May 2022 Moms

Weekly check-in - week of 12/13

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? 

Re: Weekly check-in - week of 12/13

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 16 weeks and 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: It’s so busy for ultrasounds (and anything doctor related) in my area that my anatomy scan isn’t until Jan 18th. I’ll be 21.5 weeks then. Sigh.

How are you feeling?: Actually a lot better.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

Art
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19 17+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: not till the AS on 1/5

How are you feeling?: meh. Exhausted

Rants/Raves: DD has an ear infection and her antibiotic doesn’t seem to be working because she spiked a fever that she hadn’t had before. They told me to bring her back in today and they switched her to a stronger antibiotic, also the one she was on when she had nonstop diarrhea / no appetite and ended up in the ER for fluids. So, obviously hoping that doesn’t happen again. The doctor said it was hopefully just a coincidence and suggested giving her a probiotic with it. FX. I’m also just sad because she’s not getting better and it feels like I’m not doing enough. Her runny nose started the Friday before thanksgiving and the 3 of us have just passed it around and around. I finally took her to the doctor bc her nighttime coughing turned to all day coughing. 
    In good news I feel like I’m starting to feel the baby but I’m still not 100% sure. My stomach has been so jacked lately that it’s hard to tell what’s what. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: I liked science till we were in high school. I always liked my Spanish classes too until I got to college- my high school teacher was amazing! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy 1/4

How are you feeling?: great!! 

Rants/Raves: my 2.5 yr old is still sleeping like a champ. 13 hours at night and 1.5 hrs in the day. WHAT is this life. I’m used to 10.5 hrs at night and 1 in the day. RAVING about the Hatch nightlight!!! Plus, I have been going to the gym for 1 week and The combo of feeling stronger plus alone time has me on cloud 9. (My husband joked, let’s mess it all up and have another kid!!! Lol. My thoughts exactly)

Questions: 

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? Health science. I did clinical rotations at a hospital while in HS and it was fascinating. Interesting story- (and perhaps a ***TW*** but I don’t mean for it to be!!) On one of those rotations, I was able to hold a 17 week gestation baby and have never forgotten it. I was struck by how this tiny baby was truly such a little person. All the little fingers and toes and organs. Just needed more time in the womb for the lungs. But WOW she didn’t look like an alien at all. She was beautiful. I remember that as I am now 17 weeks. I can envision so clearly the size and shape of my little bean and it helps me to connect ♥️ Our babies have grown so much and are so amazingly formed! Even at just 17 weeks. 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 19+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday is my anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Starting to have some pinching in my left lumbar area where I have a history of a ruptured disc. Most likely it’s because I’m getting to the point of being uncomfortable sleeping on my belly (I usually alternate side/belly/other side) and that is usually how I get the best decompression 

Rants/Raves: Just feeling thrilled that I’m days away from halfway!

Questions: 

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school?  English, i prefer reading/writing things over like math and chem. 
  • @b_1029 I have a few friends whose kids have been dealing with bad ear infections that aren’t clearing up. Keep in mind most ear infections are viral so it’s not always surprising if they don’t respond to antibiotics. But if she is on them, try having her eat some no sugar added Greek yogurt every day. Antibiotics tear up your GI track and the healthy probiotics can really help! You can also just get a probiotic supplement if she doesn’t like yogurt! 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 5/7, 19w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments: not until January

How are you feeling?: tired but pretty good

Rants/Raves: not sure if anyone else with young kids is experiencing this but omg the entire month of December makes mine act like they’re on crack. Ready for Christmas so they can calm down finally lol

Questions: 

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? I was a huge history nerd. Still am lol. My favorite era was always ancient history but I love it all
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 10 / 19 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: AS this Friday!!!! 😃

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise I'm feeling pretty good. However, I'm definitely battling a sinis infection

Rants/Raves: Sinus infection is in full force today. Ended up calling in. I feel like my head is going to explode and I've been up since 3 am. I'm so thankful for DH. He is already home from work and taking care of me and cleaning the house. He's seriously the best. 

Questions: not at the moment

Science
  • laketidelaketide member
    edited December 2021
    st. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17 weeks 3 days 

FTM/STM/TTM+: second ❤️

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 27 regular OB then Dec 30 for anatomy scan at my MFM (yay!!). These feel so far away but with all the holiday activities I know it will go quickly!

How are you feeling?: Really good!!  

Rants/Raves: I am starting to feel little movements which I LOVE!  I can’t wait until they are more consistent. I am a little sad that my belly will be bruised the entire pregnancy because I’m on lovenox injections (but also very thankful for this medicine that is helping a healthy pregnancy). 

Questions: 
  • sph97sph97 member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 10 - 19.1 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM  <3

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week anatomy scan, we will hopefully be finding out the gender!

How are you feeling?: HEART BURN- these past couple weeks my "morning sickness" has reappeared, I thought she was gone for good! :(

Rants/Raves: I know I'm early to be complaining,but I feel "out of room" already! I work in a classroom and I am constantly out of breath, or my chest is on fire! Morning sickness is coming back, which is usually triggered by my heart burn and brushing my teeth.

Questions: Is it normal for symptoms to re-appear? How can I "catch my breath," or is this life from here on out now?

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? English! I took several literature classes in college, I would love to get my masters in American Lit one day!
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    May 29  16+2 
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow!!! Can’t wait to hear that heartbeat again 💖
    How are you feeling?:
    A lot better thank goodness! 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: Traffic, crowds, and unusually warm weather are making me feel Grinchy. 
    Rave: I was able to attend DD class holiday party after being locked out of the schools for the last 21 months. It was SO nice to be back. 
    English 

• @sydneyannette53 you’re not alone, I feel like my breathing is all weird when I’m sitting at my desk. If I’m standing I’m fine but apparently everything is super squished already. I’ve tried doing the rower the last couple of weeks at the gym and ended up nearly hyperventilating because I can’t figure out how to breathe 😆
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 19w 6d 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: We have our AS tomorrow!! 

How are you feeling?: As mentioned in the question thread I had some lingering RLP over the weekend, but haven't had it since Sunday morning. I have been gagging again as I brush my teeth, but as long as it's not happening past that I'm fine. Emotionally I am very excited to see baby boy tomorrow, but also nervous. FX that everything looks perfect 🤞🏼

Rants/Raves: The heat in our reno house is way too hot upstairs because we have those stupid mercury thermostats that don't really understand when to stop heating an area. We attempted to put in our smart thermostats this week, but they aren't compatible without additional wiring. The joys of renovating! 🙃

Questions: None

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? English. I'm a huge reader and loved the discussions we would have on each book. I also really loved the creative writing aspect of some of my English classes and wish I could flex that muscle more in my adult life, but who has time for that? lol 
  • I’ll update tomorrow! Just like @karisahamdi
    I have my anatomy scan! 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16+4 May 27

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third time mom

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 16 week appointment today and got surprised with the glucose drink.  I had GD with my last pregnancy so I guess I get to do it a few times as long as I keep passing it.  Very happy to say I passed it today!   Glucose was 96 and it needed to be below 140 :).  If you haven't done it yet...make sure to ask for a straw.  Way better than having to sip it.

How are you feeling?: My daughter brought home the stomach bug last week so I was sick Thursday night with that then exhausted to the point I couldn't get out of bed till Saturday.   Since then I've been feeling nauseas in the afternoons again and a little heartburn.  I'm hoping it goes away soon.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? Health sciences...and I got my degree in Occupational Therapy.
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May11/18+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 28

How are you feeling?: heart burn has started which as some one who is lucky not to have it outside of pregnancy (knock on wood) it stinks but I am feeling more baby movement which I love.

Rants/Raves: DH and DD are under the weather but hoping they are on the mend. I love the extra cuddles with DD but makes it so hard to get work done. 

Questions: Not right now.

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school? Science
  • @b_1029 I have dealt with ear infections my whole life and it is a lot of feeling helpless. Sometimes medicine helps, sometimes it doesn’t. Hopefully this is a one and done for your daughter (fx).
    19w5d - May 6th
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Anatomy scan tomorrow!
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good, except I'm just not sleeping through the night any more. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Going back to pads because the discharge is getting real again. Also, waking up at 2:30 - really brain? Is there even a good reason for it?
    Questions: 
    None
    English and science - I was a total geek, especially from 7th grade to graduation. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @nikkimc8 I've got a seemingly very short lived sinus infection going on as well. At least I hope it's going away, and not just teasing me lol. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 18+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: next year lol. 5 days from never (it feels like) for my anatomy scan (heeeyyy @fireflyz_56 I feel your pain, I'll be almost 23 wks)

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy wise, ok. My calf swelling was seemingly temporary, so no need to full time-it with compression socks. Yet.

Rants/Raves: rant: this week is hella long for me. Rave: I'm almost done for the year! 

Questions: nope

GTKY: what was your favorite subject in school?  AP chem! 🧪👩‍🔬  Love chemistry. Loved my teacher. 

Also am a big reader like a lot of you guys, but absolutely hated English, because nothing is worse than having to analyze what you read and therefore ruin a perfectly good book. I don't give a sh*t why the light is green and what it represents. It just is. 
  • @pajamstagrams I had so many friends make fun of me in high school because I would literally have a different book with me every day for fun reading, but STRUGGLED to finish assigned reading 😂 I still loved English, but mostly because I had some really good teachers 
    20w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    stm 

Upcoming Appointments:
    1/10

How are you feeling?:
    good, pregnancy wise. Crappy that i have DDs cold. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Anatomy scan went great! He was so cooperative that it was done so quickly. Healthy lil guy that kicked and moved so much. Only noteworthy was anterior placenta so i hope that shifts up and the pregnancy progresses. 
    Rant: I’ve got DDs cold. I’ve done so good not getting sick and here i am feeling crappy bad just want to put myself in a NyQuil sleep. 

Questions: none! 

history and art! I loved them both so much and actually got a minor in art history in college