Options

Weekly check in - week of 12/06

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life?

Re: Weekly check in - week of 12/06

• Options
    18w3d
    FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow @ 3:30 - regular OB appt, next week is the big anatomy scan!
    How are you feeling?:
    With the exception of sleeping like crap, I'd say pretty good!
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - I did not appreciate the 2 day stay in my hospital's L&D - contractions from dehydration due to a stomach virus. These weren't the painless BH contractions, they hurt. But we're out now and little boy is doing great, and that's all I care about. 
    Questions: 
    None
    Wine! I've been craving wine so badly lately, and all the non-alcoholic imitations just taste like vinegar. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19 16+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: I had a standard one this morning and baby’s HR was good. Next stop, AS in a month! 

How are you feeling?: exhausted from pregnancy insomnia, the vicious cycle of always being thirsty and having to pee in the MOTN, and back/hip pain. Otherwise fine 🤪

Rants/Raves: nothing really one way or the other. It’s Monday and I have a headache. I treated myself to a donut after my OB this morning. Ups and downs lol

Questions: nope

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? Good margaritas. Sleeping. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity oh no that sounds awful! Glad you and the baby are ok. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 5/7, 18w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Upcoming Appointments: just had one today and had the AS with it!

How are you feeling?: pretty good pregnancy wise. Having other chronic issues flare up so that’s no fun 

Rants/Raves: my kids are being psycho today and I’m already ready for bedtime lol 

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? We went to a loc Mexican restaurant the other day and I wanted one of their margaritas so bad! I rarely drink, but I love to get margaritas from this one place because they’re amazing. Just a few more months lol…
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity omg, glad you and baby are ok!

@skc040512 I'm always ready for bedtime now. DD has really embraced the threenager phase. 😖

@b_1029 re: symptoms, girl, same. It's exhausting. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17 wks, May 16

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until next yr

How are you feeling?: Tired. And achy. Sciatica is kicking my ass (literally) and my hips/legs are going tingly at night so that's been fun. Need to convince DH to massage my glutes more 😂

Rants/Raves: *whine* my anatomy scan isn't until I'm almost 23 weeks. Ugh. I'm on a wait list for an earlier appointment, and I already know sex, but still. Gonna whine about it. 

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? Besides wine lol.... I'd say not having the paranoia about everything I put in my body. I'm not super concerned food wise because it's mostly a food poisoning risk and I'm comfortable with that risk assessment, but I drive myself crazy with personal care products and researching what's actually safe. Or with using crystal glasses or stoneware for cooking, and worrying about lead leaching out. It will just be nice to have my body back to myself. In like 1.5 years lol. (Not looking for reassurance that I'm just being paranoid and everything is fine, it's a complicated situation and I'll just say I'm *extremely* conservative when it comes to that type of stuff)
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams oh DD1 has just decided to skip the rest of 6-12 years old and head straight for full on teen attitude, eye rolls, door slams and irritated “ugh mommmmmm” responses included.

also, totally feel you on the obsessive side about everything. About a year ago I started studying side effects of everyday toxins and omg it’s terrifying lol. I had to switch a lot of products for health reasons (gut problems and eczema) and it caused me to rabbit hole…
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity ah, how scary! Glad y'all are doing better! 

@pajamstagrams I know the feeling. Every ache and pain is reason for worry and 

19w1d

Upcoming Appointments: 12/15 - feels like forever away

How are you feeling?: pretty good - just tired from waking up a lot during the night.

Rants/Raves: hell week is over at work and it should be smooth sailing now and I can enjoy the season.

Questions: nope :)

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? wine, sushi and Publix subs.

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11/ 17+5

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 28th

How are you feeling?: overall not bad. Have a slight cold and obviously can’t take much for it so it’s lingering around. I wish kicks were more consistent.

Rants/Raves: DD is sick and nights have been something else. Spent 2 hours in the dr office for them to say it’s most likely a viral winter cold and since she’s under 2 there’s not much see can take.

Questions: anyone’s kicks more regular yet?

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? Jimmy johns and sleeping well (not in that order)
  • Options
    @And846 I miss subs so much. Every first meal post baby is an Italian sub from Jersey Mikes 😂 there’s one right by my hospital and they deliver so I check that one off my list ASAP
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity so happy you and baby are fine!! 

@pajamstagrams I am the worst at remembering to do this in the moment! I bought a new body wash tonight because I couldn't find mine and totally didn't think about this. Luckily I tend to buy sulfate and paraben-free products anyway, but I always like to double-check. 

@addsprinkles521 I can normally count on him to kick when I'm laying on the couch after dinner and then when I'm lying in bed at night falling asleep. It's only been since Friday that I've really felt/noticed a timing to it. 

@skc040512 my first meal post-baby is an Italian sub specifically from a local franchise near us. I miss them so much 😭

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 18w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 12/10 for normal midwife appt and then 12/15 for the AS, which I am both nervous and excited for. 

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling really good, especially now that he's kicking! Being able to really feel him has made things feel way more real and adds a sense of comfort. 

Rants/Raves: I've been craving sweets again, which is a rave and a rant because it's so tasty, but not part of the healthy eating I should be doing. It was so much easier to stick to a healthy diet before pregnancy 🤣

Questions: None

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? I miss the act of drinking with friends. I went to the brewery with friends and it was great to see them, but would have been better with a beer lol 
  • Options

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 

Upcoming Appointments: today- went well!

How are you feeling?: really good!!! Some crazy dreams but unisom helps. Headaches and nausea are basically gone. I also just got a gym membership and I feel like a million bucks. The time alone + the investment in my physical health + the endorphins …. Amazing. 10/10

Rants/Raves: RAVE RAVE RAVE. We bought a Hatch nightlight and have been using it for about 5 days. Since doing so, my kid has slept 12+ hours every night and stayed in bed during nap time. I got TWO HOURS of alone time this morning (granted, I got up at 5am…). I feel like a NEW WOMAN. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? Social drinking. The taste of alcohol. Hot tubs. (Not that I have access to one… I just like the option lol)
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 15 weeks, 2 days

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow, for a check-in. Hopefully soon we can book my anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: Quite a bit better, I have energy again and nausea is minimal.

Rants/Raves: Rant... it's a blizzard outside right now, high winds and freezing. I just can't deal with winter today. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Is there anything you miss so far about your pre-pregnancy life? Being able to fit into my jeans. Also, not feeling breathless when I climb the stairs. At least it's just for a little while. :)
  • Options
    @brookejay06 +1 to the hot tub. We have one and my DH has fired it up a few times and gone out with cigars and whisky and was like “i wish you could join me” 😒

@addsprinkles521 and @karisahamdi
    at this point i can feel little guy daily - just various times. It all depends on when I’m quite and not moving a lot. Last night he gave me the pleasure of what i can only assume was using my bladder as a trampoline. The pain and constant urge to pee for several hours was a real treat.
  • Options
    @DarkSerendipity holy crap so glad everything is ok!! 
    @pajamstagrams a glute massage sounds heavenly 
    @And846 Publix subs are enough to make me want to move to FL. I ALWAYS eat a ton of them when we’re there on vacays every summer 😂
    @addsprinkles521 I’ve just started feeling what I think is real flutters or rolling but nothing consistent  yet, but of course I’m so far behind everyone else 😭
    @karisahamdi omg the sweets. I had literally stopped eating all sugary things/desserts/etc bc of my surgery. Now it’s all I crave and every once in awhile I do indulge a little bit but it always makes me feel so ill after 😩
    @brookejay06 yay for the magic nightlight!
    @fireflyz_56 I’m jealous of your blizzard. It gonna be in the 80’s here the rest of the week 😭

May 29 - 15+2 today
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM w/surprise baby girl
    Upcoming Appointments:
    12/15 - my kids came with me to my last appt and got to hear the heartbeat which they thought was super cool 💜
    How are you feeling?:
    very hormonal. Either always weepy or always irritable 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave:Nausea seems to finally be gone! Rant: I hate sleeping on my side. 
    everything. But mostly vodka. 

• Options
    jackdetroitjackdetroit member
    edited December 2021
    18w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    4/5th TM

Upcoming Appointments:
    Dec 15 - midwife
    Dec 28 - anatomy scan

How are you feeling?:
    Rough. Sore, uncomfortable, anxious, always out of breath.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - we found out we have rodents in our van and garage. They chewed thru one seatbelt and have chewed up other items/food. So now we have to deal with that.
    Rave - my Christmas shopping is like 90% done!

Questions: 
    None

Being able to get comfy on the couch/bed, being able to do stairs/walk without feeling like I can't breathe
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22