w/littles who have had stomach bugs, i'm so sorry!
    @mambo5-2 oh yea, nothing like my 2 yo giving my kisses as the snot is running out of her nose.
    @bbrahmbhatt my cycle came back at 8 mos, weaned at a year. it was shorter by 1-3 days (like a 25 day cycle) when i was still nursing, and extended once i weaned.
    @mrsmtothek i need OPKs for idiots, so i spend the $ on CBAD. they have a chart based on cycle length when to start testing.
    @abjm0325 have you guys made a decision on which k program you are thinking?
    @Paturkey heads/faces bleed so much! i'm glad they glued him right back up!! DD got a nice huge one on her cheek this weekend from hiking with a stick.
    @krb99 i lost my wordle streak saturday, and i was SO MAD!

• Options
    @anniemarie887 I feel like periods can be so different after hormone shifts, but I'm glad yours is getting back to normal so quickly! Did your OB clear you to start trying again right away? My cycle came back around 9ish months PP, but its REALLY long and my first PP period was longer and heavier than periods pre-pregnancy. Hormones, man. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt yea, so she cleared me once i had my period. they are old school in that sense. i'm trying not to google or read too far into it. i use an ava bracelet to temp and its attempting to predict O on day 11 and i'm like ha, yea no, i highly doubt it will be that early. but i would agree, my periods used to be more like 5 days, and did lengthen to more like 6-7 after having my daughter.
  • Options

@krb99 Isn’t it amazing how everything we’re taught about the “typical” body in health class never seems t apply to us?!

@anniemarie887 So glad you didn’t have a long wait for your period to come back! We are scheduled to tour our local kindergarten next week, so hopefully we will make a decision then. I‘m nervous and excited.

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I weaned my son at about 17/18 months but I had the mirena so I never had a consistent period to track my cycle by

What number are you trying for? 2!

Month/Cycle? officially starting when my mirena comes out on monday! 

WTO/TWW? technically WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I haven't had a consistent cycle since I have had the mirena. I've had very few periods at all since before I got pregnant in 2015 so hopefully figuring out my cycle should be interesting. Just to be on the safe side I'm just planning for large quantities of sex. Can't hurt, right? 

Any questions? when did you talk to your older kids about new siblings? It's hard not to talk to my son about it because he's been asking for a sibling for years and we only recently decided to go for it but the other side of me feels like I shouldn't tell him anything until we have a successful ultrasound.

Rant/Rave? I am just over the moon lately! Ever since my husband and I decided to try for a second I've just been gliding around with my head in baby daydream land. The rant part of that is all of these annoying things I am still expected to do that are much less exciting. 

GTKY: What is one of your favorite games to play? (Could be a board game, video game, outside game, etc.) I love games!! Word games tend to be my favorites (Boggle, Bananagrams, etc).
  • Options
    @mamafox14 I didn't tell my DS about trying or being pregnant until I was in second tri with his sister. I haven't told either of them that we're trying and plan to again wait until second tri before telling them. There will be additional psychological/emotional considerations since this would be their half-sibling; I don't want to address that until I'm pregnant bc I'm old and it might not happen so no need to get them excited/stressed unless it works out.
  • Options
    @mamafox14 my kids have been asking so much. My older daughter was who told me I was pregnant with my younger daughter, but she as like 2.5. We will probably wait longer to tell them this time as they are much older and I have RPL. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET