August 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL 12/23

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 12/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 5+3 Aug 22

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 2 CP, MMC @9 weeks and MMC at @14 weeks 

Physically starting to feel pretty crappy. Emotionally, I’m still anxious AF. I’ve had two sets of good betas now but with my MMC my hormone levels looked good too so that only gives me so much reassurance. Even with a healthy pregnancy since my losses it’s hard to believe this could actually work out. 

Any appointment updates? First ultrasound is Jan 3rd. I have PTSD with ultrasounds and even if it goes well I don’t know how relieved I’ll feel. With our 14 week loss we had seen a heartbeat 4 times and had normal NIPT results so I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Any big milestones? Not yet

Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m still not sure when to tell close people, I’d love to be able to send an ultrasound picture to surprise them but if we get bad news I don’t want to either pretend like the pregnancy never happened or be like hey we were pregnant but now we’re not. So I’m leaning towards telling people a few days before the ultrasound and then just updating after it’s over. But I also feel like a downer with so many losses and feel like people are probably sick of my pregnancy drama so part of me also wants to keep it to myself for a while. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I get what you mean about not telling anyone. I won’t be sharing with our family until I pass the first trimester. I’ll feel comfortable telling my kids at that point, and they can spread the news.

Up until yesterday, nobody but DH knew but after my scan, I told a few friends from previous bmbs so I could have someone to share with. But I’m really liking the secret from my family.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 5w2d/ Aug 24

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? CP in Sept

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Well, covid has made its way into our home. So that was stressful. But everyone is doing great. My OB got me monoclonal antibodies last night, even tho my symptoms were very mild, and today I feel completely normal. So normal I don’t feel pregnant, so that’s a PGAL mindfuck. I did take a test today, which turned + basically immediately. 

Any appointment updates? Nope, still Jan 20th

Any big milestones? I started bleeding last time at 5w, so to get past that milestone feels big. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just sad to not see family at Christmas. 

@paytonpedro so exciting on how you’re going to tell family!
    @and_peggy that’s great you got a scan!
    @fuzzywombat I'm sorry for that bittersweet news. 
    @bearmomma1 I’m so glad your labs are so great!
    @coco2787 your story is very similar to my best friend from college, it’s hard with the anxiety. 
  • Options
    @fuzzywombat I’m so sorry for your loss ❤️
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD?
    6W6D

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 2 CPs from IUIs in 2016, assumed I could never get pregnant naturally

Feeling okay physically, sore boobs, occasional nausea but no puking yet, more tired than usual
    Emotionally, I’m excited but trying to stay calm and also super scared about losing it because I feel like this could be my only chance since it took 7 years to get this one

Any appointment updates? 1st appt yesterday was good, got to see the baby and heartbeat even though she didn’t tell us how fast it was. Next appt is on 1/7

Any big milestones?
    Just yesterday’s appointment. I never thought I would have a sonogram of my actual baby to put on my fridge but I do! Leaning towards telling my family tomorrow.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    What would you do in this situation: I got blood work and a pap done yesterday and the doctor said the nurse would call next week if anything was concerning. I got an email that the results are in my patient portal already this morning. It’s Christmas Eve. I don’t want to look and freak myself out all weekend over something that may or may not be concerning and ruin Christmas. I think I’m just going to wait until Monday and see if the nurse calls. If not, I’ll check myself and call her if I see something that seems questionable to me. I’m not really *expecting* anything bad since the appointment yesterday was good, but you never know. If there is something bad, there’s not really anything I can do about it now anyway since everywhere will be closed for Christmas. It’s still tempting to look though.
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 4+5, due 8/28

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Stillborn daughter 7/28 at 21 weeks. I experienced PPROM at 20+2.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Emotionally excited & scared, but excited. Physically just fine, a little nauseated but nothing major.

Any appointment updates? Labs done, waiting for doc to call us on Monday with results but he’s already said first ultrasound will be week after next.

Any big milestones? Not yet, getting past 21 weeks will be my big milestone 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 5w 6d (8/21 due date)

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? First pregnancy ended in MC at 5-6 weeks. Then shortly after had a healthy pregnancy with DS.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Mild nausea and aversion kicked in recently, which is giving me great peace of mind (w my MC I never got to the nausea phase). 

Any appointment updates? Intake appt (via phone) is 1/7, then in the weeks following we'll schedule the first ultrasound. 

Any big milestones? I'm strangely relieved to have entered the nausea/aversion phase. I'll be grateful for a positive first US.

Rants/Raves/Questions?