May 2022 Moms
Options

Read This First!

Welcome to the May 2022 BMB! (I used this template from March 2022 BMB with a few tweaks) If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 
Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions!" thread 
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: 
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss (please use a TW)
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Weekly threads suggestions! Feel free to add any others you think would be helpful/fun. 

MONDAY
-Monday Bitch Fest 
-Weekly (or monthly) symptoms thread 

TUESDAY
-GTKY ("Get to know you" posted with a thought-provoking question) 
-High Risk Check-in

WEDNESDAY
-Hump day/bump day 
-PAIF check in 
-Weekly randoms 
-WTF Wednesday

THURSDAY
-PGAL check in
-Unpopular opinion UO
-Thankful Thursdays 

FRIDAY
-Flame Free Confessions 
-TTGP Grad check in 

MONTHLY
-What my pregnant self is eating/crying?               
-AMA mama check in 
-Ask a STM+

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements, and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of March.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: Read This First!

• Options
    In my previous BMBs we've had weekly check in threads (I saw this group had one back at the end of August as well). Does anyone have a preference for how they are organized?? With my O18 BMB, I think we did it by ticker change date (ie what day of week do you go from 4+6 to 5+0, or 6+6 to 7+0, etc) and in my short time in the Jan22 BMB, it was combined because they're weren't that many of us, and I think some BMBs have done it by due date week (so May 1-8, for ex)

My preference would be another combined one, since I don't think we'll have the numbers like we did a couple years ago. Thoughts??? 
  • Options
    I was thinking same thing with having it combined. I think our numbers are manageable to have one group. In my July18 BMB it was by week since it was so large. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just realized I had a draft on this thread asking the same thing about check ins. If there are enough people I’d prefer to do the due date ones instead of ticker changes, but it seems like we’re small enough to just do a combined check in. We could always reevaluate later in case the bmb is suddenly poppin 😆
  • Options
    I think we could do a weekly check in for everyone for now and switch to weekly due date check ins if it gets to be too many for one thread. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @And846 we did have a lot of mom In the July 18 BMB- I was just thinking the same about check ins. I’m good with whatever is decided 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    If we do separate the checkins I very much prefer the due date week over the tickers. My bmb with my oldest made that switch partway through and it worked so much better. I never really understood why they did it with ticker change other than they wanted to use that stupid term lol. With the due date week, everyone is at the same stage and it seems to work better for interaction. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ok, me again. What do you guys think about a product spotlight series, where we talk about different PG/baby items each week or every couple weeks (strollers, carseat, maternity stuff, etc)? Pretty sure every BMB does one, and I know benefitted from it in the past! Alternatively we could just start them organically if multiple questions along a topic start coming up as we go along, rather than something predefined. 

Might be too early for most of them now, but I know some of us are probably approaching maternity clothes soon due to bloating (👋👋🙈) so that might be a good topic soon! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams good idea! I know we did that on my previous bmb and it was helpful. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams +1 to product spotlight! Maybe a bi-weekly thread or just organically.
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams love that! as a FTM I need all the reccs I can get 
  • Options
    brookejay06brookejay06 member
    edited December 2021
    Can someone tell me if it would be appropriate to start a “Mentally Preparing for Baby” thread? A space to talk about feeling ready/not ready, concerns and worries, excitement, transitions with jobs or from 1 kid to 2,3,4… Also to talk about mentally preparing for postpartum. Perhaps people have dealt with PP anxiety or depression and there are a lot of feelings about going back into that PP season. 

Maybe it’s just me but I’d love to hear peoples thoughts on going from 1 kid to 2, how they prepared for postpartum, how they’re feeling about being sleep deprived or baby feeding, etc. 

@MrsLaLaBug @pajamstagrams  @And846 you guys seem like you know what you’re doing lol. Would this be a good thread?
  • Options
    @brookejay06, I like that idea for a thread! 
  • Options
    Ditto to @runninginva I think that sounds great @brookejay06!!
  • Options
    @brookejay06 yes yes yessssssss 💯 

• Options
    @brookejay06 absolutely!