October 2022 Moms

Pregnant After Loss (PGAL) Thurs 2/3

Hope this format is okay. You can also just ignore it and tell us how you’re doing this week. ❤️

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Pregnant After Loss (PGAL) Thurs 2/3

• Weeks/EDD? This is my second pregnancy and I am due on 10/13 which makes me 4w2d pregnant.

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I had a loss in July 2021 during my first cycle of IVF - unsure of what happened, things were going smoothly until they weren't. It was challenging as we had to start the entire IVF process over from the beginning and weren't sure if we would get any more viable embryos.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I started seeing a therapist after the loss and continue to see her weekly which has been helping my emotional state. I'm really trying to stay in the moment and take it day by day. Feeling super happy and excited about the good news mixed in with the expected nervousness and anxiety. Physically I'm a mess between the pregnancy symptoms and the hormones I'm injecting every day! But I am so lucky to be working remotely during this time.

Any appointment updates? I have my first ultrasound on 02/14

Any big milestones? Today I got my HCG checked and everything is doubling as it should...taking all the good news that comes my way.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so grateful to have this board as we're keeping this pregnancy secret until we pass the first trimester. Thank you to everyone for letting me vent and talk it out :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks/EDD? 4w1d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? This is my third pregnancy since TTC beginning in June 2021. I’ve have two chemical
    pregnancies. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Tentatively hopeful. No symptoms yet other than fatigue. 

Any appointment updates? Have only had one blood draw so far, Hcg 147, which is so much higher than the initial levels for the other two!! I go back on Tuesday for my second beta.

Any big milestones? Celebrating good Hcg levels so far! 🎉

Rants/Raves/Questions? None yet.
  • @robbinsegg317 fingers crossed for a great US on Friday. 
    @sandy5693 so glad to hear the HCG numbers are progressing well. 
    @rockstarmomma152 147 is a fantastic number!

Weeks/EDD? 3w6d/10-17

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Lost DD1’s twin at 6.5 weeks after having heard both heartbeats at my first ultrasound post-IVF. Chemical pregnancy (faint positive FRER one day but faded subsequent days) July ‘21. MC at 5.5 weeks Dec ‘21. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? This is only my 2nd cycle since the MC, so I’m a bit shocked I’m here. I’m trying to be as “in the moment” as I can and have cautious optimism that the lines are much stronger on the tests I’ve taken than last time (they stayed light positives for a week before my HCG readings confirmed impending miscarriage). Physically I am feeling a lot of pulling in my abdomen and fullness there. Sense of smell kicking in big time too. 

Any appointment updates? Going to call for an HCG draw on Monday. 

Any big milestones? Getting the digital FR to come up with a definitive YES+ was nice since I know digitals are less sensitive. Lord knows my neurotic self will probably keep POAS every day til HCG doubling levels are confirmed though. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None yet. Just happy to be back!
  • @robbinsegg317 So much solidarity on the anxiety front. I had a MMC back in July that we found out about at the 8 week US so I am just as anxiously awaiting my US on the 22nd. I said the same thing to DH that I want to be joyful and enjoy the bliss of finding out that I'm pregnant, but don't want to get too hopeful just yet either. It sucks so much.
    @sandy5693 Fingers crossed for a great US. It's only one week away which will hopefully fly by!
    @rockstarmomma152 That's a great number! 
    @EmilyE13 I am also guilty of peeing on all the sticks.

Weeks/EDD? 5w1d, October 11th

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC/Blighted Ovum in July '21 that lead to D&C

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling good. I am really trying to focus on keeping calm and relaxed. I have terrible anxiety on a normal day, so I am trying to just live in the moment now and enjoy the beginning stages of pregnancy. Physically I'm okay, my boobs are killing me and my sense of smell has ramped up, but otherwise pretty good.

Any appointment updates? I have my third beta draw this coming Wednesday and my first US on the 22nd. Both DH and I are nervous for the US since that is where we found out about the MC last go around, but I think after that I will feel much better, baring all things go well.

Any big milestones? Nope.

Rants/Raves/Questions? None at the moment.

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Weeks/EDD? 4 weeks

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I had a missed miscarriage in Sept at 18 weeks. I was induced and gave birth to a tiny baby girl. Had d&c to remove placenta. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Feeling good physically. Emotionally trying to stay hopeful but a lot of anxiety.

Any appointment updates? Not yet

Any big milestones? Not yet

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not yet
  • lm_klm_k member
    edited February 2022
    Weeks/EDD? 4wk4d, Oct14.

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?  An ectopic pregnancy in Oct 2021 and thankfully cleared through methotrexate.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, I'm ok. Only symptoms so far are lower abdominal pain every now and then, frequent pooping and hungrier than usual. Emotionally, I'm a wreck. Got the positive pregnancy test within a few hours after the news of my mum passing on. So I'm grieving her loss while trying to stay hopeful about this pregnancy. 

Any appointment updates? None yet, this would be second baby. So I know they usually don't see you until 8 or 9weeks anyway. But given my recent ectopic pregnancy, I know my Dr said to check in earlier. Seeing folks tracking the hcg, u might opt in for that sooner than 8wks too. 

Any big milestones? I had terrible morning sickness with my firs around 6wk. So not looking forward to the sickness but also kind of looking forward to more symptoms as a proxy for things progressing well.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
  • Weeks/EDD? 7 weeks/10/3

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in Aug 2020 at 7w4d, MC in Dec 2020 at 6w3d.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Just focusing on staying positive and passing my MC milestones. Super loaded up with symptoms, so that brings me hope. 

Any appointment updates? First appt 2/28 at 9 weeks. 

Any big milestones? Passed MC 2 timeframe, just focusing on getting to week 8!
  • Hello Ladies
    I hope everyone is doing ok. I am glad we are all here but understand the anxiety that comes with pregnancy after loss. It’s nice to share and have a community.

Weeks/EDD? 5 weeks / October 19th but will have to deliver early.

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I lost my son in August at 16 weeks. I had a hematoma that bleed into the uterus. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically i am ok- wanting more pregnancy symptoms but I know those will come later. Emotional trying to get from milestone to
    mole with a positive attitude. Doing a lot of meditating.

Any appointment updates? Two beta draws- second beta tripled from first 

Any big milestones? Not yet- hoping to get through this week with no bleeding (i started bleeding from the hematoma 5 weeks with my son)

• Weeks/EDD? 5, 10/20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in Dec 2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I’m good. Emotionally is a totally different story.. I honestly don’t know how to feel after losing the last one and what I had to go through.

Any appointment updates? Not yet

Any big milestones? Not yet