August 2022 Moms
Options

NIPT results

2»

Re: NIPT results

• Options
    Ive down the glucose test 4 times now and the 3 hr twice. The 3hr test is brutal. Regular glucose test isn’t all that bad. The drink is pretty icky but they usually make you drink it quickly (I think my office says 10 minutes or less) so I usually just chug is and hope for the best. And definitely best to drink cold.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer I totally get it! FWIW I’m 5’7” and I’m 169 lbs. the drs scale is definitely screwed up bc it notoriously weighs me 4-5 lbs heavier even when I take off my coat, put my phone down and wear the same amount of clothes I do at home with the exception of shoes. Anybody who looks as me laughs when I say I’m considered overweight and when I was within a “normal” range most thought I was too thin. There is no pleasing anybody. A new system should be developed and used but I know we are very far away from it 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer oh my gosh, I'd have lost my mind. I got sick in high school with a thyroid disorder and the medicine they put me on made me gain over 100 pounds, which I have struggled to lose, and still haven't, 22 years later. The doctors kept telling my mom my BMI was too high and she said, well it's because of the medicine YOU prescribed so figure out how to help her.. So my BMI is way up there and no matter what I eat or how much I exercise, I can't take off the weight. 
  • Options
    leahrnmomleahrnmom member
    edited January 2022
    I am considered overweight on the bmi scale. I don't fret about the measurement, just annoying to have to do the glucose test. I didn't have to do this before either even though I was about the same weight. A tad heavier now. I am in a good place with me weight. I am 5'3 and weigh about 155. My lowest was 143 but I was running everyday and training to run a half marathon. I used to be very overweight though.
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer I would have absolutely lost my shit if a doctor had commented on a 1 year old’s BMI! Absurd! 

@and_peggy I agree, the 3 hour is the one that gets you! I failed the 1 hour by a single point with #2 and had to sit through 3 hours of hell. I almost threw up and passed out, and the phlebotomist was legit rolling her eyes at me like I was being super dramatic. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer are you on Instagram? Highly recommend following PedsDocTalk she amazing and basically refuses to talk percentiles with patients. I love her perspective on it. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I will check it out thanks for the rec!

@maggiemadeit I promptly found a new pediatrician lol. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I also failed the 1 hour by 1 point. I’m fine with blood draws but it was miserable being poked so much and I was very woozy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I’m curious if anyone had the blood test & the results weren’t accurate? I’m currently waiting on my results, this is my first time taking the NIPT. With my other children I found out via sonogram. 
  • Options
    Hi again I should have said in your other post but forgot. from what I understand NIPT is very accurate. I’ve also never had NIPT but anticipate getting that draw in the next few weeks. I’ve heard stories of the sneak peak test not being correct but never the NIPT. Also sorry for not mentioning this thread. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Pregnancy Brain 🧠 
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 - mine were in physician review for FOUR DAYS before they released them to me. Hoping yours are reviewed much faster, but wanted to help level set expectations too. There were a couple of things from the carrier screening that my husband will need to get tested for so that may have been part of what took them so long, but fingers crossed you get yours soon!