June 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In w/o 1/31

2»

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 1/31

• Options
    @fluteling we never bothered with it either last time and don't plan to do it again this time! I just don't want poop diapers or icky days old diapers in there with my baby when they're sleeping lol

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Normal check-ins with OBGYN and MFM in a couple of weeks

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. Trying to get ready for this baby but feeling a bit unmotivated. Waiting for our 3 y/o's big girl bed to arrive so we can move her crib to the baby's room, and then move the guest bed into what's currently our office. I'll feel better once we can stop waiting on furniture and start decorating!

Rants/Raves: N/A

Questions: Anyone with toddlers have any movie recommendations? We just started doing Friday pizza and movie night to try to give her something to look forward to since we have no life with this pandemic, but she's been a little frightened by some of the movies we've tried (Finding Nemo). She liked Frozen, Encanto and was a little scared by Luca but keeps asking to watch it again :)
  • Options
    @idreamofginny My 5 yo was scared of Luca and the sea monsters while my 2 yo was laughing at them as we were watching, so go figure lol. We're not big on movies since their attention span is that of a fly, but we do quick shows. My son is into all the superhero stuff while DD loves mickey mouse clubhouse. We also got my son Osmo for his 5th birthday, so he loves playing it and it's educational at the same time. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @idreamofginny My kids love Vivo, Sing (1 and 2), and Secret Life of Pets (1 and 2)
  • Options
    mamaheidy2mamaheidy2 member
    edited February 2022
    @idreamofginny i recommend ratatouille, such a cute and fun movie for kiddies
  • Options

Thank you guys for the well wishes. I feel a little better every day, but I cannot shake this head congestion. Is anyone else who has had Covid experiencing this? I’ve only had symptoms for eight days, but I am reading that people can stay feeling congested for two or three weeks. I can’t imagine that. I almost had a panic attack the other night because I ate too much dinner so I felt my lungs were squished, and then both of my nostrils were plugged and my sinuses had so much pressure, and then we watched a movie that made me cry and I honestly could not catch my breath and I was starting to panic. Anyone have any tips for handling shortness of breath, and also getting rid of congestion when it feels like we really can’t take any medication? 

@KFrob and all of you who have kids - I applaud you. I am so impressed that you’re pregnant and have other kids to take care of!! You should be really proud. 

• Options
    @shoarmie99 That’s scary!  I’ve done the over eat and not be able to breath thing.  You can take Claritin, maybe give that a try? Also I use Breathe Right strips to sleep. I haven’t had Covid but the two people I know who did both said it felt like they had a sinus infection and it took a couple of weeks to clear up. 
  • Options
    @shoarmie99 my coworker was just telling me that she thought her difficulty to breathe was just covid but went to the doctor and turns out she also has pneumonia. Not saying that’s what it is but don’t just watch your syptoms and keep you & that baby healthy 💕 
  • Options
    @shoarmie99 yes! I’ve had sinus infections and it seems like a lot of people have lingering sinus or ear infections after Covid, at least in my neck of the woods. Go tell a medical person and get some relief to get that junk out of your face!
    Also that shortness of breath thing is scary. I have that too. And then I get upset and cry and that certainly doesn’t help things. But tell your doctor, get in to see someone. It’s a hassle but it’s the only tip I have.