April 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 1/17

2Β»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 1/17

• @SmashJam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • @SmashJam We’ll all be your alibis and cover for you, don’t worry.Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no @SmashJam!! πŸ˜‚ hope you can get some good quiet time away from whatever is causing these murderous thoughts!!
  • @SmashJam I read your comment to my husband and he laughed then volunteered to put my 5 yo to bed on his own. So thank you.
  • @Blondesweety444 Whew! Bet you got your steps in today! If you don’t mind me asking, why are they having you do NSTs so often and early? Is it for baby’s size?
  • @aloha_mama DS5 was born early because of severe IUGR. At 20 weeks he was fine. At 24 weeks he was measuring 3 weeks behind. Approx 20% of the placenta had died due to blood clots. But we don’t know why that happened (they tested me for blood clotting issues and it was all negative). So just to be safe we’re doing NSTs to watch for any placental issues again. My dr thinks last time may have been a fluke but we’re playing it safe.Β 
  • The Bump randomly changed my BMB to January 2022 and changed my pregnancy feed to a newborn feed. Do you know something I don’t? 😱 lol. I figured out how to change it back though!
  • @Blondesweety444 Oh wow, how scary! I’m glad they’re being so vigilant this time.Β 
  • lol @monstera13 congratulations on your newborn!Β  :)
  • SmashJam said:
    H lived to see another day guys, don't worry-but thanks for offering to cover! lol also @rbflei glad I could help!

@Blondesweety444 that does sound hectic!Β 
    I want to gif so bad and have no idea how… but close your eyes and imagine a β€œI’ll get you next time Gadget”, gif.Β 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************
    Β 
    I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count)Β 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 -Β 3/3/14 -Β 5AB Blast --Β Beta #1Β 3/12Β - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
    Β PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @FishyMom I can picture it perfectly-and also can't GIF so am no help, lol.

• aloha_mamaaloha_mama member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you so much, @FishyMom! These are the ones I wanted but I was waiting to buy them.

ETA I don’t see the sale on there anywhere but I’ll keep looking!
  • How odd. Do you follow any of the discount people on FB? Sarah finds a deal had them posted this morning. It was $20, mine still shows $20. The pic shows 2 bottles but it comes with 4.Β 
    Β 
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• @FishyMom mine shows two bottles but four total PIECES-two bottles and two extra nipples, for $20
  • Check the comments, I think when I ordered it looked the same but it really is 4.
    Β 

• FishyMomFishyMom member
    edited January 2022
    So on the listing it shows 2 of the 2 pack bottles, same with the nipples.Β 
    Β 

• @FishyMom @SmashJam The listing was really confusing but the comments all said it was four bottles and four nipples so I figured I’d try it… When I added it to my cart it said β€œbottles, set of two” and then under quantity ordered it said β€œtwo”— same with the nipplesβ€” so I’m pretty sure it’s a total of four bottles and four replacement nipples! The nipples are on back order but that was an awesome deal, thank you!Β 
  • It is super confusing, which is why I think it keeps going on sale. I’ve bought them on this sale twice.Β 
    Β 

• @aloha_mama @rbflei have either of you seen The Let Down on Netflix?? I was obsessed with it while I nursed with DD1!Β 

I also did the whole red light thing but ended up using a little night light that I could turn off and on. Also what is the order of MOTN feeds/diapering? I forget πŸ˜‚ we do eat play sleep during the day, but did I wake up MOTN and feed and then diaper? I feel like I diapered and then fed….
  • @lemonlove86 I’ve had a few people recommend to me recently to not change diapers at night unless they’re poopy diapersβ€” that the diapers will be absorbent enough to hold pee through the night and if I have to change every pee diaper I’ll be up literally the entire night. Does anyone have personal insight/opinions on this? So I suppose the routine would be: check for poopy diaper, change if it’s poopy, feed, and then back to sleep…?
  • @minnie_yoga_mama the first 3-4 weeks I change at eat one because they pee and poop so often and you want to avoid blow outs. Disposable diapers are VERY absorbent though so once the baby gets to like 4-8 weeks (depending on size, how much they are drinking at night etc) I check the diaper but if it’s not puffy and just had a bit of the blue line then I leave it because both my babies slept better. Also depends on the babies skin. My DD has super sensitive skin and got diaper rash super easily. My son never had it ever and he would have these silent poops overnight so I didn’t always catch it Until a few hours later.Β 

As with everything kid related the answer is - it depends
  • Thanks y’all. I definitely did diaper then feed now that I hear what you all did. I did change every pee diaper and slathered aquaphor like cake frosting with every diaper change since I never knew when a poopy diaper would come!Β 
  • We always had to wake DS5 at night to eat (because he was always teetering the line on failure to thrive due to poor weight gain) so for us diaper changes were a good way to wake up a sleepy baby enough for him to eat. And he typically filled up a diaper to capacity every couple of hours so I wouldn’t want to wait any longer than that. Definitely once he was older we didn’t change the diaper every feed at night, especially if it was just a little snack.Β 
  • @minnie_yoga_mama I think it depends on the kid. My son didn't care if he had a wet diaper but my niece was INSTANTLY upset with a wet diaper. So if my son wasn't already awake then I wasn't checking his diaper and when he woke up to eat we could tell if his diaper was full or not.
  • The absolute worst is when you just finish feeding, swaddle them, put them down, start drifting up to sleep and then you hear it… the dreaded poop 😭.
  • @lemonlove86 I’ve had a few people recommend to me recently to not change diapers at night unless they’re poopy diapersβ€” that the diapers will be absorbent enough to hold pee through the night and if I have to change every pee diaper I’ll be up literally the entire night. Does anyone have personal insight/opinions on this? So I suppose the routine would be: check for poopy diaper, change if it’s poopy, feed, and then back to sleep…?
    I did scientific communication for a major diaper company for years. This is true to a point. I stopped changing diapers at night around 3-4mo because by that point babies abilities to regulate melatonin and sleep through the night are developed. Before that you might get lucky, but not all babies can do it. I'm not going to wake up to change a diaper that hasn't woken up my kid.

But here's the thing - baby poop is mostly liquid, but it is what we used to so wonderfully refer to as "mucousy." It really is just kind of like... poop snot? (If it's too mucousy it can be a sign of something to talk to the doctor about, but regular normal baby poop still has some slip to it). So it absorbs, but if the diaper is pretty saturated in pee it's more likely to ooze out the sides before it can absorb. So if you're getting baby up and feeding him/her, it's really not that big a deal to just swap out a pee diaper to reduce the risk of this issue.Β 

Also some babies (I think in my other BMB it's mostly boys, just because of anatomy) tend to pee really hard in one particular spot of their diaper, and so that spot is going to become less absorbent a lot faster and might overflow more. You can add things to diapers, though, like sposie pads? I think that's what they're called.Β Β 

Anyway, at first you'll likely be changing the diaper before feeding at night to ensure baby is awake enough to take as much of a full feed as they possibly can to hopefully grant you a longer stretch, so you'll definitely get the hang of it and what your particular baby jives with in real time.
  • @lemonlove86 I just started rewatching The Letdown. Omg it takes me back. Also forgot all the crazy hilarious moments. But it also takes me back to feeling of my head barely above water. I can't believe how it triggered how I even felt the last time I watched it. I will say it's funnier now then when I was living it in real life. Thanks for reminding me of that show.Β 
  • @SmashJam re: the toilet seat...NEVER give in! DH is really good about this, but his ENTIRE family including his sister will leave the lid to the seat up and that just grosses me out. close the lid I don't need your germs spraying all over the bathroom.Β 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each.Β 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"Β 

• is there a randoms for this week? Am I missing it?