May 2022 Moms

Monday B*tchfest

Re: Monday B*tchfest

• I had labs back in October and just got the claim info from my insurance company. I gave the lab company the wrong damn insurance card and I’ve been on hold with them for 44 minutes trying to get it corrected. At least I’ve got Netflix in the background. 🙄🙄🙄

• I may have mentioned that a couple weeks ago, our daycare announced new management and I was nervous. 
    Today they sent an email outlining several new policies for next year and I am just irked. I think if they had said any sort of reasoning behind it I wouldn’t be as frustrated. They’re increasing rates (which I know is normal) but changing their closing time from 6 to 5:30. So less hours but more money, that’s cool. They’re also implementing an early cutoff time for drop off and saying cutoff for drop off after doctor’s appts is 11 am. You also can’t pick up your kid in the afternoon for an appt and bring them back. Maybe this is normal but it’s totally different from what they’re doing now, so it feels really frustrating. Like I said reasoning would make it better, or if they said anything about improvements they plan to make next year, how these changes will impact the KIDS…right now it seems like it’s just punishing parents. 
    Also they started the letter with some BS sentence like “we know change is hard but we hope you’ll embrace them with us as we move towards an even greater center”…don’t treat me like I’m 5, and also what’s the greater center you speak of?!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh @b_1029 that’s super annoying!! 

• @MrsLaLaBug when I first read your post I read “I had crabs back in October” instead of “labs” and I was like “oh wow we’re getting really honest and personal today 😂😂😂

my BF today is 100% a first world problem but whatevs it’s annoying. I put in a grocery delivery order (don’t judge, I hate the grocery store 😂) and literally half of my order was refunded or replaced because the store is just out of like everything. They didn’t have APPLES. Or RICE. Like, it’s one thing if I order something like gluten free bread and they’re out but you’re out of rice??? So now I’m gonna have to go to the more expensive grocery store in person and finish shopping because I need most of that stuff for holiday meals 🙄🙄🙄 if I didn’t, I’d just wing it but dude. 
  • @skc040512 I completely understand. I had a delivery order last week that didn’t come!  I had the last appointment time of the day and I guess they just decided nah not today. When I realized it was an hour late and the store was closed I figured out it just wasn’t coming. I was so irritated!!  I was able to cancel so I didn’t get charged but geez a notification of some kind that it wasn’t coming would have been nice. 
  • @b_1029 oh girl, I'd be PISSED. 5:30 vs 6 pm can be a big difference, if you don't work near the daycare.

Also wtf with the dropoff? Can we not manage our own kids' schedules? I personally wouldn't drop my kid off after noon, but that's just because it's during naptime, and I, as the parent, will make the decision not to disrupt her day like that. Is this a covid policy? We had a temporary policy in place that you had to drop off by 9:30, and within the 1 hr window you signed up for, but there were always exceptions for Dr appointment, you just had to notify ahead of time so they'd have a runner to take your kid back.

@skc040512 I need to do a grocery order for all the desserts we've been asked to make, but I'm worried things will be sold out and I'll get sh*tty substitutes. 
  • @pajamstagrams I ended up emailing them and they explained that the kids eat at 11 so that’s why they’re making the cut off for the Dr appt at least. She didn’t say anything about the regular 9 am cutoff. In my email I was like I can’t predict the doctor’s office (for example DD still has to see a neurologist. We had an appt at 8:45 and they were running an hour behind. I don’t think I dropped her off till 10:30) and it’s not fair to punish parents for that. 

Agreed that 30 min is a big difference. I’m still working at home so it’s not like a giant deal for me other than the fact I usually sit for like 10 min after I log off so I can have a second between work and mom mode and I won’t be able to do that anymore, but my company is scheduled to go back to the office in January (20 min or so away) and DH’s office is like 25 min away 😐 just annoying. 
  • @skc040512 DED 😂😂😂🦀🦀🦀
    Stores here are out of so much too! By my own fault I’ve waited to the last minute to do baking but our grocery store was out of cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, baking soda, and the only eggs left were like 3x the normal price! 

• Went for my covid booster this morning and Its my own damn fault for waiting till Christmas week and a walk in clinic time, but ugh it took forever and the line moved so damn slowly.  And it was one of the coldest days yet this season.  At least its done now and I don't have to think about it for a while.  Fingers crossed I don't feel horrible tomorrow.  So far just tired.
  • @And846 for real! I used to do casual labor at a clothes store (aka we folded clothes and restocked) over Christmas during college. We had some b*tchy people come in , complaining their order was delayed, and I'm like "ma'am, you know there's a snowstorm in the northeast, we can't do anything about that". But my personal favorite was the young woman who came in looking for a gift card, probably on Christmas Eve or the 23rd, and we only had Father's Day cards left. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't get the card 😂😂 (but hey, she didn't complain either) 
  • @third2022 my symptoms after the booster were super mild. Slight headache, but that was it. Hopefully, yours are mild too!
  • @karisahamdi
    Thankfully slight headache and just feeling tired all day! Feeling grateful it wasn't more :)