May 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 12/20

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 12/20

• @MrsLaLaBug lol don't tell DD that, she'll just repeat it over and over 🙄

So back in May?? or sometime earlier in the year we were gifted a pepper plant cutting from DH's coworker. It's been a mystery as to what kind, because DH forgot, and I suck at gardening and it took FOREVER for this guy to start growing, and I was enjoying the mystery. anyway, I guess DH wanted to end all that and asked his coworker today. *chili pequin*.  Absolutely no idea what to do with it (need to Google more), but supposedly it's a super hardy plant which means it hopefully won't die this winter. (Not likely given the highs this week, that guy is going to be living his best life 🙄🙄🙄). 

• @pajamstagrams can you bring it inside or into a garage (if you have one)? My parents have a lemon tree that lived in their all season room during the winter and in the garden the rest of the year lol

Ok it has been a while since I ventured onto  any board besides this one to lurk but omg. The name board (just the giant general one). There are some truly awful names buried on there lol. I went to see if I could find some inspiration since DH and are are still floundering and it was just like a freaking train wreck on every post. Thanks for not being too crazy in your names. Y’all are my people. (Btw I’m all for unique names. But some of them were just bad lol)

• Loading the player...
  • @skc040512 yeah I can definitely bring it in (and will) if another Arctic blast comes through this year. But are temps are projected to be pretty hot the next week or so, which is great for the plant, not for my attitude 😂

Also yes, the name board...it's a ride.

• New recipe we tried out for the first time! Gingerbread blossoms. With a peppermint Hershey kiss. Normally we make the peanut butter version of these with a chocolate Hershey kiss. The kids approved. ❤️

• I tried baking this weekend and the oven literally blew fire in my face. Luckily no serious burns or major hair loss and DD was in bed. Now time to start looking at new stoves…
  • Omg @addsprinkles521 that sounds terrifying! Glad everything (besides your oven) is ok!

@MrsLaLaBug I’m making peanut butter blossoms tomorrow with DD 1&2!
  • I made tie dye butter cookies with a recipe from bon appetit and I was not impressed with my swirly glazing skills..they taste good though
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited December 2021
    @jandawg that’s so cool!!! 
    @addsprinkles521 oh no! We just replaced our oven as part of the spruce up before listing the house and I was terrified the old one was gonna blow any day lol 
    @skc040512 we are doing the peanut butter ones tomorrow too! I made the dough for the sugar cookies tonight and put it in the fridge too. ❤️💚

• @addsprinkles521 DH's first time baking he used the broiler too long and I opened the oven to face full of flames. He's never baked again (thank god!) but it was an intense experience. 
  • @karisahamdi he did set the oven for me as I was rolling out the dough but it was taking forever to get over 200 degrees (like it was stuck at the same temp for over 5 min) so I went to check on it and opened the door and bam fire came out.
  • today TB says her foot is the size of a gummy bear, which is kinda cool bc it feels like not too long ago she was the size of a gummy bear 🐻 

• We are having Christmas  dinner at home with just our family and my mom. Husband requested lasagna which is easy, but what goes with it? I am trying to make a grocery list and pregnancy brain is not helpful….. need suggestions for sides and apps 
  • @tacosandtums a Caesar or green salad and garlic French bread. *chefs kiss*

• Anyone else being entirely useless at work / in life this week?! I think we should just be allowed to take off the last 2 weeks of the year haha. 
  • @tacosandtums absolutely garlic bread!! Green beans would work too if you don't want to do salad. 

@b_1029 😬 unfortunately I've been waiting on stuff from a 3rd party. They didn't get back to me. Which means my first week back in January is gonna suuuuck.

Omg guys. The dream I had last night was EFFED UP and I 100% thought it was real. Basically the premise was that The Bump was doing some kind of test, and they picked 12 users and then "unblinded" them and then some hacker found out and published the list of users with real first and last names (scrambled letters, but still), and I was one of the unfortunate 12. I was 100% convinced people would find out my name, and now it was all over the internet where people could do nefarious things with it, etc.  What a relief to wake up and realize it was a dream. Not that I have anything on here potentially damaging, but still, it was a huge invasion of privacy! 
  • @b_1029 DH’s last day is today and then his company goes into mandatory shut down until January 6 and I’m so glad lol. This is the first year he’s had this much time off over the holidays, and is a vast improvement from when he worked in industrial construction and would work 90+ hour weeks over every holiday week
  • Ok DH and I just finished season 2 of The Witcher, and if this is a plot to drive book sales, it’s working 😂 I’m going to have to go read the whole series now because it ended on such a complete mind eff that I need to go figure out wtf is going on cuz I’m not waiting another 2 years 😂 tbh I wasn’t *super* impressed with season 2 (I still really liked it but I thought season 1 was a lot to live up to) but there were definitely things I was not prepared for in the last few episodes lol
  • Omg @skc040512. SAMEEEEE  
    Although I feel like I read somewhere recently that Henry said he was committed to X amount of seasons, and also that they were supposed to go ahead and start filming early 2022 for next season. I have a love hate relationship with the fact that all the episodes are released at the same time. It gets kinda anti-climactic, yet I also love to binge. 

• Y’all. My hair has started growing back finally after my surgery… but I have like this funky hair antenna in the front now that DH keeps lovingly pointing out to me 😂😂😂

• @skc040512 we finished last night, and yeah, I'm tempted to read the books 😂

@MrsLaLaBug naaaah I hate waiting for shows like this! We only watch one or two a night anyway, but it's nice to keep everything fresh in your mind. 
  • OMGGGGGG THERE’S A SEPTEMBER BMB. 
    Like… that’s the month I freaking conceived. Suddenly it seems like time is actually moving!?!?!? 

• @b_1029 I've been with my company for the past 7 years and we've always gotten off the week between Christmas and New Year. I have no clue how anyone does work during that timeframe! I can barely focus the few days leading up to the time off. 

@MrsLaLaBug I have those on the side of my head whenever I put my hair into a ponytail. It's a fun look! I use DH"s pomade to keep them tame lol 
  • I’m always so stunned when i see the next month BMB pop up. It makes it feel much more real that time is moving! 

Also, whyyyyy are there so many different tables on weeks/months pregnant. Like, is 22 weeks 6 months or is it 23 weeks? Why can’t we all agree? 
  • My family’s Christmas is basically canceled :( my family is giant (mom is 1 of 6, I have like 20 or so cousins, 10 or so 2nd cousins, etc etc) and it was always going to be a smaller gathering than normal but my aunt called and so many people either have or were exposed to covid. DH and I are still going but we are basically just crashing an immediate family Christmas at this point- my aunt and uncle, then cousin and her kids. I’m sad since this is probably the last year we’ll go to this party anyway. It’s getting so big and we want to start spending Christmas Day with just our little fam. 
  • @b_1029 man that sucks. I've heard of a lot of people's gatherings (ours included) get cancelled or having less attendees due to people getting covid. 
  • Merry Christmas Eve!

• @And846 omg yesss it’s so confusing bc they are all different! 
    @b_1029 stupid Rona!!! I hate it and am soooo over it ruining everything for like the last 2 years basically. I’m sorry boo. 😔
    @pajamstagrams LOL the a/c is def on over here 😂😂😂 it’s supposed to be 80° tomorrow! Another Louisiana Christmas with tank tops and shorts!!! 

• @b_1029 I’m sorry. My BIL and 2 month old nephew are positive so my sister’s family didn’t get to come. On my other BMB people are canceling left and right bc either they’re positive, exposed or family is positive or exposed. What terrible timing for this resurgence. 
  • @happynapper seriously, horrible timing. I know everyone could’ve used a closer to normal holiday right about now. Ughhhhh 
  • Anyone else having some post-Christmas regret with trying to find places to put all the stuff your kids got for Christmas? Just me? 😂 my oldest 2 got a Barbie dream house and a Barbie closet from my mom and my aunt and now I have to find somewhere for all this stuff to go 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 of course they spent all day yesterday stealing DS’s toy cars and not playing with their own toys so it’s extra awesome lol
  • @skc040512 I went through that the last 2 years with mine between the LOL Dollhouse, electric trains, then the DreamHouse. I had to do toy purges each year before Christmas bc I knew what was coming LOL!!! Funny enough - this year I swear subconsciously DH and I realized we’re in the middle of moving/selling/decluttering bc when we sat back and looked a lot of their gifts were for outside(scooters, baseball/ basketball stuff) or just took up zero space at all. 😂

• I’m behind this 100% 😂😂

• @MrsLaLaBug Yesss. I wish everyone got that time off!!
  • @MrsLaLaBug ah, i wish! I’m taking my PTO in two parts in January 🙌🏼
  • @MrsLaLaBug I'm off this week! It's so nice! We have very little plans. 
  • I’m home all week, but working from home Tuesday and Wednesday. My husband works every day so it’s not that relaxing at all…dying for a nap!!