May 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/3

2ยป

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/3

• @And846 we are the city that never sleeps ๐Ÿ˜‚

@b_1029 noooo! Iโ€™m so sorry! Do you have a home test or are you going to get tested for sure? Hopefully itโ€™s psychosomatic? ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    ย ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 
  • @MrsLaLaBug hopefully just a poorly timed cold or something haha. My MIL works in a lab and is working tomorrow, so she should be able to give me the hookup for a test. There are no at home tests to be found here right now but I guess I could always schedule a drive thru one for during the week tooย 
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 FX it's just a cold or very mild COVID ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

@pajamstagrams the struggle is real! January is full of birthdays (SIL, BIL, BIL's fiancรฉ, and then my own) so it's all of the treats all of the time. My glucose test is scheduled for end of the month so hopefully I can calm it down towards then.ย 
  • Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? As exciting as things can get while pregnant during a pandemic lol.ย 

I tested positive for covid :( the urgent care recommended an antibody wash/infusion since Iโ€™m considered high risk? Has anyone heard of that? I left a message with the OB on call line to see what theyโ€™re recommendingย 
  • @b_1029 Iโ€™m on a bachelorette and i did get the most lovely prenatal massage.
  • @And846 oooo a massage sounds lovely! Glad you got to enjoy one!
  • b_1029 said:
    Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? As exciting as things can get while pregnant during a pandemic lol.ย 

I tested positive for covid :( the urgent care recommended an antibody wash/infusion since Iโ€™m considered high risk? Has anyone heard of that? I left a message with the OB on call line to see what theyโ€™re recommendingย 
    From what Iโ€™ve heard, the OBs in my facility are recommending it for any pregnant patient who tests positive. I have not discussed this directly with my provider but given the amount of breakthrough cases with omicron I will be asking him on the 20th. Iโ€™m curious what guidance you will get from your OB.ย 

FWIW as a total internet stranger/friend, as someone who has cared directly for hospitalized covid patients, I would take the infusion if I tested positive and it was offered to me.ย 

ย Feel better soon <3
  • @b_1029 sounds similar to the monoclonal treatmentsโ€ฆI know access is limited so maybe a similar thing, or since pregnancy makes you high risk you just get priority? I know our local hospital was recommending MCLA as the first response for pregnant women and is still prioritizing them for treatmentย 
  • Happy birthday! Hopefully those tiles come with a side of some of your favorite food!!
  • @jandawg happy birthday!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    @b_1029 ugh Iโ€™m sorry it was positive. Hopefully the infusion helps shorten the length of symptoms as well as intensity for you! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    ย ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 
  • @b_1029 also totally missed that second part of your post - sorry you tested positive and I hope your ob gets back to you quickly.ย 
  • @jandawg happy birthday! I hope you had a good day!
  • @jandawg happy birthday!

Does anyone have any best remedies for a very sore throat? Iโ€™ve been isolating since Thursday and 2nd rapid test I took yesterday came out positive. I am fully vaxโ€™d but this still hit me kind of hard with symptoms. ๐Ÿ˜”

I havenโ€™t taken any OTC meds. Last night I finally tried a Halls lozenge we had at home and it helped for about 15 minutes. Iโ€™ve been drinking tea with honey, making soups, trying to drink water all day to stay hydrated.

Iโ€™m hoping maybe Iโ€™m getting over the worst of it now because I do feel better this morning with the other symptoms, but still have a sore throat thatโ€™s kept me awake most of the night. Itโ€™s like I swallowed glass shards.

@b_1029 I hope youโ€™re feeling ok too.
  • @jandawg happy belated birthday!
    @b_1029 oh no, I hope you feel better soon! I'd definitely go for the infusion if it's like the monoclonal antibodies.ย 

@fireflyz_56 you can do a warm salt water gargle for sore throat. It's disgusting, but it helps!
  • @fireflyz_56 I usually switch off between hot and cold items. I tend to have popsicles and hot chocolate.ย 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited January 2022
    @fireflyz_56 not you too! ๐Ÿ˜ขย 
    Chloraseptic spray and throat lozenges are on the list from my doc. Maybe that will help? Or hot tea/honey/lemon if you like tea? Feel better!ย 
    ETA:spelling
  • Yes, itโ€™s the monoclonal antibodies. The place the urgent care referred me to is a cancer infusion center but they didnโ€™t call me back yesterday and are closed today. I called the on call OB line and got a talk to text response (I guess there must be a triage for when the actual doctor calls back, because when I called about BH they called back) saying they are recommending getting the antibodies to all pregnant women who test positive, especially is unvaccinated. Iโ€™m going to call both the OB to speak to someone and try to get scheduled for the infusion ASAP! So far this seems to be concentrated above my shoulders but everything above my shoulders hurts ๐Ÿ˜ฉย 

@fireflyz_56 noooo Iโ€™m so sorry! I donโ€™t have anything else to add on sore throat remedies other than what others have already said. I hope something is able to help your sore throat soon!!ย 
  • @fireflyz_56 regular Tylenol could help with sore throat, the list from my OB also includes cepastat lozenges which I think are more numbing so might help for longer. And I second the warm salt water gargles, three times a day!
  • fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you all for the sore throat recommendations! I havenโ€™t been able to let my dr know that I tested positive as its the weekend so I appreciate all your suggestions! Iโ€™m definitely going to try the salt water trick. โค๏ธ So far today yogurt and a smoothie have been my friend. All the cold things haha.
  • So sorry you tested positive @b_1029 and @fireflyz_56. Sending you both healing thoughts <3ย 

Happy belated birthday @jandawg!!ย 
  • @MrsLaLaBug nice, way to get it done!! I have no idea what a parade throw is but I hope you show us when youโ€™re done!ย 
  • @b_1029 ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m riding in a Mardi Gras parade this year and the โ€œthrowsโ€ are all the stuff I throw to the crowds from the float! Some people do only beads, some people like to have only light ups or plush. I have a mixture of both! Today I got footballs, feather boas, some plush, and a bunch of LED wands. Iโ€™m getting so excited for my parade!!ย 
  • @pajamstagrams did you make the fudge and cinammon rolls this weekend? I was literally walking through my living room earlier and stopped dead in my tracks and just blurted out โ€œI need a piece of chocolate cake like, right NOWโ€ and DH looked at me with that โ€˜do I need to go to the storeโ€™ side eyeย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Oh no, @fireflyz_56 and @b_1029

i hope you go into the next week feeling better and that some of the advice given has helped.ย 
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited January 2022
    @MrsLaLaBug lol no, my logical side held out. Given the abundance of chocolate leftover already, I shouldn't make it worse ๐Ÿ™ˆ I normally am not a huge sugary snacker but the holidays get me every year. So I'll wait and see what happens with the glucose test, and then maybe do a small treat after ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
  • @pajamstagrams I understand - the glucose test scares the crap out of me especially now. Technically I think Iโ€™m supposed to do an A1C test or finger pricks for a week instead. The bariatric surgery I had makes everything absorb completely different and sugary things kindof make me sick if I eat/drink too much so ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌย 
    But I talked to my surgeon and my OB about it already and Iโ€™m just gonna go for it and try it the normal way.ย 
  • @MrsLaLaBug yeah I mean DH is coming to my appointment because I almost passed out/threw up last time, so I don't react well either๐Ÿ˜ฌ I'm hoping and praying I can keep it down again lol. I'm dreading it so much. I did pass last time, but it was on the high end (125), and I don't want 2 months worth of sugar to skew my test when that's not normally my diet and not what I plan to continue doing.ย  The whole test is frustrating because I KNOW I have issues with sugar, which is why I try to balance it well with protein and limit my fruit/dessert intake. Gah.ย 
  • @pajamstagrams I completely understand. My weirdo unrealistic plan is to eat nothing but chicken and broccoli and my protein shakes for like a good 3 days beforehand ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @MrsLaLaBug @pajamstagrams I finally - after 3 pregnancies - told my doctor I wasnโ€™t taking the glucose this time. It absolutely tears me up thanks to my UC (I canโ€™t eat high sugar foods in general without it causing problems, so drinking that on an empty stomach and having that much sugar go through me so fast causes literally week long+ painful side effects). Iโ€™m doing the finger prick, but for 2 weeks to err on the side of caution. The extra dumb thing is when I went over everything with my OB, he asked what I was eating for my flare diet (which has basically become my pregnancy diet because Iโ€™m practically always in a flare now thanks to hormones). After he looked it over he was like โ€œyeah basically the only thing different between what youโ€™re doing and what you can eat on a GD diet is that you can eat more things on the GD dietโ€ ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚ bruh then why am I even doing the finger pricks?? Just monitor it at my appointments lol
  • @skc040512 ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ I mean I guess it's medically relevant if you do have GD, so they need to know, but yeah, if you end up on the same diet anyway then there should be an easier way to monitor/test, but alas, life doesn't work that way ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
  • Wow I have missed a lot over the weekend! Hope everyone feels better who is sick!! No fun at all dealing with covid and pregnancy!!ย