April 2022 Moms

Moving to a private group

fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
edited January 2022 in April 2022 Moms
Figured I would get this conversation restarted since we've all been talking about TB's glitchiness... I know we've already discussed this in the great big question thread and it seems from @monstera13's polls (thank you!!) that most of us want to move to FB and now-ish.

We haven't talked about how to facilitate the move though...so creating this thread to start! I know a lot of y'all have been in previous BMBs so any ideas welcome! I've lurked other recent BMBs and they have all approached it a bit differently.

Re: Moving to a private group

• We had two admins and private messaged them our Facebook names on TB, I think. Then they invited us all to the group. I think they might have had to friend us first. That's all I remember! 
  • I can help facilitate if need be.  We had a handful of admins last time and did similar to what @SmashJam said about the PM on here for the username and maybe a description of profile picture.  

The other thing my previous BMB did was try to avoid trolls so if it was someone we hadn't seen on here before we didn't let them in.  I don't know how y'all would want to approach that because honestly I know a lot of people don't participate as much due to the actual glitchiness of TB, so it seems unfair to exclude them, but at the same time we don't want to put the group at risk.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @shlecks I get what you're saying about not participating because of glitchiness... I do think some sort of minimum guidelines for participation would be a good idea, though.
  • @fameonmain2 I totally agree.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @fameonmain2 Yes, how do we determine who is a “regular” and who isn’t? There’s people that join on the weekends and I know we have lurkers that chime in only every once in a while. I wasn’t on a BMB last pregnancy so I don’t have any experience with this.
  • I think we gave the admins our FB email addresses rather than names to help them more easily find us? Hard to remember though that long ago. 

I’ve seen some recent boards have threads where if the person wants in the private group, they post saying so. And then everyone who agrees that person should come to the private group (i.e., recognizes their names and thinks they’ve participated enough) likes the post. 

How many admins do we want? It probably makes sense to figure those people out soon. 
  • @monstera13 that’s how my first BMB did it
  • I think we’re a small group and don’t need a bunch of admins, but kinda just whoever wants to volunteer? I don’t mind volunteering, but am also happy to leave it to others lol!

And yes - I like the idea of posting in a thread and people like it… I think if we have 4-5 ‘likes’ that’s probably enough given our small group? And then if someone doesn’t get enough, but thinks they should still be let in, they can reach out to an admin and they can look at the person’s post history and see if they have been active (just trying to acknowledge that some people have tried to be active but with the glitches, maybe weren’t enough to make the connections)
  • I copied and pasted how they decided to do it in my last BMB...it was easier than me trying to explain it...but I agree the first step would be to decide on Admins. probably an odd number of people so maybe 3?

if you want to join the Facebook group, follow the instructions below:
    Step 1. Private message one of the 5 admins with a picture of yourself. The picture MUST contain your face, your bump, and a piece of paper. On the paper, hand write your TB name, your real FB first name, your due date, and the actual date that you send us the picture. Make sure this is all legible. Please also include your FB associated email address in your PM.
    ****Complete Step 1 by Specified Date.****

Step 2. Be patient. The admins will create a list of women who PM them. Early next week, we will be ready to start sending FB invites to your email inbox. Anyone who isn't a regular (does not mean you have to be a serial poster) will be discussed and called to a vote by regulars who are added to the FB group. Please don't allow this to discourage you from submitting and being put up for a vote. The admins may have not interacted with you, but maybe a handful of other women have. We promise that this does not mean to be a popularity contest. Please understand that this serves to keep us all feeling as internet safe as possible. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• So I think we did something similar with voting with likes. And then once the core group (people who always comment on randoms) they voted on others privately. I am not sure I’m active enough to throw my 2 cents on regulars votes… but that does become the issue with voting, people could like to get the count up. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @monstera13 Yep that's exactly how we did ours too.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My BMB was way more active, so we buried the FB conversation deeeeep in a randoms thread so if you saw it you probably were a regular. I don't think that would work for us here lol. 
  • @Avrilmai Wow - that's intense lol! I feel like we had to answer questions when requesting to join on FB that included our bump name and a secret word that the admins sent out by PM... my only concern is sending pics on TB, because don't they own them right away? Maybe sending via FB messenger is an option? I'm happy to do whatever makes people comfortable though! 

@FishyMom I feel like it's not voting exactly... it's not about whether you like someone or want them in the group, it's just a way of saying 'oh yeah, I recognize you' 
  • my last bump was similar to @monstera13 . I think we sent the picture on FB messenger to someone who volunteered as tribute to give their real name and let people into the group. But we also did the lovetits to validate from a group perspective that someone was considered a "regular" (understood that is relative in this group considering how quiet we've been, but it has definitely picked up lately!!)
  • @doula-mama sorry yes, I didn’t mean if they want them in. What I mean is I don’t feel like I am “regular” enough to determine if someone is a regular. So other irregulars could lovetit when they are not really regulars themselves… boosting the number… not user that made much more sense… but maybe closer than thinking it’s by people you like you. 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• @monstera13 I fully second your list :)

@FishyMom But from the other side, if you're on the more sporadic side of participating (which I am too), and you recognize someone, that says a lot, doesn't it? :)
  • From what I remember we had our admins who were regulars. The BMB that I followed to FB was really active though so there were definite standouts. I wasn’t working then and was a FTM so I had plenty of time for the BMB! Anyway, we PM’d the admin that we wanted in by a certain date. If they recognized our bump name we got in. Then as others that weren’t immediately recognized PM’d, the bump name would be shared with those that were in already. If any of them recognized the newbie’s they got in and it trickled down. I do remember a very small purge from FB in the beginning with a couple trolls that snuck in, but otherwise, it was smooth sailing. 

• @monstera13 I also second your list! And I think that we did emails not names now that I think about it. 

Once we had the group we had a rule about posting that ended after awhile-that every once in awhile we'd purge people who weren't active anymore, and if people petitioned to rejoin we voted. We definitely don't do that anymore we have been together 4 years now, people participate/disappear as life allows/requires.  
  • @doula-mama that is very true!! Maybe it wouldn’t be an issue. 

I think the pic is a lot, but it would definitely show commitment, and would be a lot of work for a catfish, but also could cause a conflict of some people not comfy with that joining. 

I’m up for whatever. 

• I'm happy to do it with a couple of others.. thanks @monstera13 for the nomination.. I was actually going to nominate you!  :D
  • @FishyMom I think that's kind of the idea is that the picture is a bit of a pain to make sure people are 1) committed to joining and 2) not catfishing. But also if someone doesn't feel comfortable with that level of detail, I would assume they aren't comfortable with giving their real name and joining via FB. Just my thoughts though!
  • No real input since it’s been 10 yrs since my BMB moved to Facebook. But that group is truly amazing and still we keep in touch and have posts updating on our kiddos and life struggles. I’ve never been able to post much on the bump, wether due to the app issues, signing me out and I don’t bother to sign back in just to post an agreement on a comment, etc. 
  • @Blondesweety444 yeah probably. Get the mods and they can iron out how they want to contact or be contacted
  • @Blondesweety444 It looks like we have two so far that said yes. I guess next step is to figure out if we want to have them decide or do the love tit voting manner of deciding. I’m good with either! But I’m also antsy to get off this glitchy platform lol. 
  • I'm game. Everything else has been addressed. Just let me know what I need to do and when.
  • I went ahead and started the thread for people to comment if they want in! 
  • Thanks @monstera13 happy to do it along w/ @fameonmain2 and @aloha_mama

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Thank you @monstera13! I was sound asleep when you created that 😂

@Avrilmai & @aloha_mama, YGPM