April 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 1/17

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 1/17

• fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
    edited January 2022
    @SmashJam oh man I feel you on the waste of a snow day! I used to hate when a snow day happened to be a scheduled pd day when I was teaching. Sorry you now have the kids to entertain on top of it. Luckily it’s just rain and a ton of a wind here so we are not as affected. 

Also yes to that tweet, saw it on Instagram and I was like yep, me. I’m always second guessing my exclamation points in emails
  • Loading the player...
  • @rbflei I have literally never heard about this. I always thought red was bad and blue was good? Doesn’t mean it isn’t true but that seems weirdly specific to me. I feel like so much stuff now is like “if you don’t do it this way you’re going to ruin your/baby’s life.” I’m with you, I didn’t do much to “help regulate melatonin” lol I watched sooooo much Top Chef at night during DD’s first 6 months. 
  • @rbflei Experienced STM! I remember small things seeming sooooo important last time around! 
  • @aloha_mama I waiting to restart Parks and Rec from the beginning for late night nursing sessions only.  Who knows where I'll go from there. Last time I tried rewatching Fraiser and cringed tons then found the Canadian comedy corners of Netflix with Republic of Doyle. This time I'll rewatch Kim's Convenience. But honestly at 2 am the bar is low for what serves at entertainment. 
  • @rbflei Parks and Rec is my go-to comfort show! I just started Rob Lowe’s podcast recapping all the episodes. I haven’t even started thinking about what my nursing binge shows will be… I’ve heard Jane the Virgin is good? 
  • @rbflei also a STM and, I'll admit, a pretty neurotic FTM and this didn't cross my radar. I was more in the keep it dark at night vein. I was using a desk lamp that was like stupid bright for middle of the night sessions. Then I realized my pump (spectra) had a light, so I used that as a night light. I was not a binge TV at night person bc my only focus was getting back to sleep. LOL. but I have to agree with you and @aloha_mama Parks & Rec is like comfort food and I did totally binge it while on maternity leave. I also watched New Girl and The Great British Baking Show. 

@aloha_mama I literally just learned about that podcast on Friday...I may need to listen.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @rbflei @aloha_mama red is definitely the color for nighttime. Blue light is more like sunlight, although I think now they’re saying it’s not great in high amounts - people selling special tinted glasses if you’re on screens a lot. And skin care people saying you should wear SPF to prevent facial aging even indoors…

Anyways, I’ve never ever thought about having a special light for night feedings. At least not as far as baby is concerned- I’m more trying to keep the light low so I don’t wake up too much 😆 I do make my kids have red nightlights in their room. But it’s really not that hard to find one.
  • The family and I are in Texas to visit DH’s family before this baby is born. They haven’t seen DS in 2 years, so it’s pretty awesome! But it’s blowing my mind how lax Texas is with COVID precautions. No one wears masks anywhere!
  • @monstera13 at the very beginning of Covid my uncle in Texas was complaining about masks and I was like, can’t you please lean into the whole Texas thing and wear a bandana, 10 gallon hat and big jangly spurs? Just once for me? Preferably with video?

• The cleaning people are coming tomorrow and her playroom was trashed and I've been left too long alone in this room because 3 bags of trash have already left it. When my husband is here he is always the voice of keep it. I think that's what you get when you leave cross country mid pregnancy for 5 days. On the plus side, our cabinets actually contain the items for play again.
  • @bluecampanula That is hilarious! 🤠 
  • @monstera13 Texas is scary with how much they don’t care! My SIL and her family live there and they’re always talking about how everything seems like “normal”. My FIL and MIL went to visit last summer and were thrilled about how everybody was just living their lives without a care in the world. “We went to Buc-ees and there were about 300 people in there and no one was wearing masks or social distancing! It was great!” Sounds like my worst nightmare. 

@bluecampanula I had no idea about red vs blue! It makes sense now that I think about it, since they don’t really recommend watching TV or computers or your phone at night since it makes it harder for you to go to sleep afterwards.
  • @rbflei yesss! I love throwing everything away in secret. If my husband or any kids are around I’m not allowed to throw out anything. Ever. 
  • @Ivorytower2 LOL! I'm actually filling trash bags while my 5 yo watches her favorite show for distraction or nothing would leave even old dried up play doh. I'm in stealth mode.
  • @rbflei I watched a lot of Property Brothers for my middle of the night pumps because if I wasn't paying 100% attention to the show I wasn't lost lol

Also just finally got all of the Christmas stuff actually put away so I'm cleaning and reorganizing everything and it feels so good!
  • My go to show was HIMYM- light, easy and the perfect length for a pumping session
  • My husband "helped" me with baking cookies. He checked on them and put them in for longer. He has always, always overbaked cookies. 10 years together and he still does it. Now I'm bummed and we are out of supplies for another batch... 😞 
  • @aloha_mama I love Jane the Virgin. There's a ton of episodes and it's just perfectly sweet and funny. Highly recommend. 
  • @robbenson sad day 😭

My husband understands literally nothing about baking. I always set a timer on the short end because I figure you can bake it for longer but once it’s overdone it’s overdone. Idk how many times in our marriage I’ve gone to use the bathroom or take a shower or help a kid or something and come back to whatever it is sitting on the oven “because the timer went off.” So I ask if he checked it, if it was ready, etc, and I seriously get a blank stare and “well the timer went off so I took it out.” Like babe if the twelve-year old can tell if cookies are under baked or stick a toothpick in one of the middle muffins, so can you. 
  • @Blondesweety444 Congratulations on reaching that milestone! You’re doing amazing!
  • @hoosiermamajayden why is it so hard for them?! My husband's issue is he will need to add time and add like 5 mn. The entire bake time is 11-13 mn, I set it for the minimum, why on earth would they need 1.5 times their quoted time?? I tried to eat them when they first came out like a pazookie so I could avoid them being crispy. 
  • @FishyMom we used to do fffc all the time on ttgp but I’m not sure how many times we’ve done it here!
  • @FishyMom I mourn the recall of the Rock n Play all the time.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @shlecks NO! This is amazing!!! I need pictures!
  • @shlecks - I love that SO much! I'm doing my shower on March 5th (which also happens to be my birthday).
  • shlecks said:
    @FishyMom I mourn the recall of the Rock n Play all the time.
    I happened to hunt one down, which is why I asked about the FFFC. 😬
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @FishyMom I am so jealous. That bed was amazing last child no flames from me. I gave it to a friend and they moved away and then they recalled it before I got pregnant and I was like, NOOOO!!!!!
  • Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
    edited January 2022
    @FishyMom @rbflei I get super sad on a regular basis thinking about how amazing the rock n play was for my first two and now I’m not going to be able to use it for this baby. My first two full time slept in it for 5 months and it was amazing. Sad times!!! Rip rnp
  • I was always surprised they didn’t come out with something similar. It was such a popular product. 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• @shlecks it looks like that was their replacement. Even the name is similar. Hopefully it’s as good!