June 2022 Moms
Options

The big sex mega thread

2»

Re: The big sex mega thread

• Options
    I have a three and a half little boy and just found out we’re having a girl 🎀
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marionberry19 so cute! Love that pink little outfit

we aren’t telling anyone our sneakpeek results until we confirm at the AS. But EVERYONE talks about baby being a girl because we have two boys and it has me up in arms. Why would three boys be so awful?! I’m actually really sad not to have three boys and it is making me angry that everyone else will be so busy ecstatic baby is a girl meanwhile I’ve been daydreaming about three boys for years. It makes me feel like our oldest two aren’t good enough because a)they aren’t girls or b) yeah they’re great but also…not a girl. Will a girl be fun? Absolutely. But I also want space to grieve what I thought would happen without everyone shoving it in my face about how exciting a girl would be. A boy would have been beautiful too. 

Sorry, yikes, that was a rant. The whole girl v boy thing is just making me angry lately. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bww_0331 my SIL is pregnant with her 3rd boy now and is happy. She said she can't picture a girl because she doesn't have experience with one. However, during her gender reveal all the parents could talk about (her dad mainly) how girls this and girl that, how boys are great BUT they were mostly hoping for a girl and they just NEED a girl. It was mainly her dad too who wouldn't stop with the comments. We all kept redirecting the conversation to how it's great regardless, boys are awesome, all that matters is a healthy baby. Then they did the reveal and it's a 3rd boy and the first thing her dad says "well, I guess we know you'll be trying for #4 now". Like what? I get people mean well, but just stop. Keep the comments to yourself and just congratulate the parents and share in their excitement. 

@KFrob ha, that's awesome! Congratulations! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @chelsmankowski Boys are the best ever. My first was a boy too. I wanted a girl at first, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. They're funny, rambunctious, and they love their mamas so fiercely! 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @KFrob I’ve been waiting for your post! Yay for another girl! We’ll only have three here but literally one of the first things my husband said was “what am I going to do.” hahaha 

@bww_0331 ugh. I had this same experience but opposite gender. I dread telling people that we’re having our third girl because they always respond with an “Aw man” type comment and can’t believe that we’re truly happy with having an all girl family. Like you, I could only picture having another girl. We also had the added pressure of being the only ones that could pass down the family name.. so we got a ton of comments about that too. Like we can control it. 🙄🙄 I’m sorry and I definitely wouldn’t tell them till you’re ready. ❤️
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NIPT says boy! I had a feeling that would be the case. I'm pretty neutral about the sex but I do think it'll be somewhat easier on our daughter to have a baby brother rather than a sister. 
  • Options
    Got my blood work back and we’re team Pink! 💗 we were secretly hoping for another girl (I have a 6yo daughter) because we’re familiar with baby girls. I also have about 20 boy cousins and 2 brothers. DH also has a brother who has a son so really wanted to rep the All Girl family. DH got a “girl dad” shirt for Xmas that he’s been wearing all the time lol.

I’m so glad you all mentioned peoples ignorance when you tell them the sex of the baby. My dentist said “let me guess, you’re having a boy. Since you already have a girl.” Do I know you? She literally only cleans my teeth. Then she said “oh darn well you can keep trying for your boy” literally has no idea the infertility and miscarriage turmoil we’ve been through. Who even said I needed a boy since I already have a girl. It really makes me upset when older people make comments like this.  I can hear my aunts now saying this when we announce the baby is born. My girls are the greatest gift I can ever ask for!