May 2022 Moms

Nursery Thread!

Re: Nursery Thread!

• +1 for decals. Best pic I could find but this was DD’s room for when she was little. We got a lot of compliments on this!! 
  • @brookejay06 I totally agree. I think they make some cuter ones these days but for the most part I don’t really like them. When discussing nursery themes with my husband he wanted to add Toronto maple leafs decals and didn’t understand what was so wrong with that. 😂 that’s gotta be the worst of the worst for decals. 
  • Loading the player...
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2022
    Now that you all brought up above the crib stuff…what would you all get for above the crib / any room decor in general with these sheets (white crib)? Like do we stick to flowers of those colors or is there something else we could do? Eta the walls will be a light gray (we haven’t picked the color yet) and I got a navy chair since the built in bookshelves in the room are a shade of navy. 

• @And846 I love that ladder off to the side, and her name! I’ve always loved the name Olivia but our last name starts with O and I don’t love that alliteration. Plus one of DH’s friend’s names is Olivia and he said he felt weird naming our kid that haha 
  • @b_1029 not sure if this would work with your vision, but i could see an accent wall one of the peach/light pink colors looking really beautiful with those sheets! I also for some reason think macrame would look pretty on the walls! Very soft and textured!
  • This is what we did for DD’s crib and dresser before. Her crib was in the guest room and the dresser was ours, since we only had the 2 bedrooms. The painting above the crib is from one of her ultrasounds. I love it. I’m done spamming this thread now, sorry lol 

• @b_1029 love the colors in those sheets! Do you like the flower decals or the large paper type flowers for walls? I think you could prob find something like that on Etsy easy.

• @MrsLaLaBug I do like those! I just don’t know how to arrange them
  • @b_1029 hmm have you tried Pinterest? Normally I go there see something I like and then copy it if I'm struggling with arrangement ideas.

I also LOVE the ultrasound painting! Such a cute idea. Where did you get it from? 
  • @karisahamdi it’s from Etsy!

• Or maybe this. 

• @MrsLaLaBug I almost bought that 2nd one the other day! I played around with the fonts and such but couldn’t commit and wasn’t sure if it would look good above the crib or not. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug I was looking at something similar on Etsy and the shop sent me a 10% coupon after I favorited it….
    www.etsy.com/listing/941205253

@annashaf I love those planets!!! 😍
  • @b_1029
    with those sheets I’d go with lots of fun greenery on the walls and decor

the ladder from DDs room - i made that and stained it. I refused the pay the price of retail and looked up some DIY plans. 
  • sph97sph97 member
    edited February 2022
    I need to get my butt in gear so I can participate on this thread! 🙈🤪
    This weekend I did finish cleaning out the nursery and closet, plus we took what furniture we do have out of the boxes and built. Hopefully soon my dresser comes in and we can get decor hung up! 
  • @sph97 don’t feel bad…we don’t even have a room for the baby yet 😂 we’re going to roomshare for a minimum of 6 months so I’m in no rush, but I still feel super unprepared 
  • @skc040512 so far it looks like this, which is a long way from a giant storage closet of my husbands highschool and college memorabilia 🤣We’re doing a cowboy theme, eventually lol. We’re waiting on some decor we ordered to come in and well, for my husband to decide he’s ready to hang up a few things for baby boy. 
  • @skc040512 we haven’t actually done anything. I ordered a dresser and chair but broke the dresser trying to assemble it so now waiting for a spare part 😆 we have to paint the room too haha 
  • I love seeing all your nurseries come together! @annashaf I love the planets! So creative. 

We’ve hardly started on this little guy’s room. That room became the dumping grounds when we moved and it’s still full of stuff. 🙈

I’m reusing most things from DS’s nursery since everything was pretty gender neutral. I’ll need a rug and I’ll probably get some new prints for the frames.   It feels like I have plenty of time to figure it out but May so going to be here before I know it! 
  • @annashaf the planets are super cool! 
    @sph97 love it and the cowboy theme will be so cute!

• @skc040512 I did all of this this weekend, I got tired of waiting on my husband lol. However, now my hallway is a pile of stacked boxes that haven't made their way to our shed yet (and probably wont for a little while lol).
     I wish I could paint! We're planning on building soon, so we aren't painting any of the rooms so we can re-sell the trailer later. My dresser is on back order, so hopefully we get it by the end of this month!

@MrsLaLaBug Thank you! I'm so excited to see how it turns out!
  • @sph97 we have the same rug in our guest bedroom! 
  • @karisahamdi we actually use to have it in our living room, it was a wedding gift lol! We love it it matches everything! We just replaced it with a cowhide rug, so it worked out perfect for the nursery! 
  • @taylorharris0522 you made those?! They’re amazing!
  • Ya’ll making me feel like I am slacking. LO room is still pretty bare (just a dresser and a rocking chair) and no theme. DD is still in her crib and would like to transition her to a toddler bed (currently in her room where we snuggle before laying her down for the night) and move the crib in there. It is def up there on the project list.
  • @coffeemamaaaaa Yes, and thanks! I upcycled some frames from goodwill. I cut the silhouettes out of contact paper, stuck them on, and spray painted the glass. Then removed the contact paper once it was dry and put a canvas behind the frame. It give it a really cool 3D look. 
  • so cute @taylorharris0522!!!

DH is doing some artwork for the walls and I love the thought of having artwork done by a parent. Thank god he's talented otherwise we'd be SOL 🤣
  • @b_1029 love the built-ins! 
  • @nikkimc8 oh my god did you label the drawers in the closet??? 😍🤓
  • @nikkimc8 holy moly that is ORGANIZED!!
  • @nikkimc8 omg... that is so pretty and beautifully organized, I'm jealous!