May 2022 Moms

Recipe sharing!

After this week’s GTKY question in the weekly check-in, I thought I’d start this board. 

Please share your favorite recipes (or links to recipes) here. It could be helpful to maybe also share the easy/difficulty rating you’d give it! 

Yum! 🤩

Re: Recipe sharing!

• MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited December 2021
    I’m gonna need to know which one of y’all has a bomb ass recipe for baked macaroni!!!! I have tried so many recipes and just can’t find “the one” 😂

• Loading the player...
  • this casserole is an absolute staple in our family! 

• @MrsLaLaBug are you looking for like a baked Mac and cheese recipe or another type of macaroni? If it’s Mac and cheese, I may have one!

if you’re looking for a quick and easy soup, the easiest one ever is a hamburger vegetable soup.
    1 lb ground beef (can leave out if you want vegan)
    64 oz tomato juice
    1 pack dry onion soup mix
    canned veggies 
    salt & pepper

literally all you do is brown the ground beef and drain off the fat. Add the canned veggies, add the tomato juice, add the seasonings and let it simmer all day (it’s actually usually better the second day but it’s good to eat whenever!)

As for what kind of canned veggies, I typically use whatever I have on hand. I’ll usually do one can of each: diced tomatoes (undrained), corn, cut green beans, peas, carrots, Lima beans, all drained and rinsed really well. I’ll also add in canned potatoes if I have them or whatever else I have on hand. Serve it with grilled cheese sandwiches and it’s super filling and great for fall/winter. It’s also so freaking easy and makes a TON. We usually eat what we want, save about a quart in the fridge to eat off of during the week, and freeze 2 quarts for later. 
  • @skc040512 yep baked Mac n chz! It’s like a southern staple(or Louisiana for sure) and I’ve tried about 3 or 4 different recipes myself and just can’t seem to find that perfect one! LOL 

• +1 to needed a bomb baked Mac n cheese! All the ones I’ve made have been too soupy. 
  • @And846 EXACTLY!!

• This is hands down my favorite baked mac and cheese recipe!! I use a half and half combo of freshly shredded (makes ALL the difference!) muenster and extra sharp cheddar. Made it just last week and was in heaven!!

https://www.thechunkychef.com/family-favorite-baked-mac-and-cheese/
  • @ashr223 thanks!! I’ll have to try that one out!! My house lovvvves baked macaroni!

• @ashr223, I've made that one, too! So yummy! 

• Trying this recipe out for the first time tonight!! 

• Report back on how it is! 
  • Everyone liked it - my youngest said it needed “a lot of Parmesan to make it better” 😂😂
    I steamed some broccoli separate from the crockpot, and served that with it over pasta. Seems like it would be good over rice as well. I mixed my broccoli in with everything but my kids liked their broccoli on the side. Would def make again.