August 2022 Moms
Options

Skull theory

edited February 2022 in August 2022 Moms
Just wondering what everyone guesses, boy or girl?

Re: Skull theory

• Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    We have an ultrasound thread and a sex thread already, either of which you could have posted this in. We don’t do one off posts here. 
    Fwiw, you showed us a picture of baby’s head and belly, not genitals…. What did the ultrasound tech say? There is no way to know what sex your baby will be from those pictures. 

• Options

My guess is that it could either be a boy or a girl, based on the fact that you called this thread skull theory. I don't know what you expected... 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's a baby...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Google skull theory. It's a thing.
  • Options
    Read the thread that says **Read First Before Posting** it's a thing. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer yes! It's like whoa, can they see me? Do they know I'm looking at them? Do they know how much I love them?
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer you mean the ones I like to call, “skeletor” 🤣 Yes. They are creepy. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty confused and appalled by the vitriol in this thread. Yes, there are rules, but why are we shaming and treating people with such contempt? This is wild and I am cringing over the immaturity and hatefulness displayed here.
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 you may be experiencing something called exaggeration. Feel free to join a different community if this one isn’t a good fit.  If you want support in this community you have to give it. Posting a one off thread about something that isn’t a thing isn’t the way to get it. Walking into a room of people already talking and yelling your question at them isn’t acceptable so why is it supposed to be ok on a forum? I’ll give you a hint, it isn’t. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream again, back to my original question, why are people who are breaking the rules being automatically treated so poorly? Is this exactly how you'd treat someone who walked into a room and started asking questions, as you like to describe internet forums? Something tells me you'd have a little more tact IRL.
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 I think you’re making assumptions about me that are false. If somebody did the equivalent in real life I would tell them it was rude, or ignore them or I may be rude back. You have to give respect to get it. Skull theory isn’t a thing and OP shouldn’t have been rude and condescending when telling people to “google it”. Also there are not 1 but 2 threads where this would have been appropriate. Should somebody who blatantly ignores rules be rewarded? I don’t think anywhere in “ real life” that’s acceptable. 
  • Options
    Well, I've seen this conversation play out a few different times in other threads, so I'll stop here. But I really, sincerely hope that some stranger, some day, extends grace to everyone on this thread when they need it instead of treating you like you all have treated this knottie and others who are clearly excited about their pregnancies but have broken the "sacred rules." 

And with that...I am also out.
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 I hope that this knottie as well as all the others that will do drive bys and not introduce themselves or provide any support will learn social rules and norms and how to follow them so they can participate meaningfully in forums and conversations instead of thinking they are above established social norms. You have a good day and I sincerely hope both you and knottie have happy healthy pregnancies as babies. ✌🏼
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 That's incorrect. These one-off-ers are not automatically treated poorly. The overwhelming majority of them have a legitimate question, and they are gently re-directed AND the responder answers their question, patiently and with tact. 

This particular one-off asked the strangers of the internet (who are not sonogram techs) to analyze their specific sonogram according to a "theory" that is unscientific and not actually a theory. Ask a stupid question...

Anyway, it's different, and most one-offers are treated with respect. 
  • Options
    and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited February 2022
    @onlygooddays08 oh no, not the vitriol.
    You talk about having tact in real life, but would anyone ever enter a room full of strangers and be like, “hey. I’m here. Look at my baby’s head and tell me if there’s a penis or vagina.”

Thats the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. And yeah, I operate, in real life, under the same basis as I have here.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"