Maybe we can get this one started on the right day this time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:Β 

Questions:Β 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?Β 
Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Re: Weekly check-in! w/o 11/29

• @MrsLaLaBug good job getting us started!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19 15+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: 12/6 for a routine prenatal

How are you feeling?: fine pregnancy wise. My stupid pain seems to have gotten better *knock on wood*. DH and I have been down for a full week now with this cold and mine has migrated into all day/night coughing so I’m exhausted. What else is new I guess since the cold started right after my insomnia phase.Β 

Rants/Raves: just the above, I’m so tired of being tired and sick. I don’t want to work today and I wish I could feel baby girl so I felt more connected to this pregnancy.Β 

Questions: can’t think of any atm

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A ver or a pediatrician. My desk job is close πŸ˜† notΒ 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    May 29 - 14+1 today

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTMΒ 

Upcoming Appointments:
    just had one last week, all labs were good. Next one 12/15

How are you feeling?:
    A little more hormonal lately. Or maybe that’s just bc today I’m more annoyed than usual. πŸ˜‚

Rants/Raves:Β 
    rant: I’m glad to finally be in 2nd tri but still feel like time is crawling.Β 

A marine biologist or a teacherΒ 
    Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
  • Loading the player...

• @b_1029 I couldn’t agree more about wanting to feel movement and feeling more connected to this pregnancy. Currently I’m just always either tired, stuffed up/sinuses crazy, bloated, or generally aggravated. πŸ˜‚ Baby flutters and kicks might help.Β 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 17+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 16 week last Tuesday, the most uneventful appt yet (first time with no ultrasound) so I don’t go back for my anatomy scan until the week of ChristmasΒ 

How are you feeling?: I very frequently still forget that I am pregnant so I’m counting that as a win as we near the halfway mark.Β 

Rants/Raves: The only change so far that i will rant about is peeing every hour while awake… already??Β 

Questions: Has anyone used a willow or elvie pump? I will probably get a medela again through my insurance because I have extra flanges etc already but I have considered using HSA money to buy a wearable pump for when I work. In healthcare unfortunately it was extremely hard for me to even get 2 pumping breaks during a 12.5 hr shift. I usually only got 2 breaks if 1 of them was my lunch. I know it’s illegal and shouldn’t be that way but it’s reality… Mostly wondering if they would be discreet enough to use at work even if I’m at the desk charting and not wearing them directly in patient rooms or something.Β 

A teacher but thank goodness I didn’t because being in charge of that many kids at once sounds insane to me now πŸ˜‚ my sister teaches elementary ed and loves it so I’m glad it worked out for someone elseΒ 
  • @happynapper I used the willow pumps last time. They’re super quiet but it is definitely obvious if you’re wearing them- like Dolly Parton boobs haha. I think if you’re sitting at a desk though it’s probably fine especially since it sounds like you’re in healthcare and maybe wearing scrubs?Β 

@MrsLaLaBug fx for both of us feeling it soon! I think I felt her once last weekend and maybe one other time but nothing definitive yet. I saw your post in the name thread and I agree that having a name would help too!Β 
  • @b_1029 yes scrubs might help them be a little less dramatic looking lol so it sounds like it could be a reasonable option for me
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 17w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 12/10 for normal midwife appt and then 12/15 for the anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: I've had some hip pain and have had to pee constantly, but otherwise, I've been feeling so much better!Β 

Rants/Raves: I feel like I'm feeling flutters more frequently, but as a FTM I have no idea what they really feel like so could just be weird stomach things lolΒ 

Questions: None

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I would have loved to be an elementary school teacher!

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited November 2021
    @happynapper as someone who has spent entirely too much time in a hospital while pumping, and has had every nurse, doctor, PCA, random charitable well wisher, etc see their boobs because they walk I'm while pumping...I say, go for the wearable pumps in patient rooms! πŸ˜‰

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 16 wks

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan, hopefully the week of Xmas if they're open

How are you feeling?: All the headaches and oh so tired 😴

Rants/Raves: rave: I splurged on some bamboo jammies from kindred bravely and it was soooo worth it.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?Β  A vet! But turns out I'm hit or miss with blood so probably for the best I'm an engineer and don't deal with any of that πŸ˜‚

Edit: didn't finish my thoughts lol
  • @pajamstagrams omggg I’ve been eyeing a lot of things from kindred bravely!Β 
    @karisahamdi how exciting for feeling the flutters!! Idk about everyone else but for me personally, I describe it as feeling like a butterfly in a jar - and your uterus is the jar. That’s what it always felt like in the beginning to me!Β 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14+3 5/27

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third

Upcoming Appointments: Mid december

How are you feeling?: Almost like myself again except more moody (poor husband)

Rants/Raves: Feeling very stressed about our car/car seat situation.Β  We have a small SUV and I'm not sure we can fit a 3rd carseat.Β  I have been looking at cars but my husband test drove my top pick and liked it but was concerned about relizbility, then started questioning why I ruled out the other cars I test drove.Β  He has no interest in looking at or discussing anything related to cars whatsoever.Β  It seems like there is plenty of time before May but with the car shortage, some car orders are taking 3/4 months to come in now which doesn't leave a ton of wiggle room if further delays come up.Β Β 

We ordered some slimmer car seats because ours are pretty wide to see if it is possible to somehow squeeze 3 across in our car.Β  I'm very particular about wanting seats installed properly so I'm not sure that it will work out.Β  I also really like the seats and added safety features we currently have with our Britax/Nuna seats.Β  They just install soo easily.Β  Hoping the Graco ones we ordered feel substantial and are easy to install.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A gymnast and a vet.Β Β 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 14 weeks and 2 days

Upcoming Appointments: Check-up on Dec 7th

How are you feeling?: Overall, I am feeling better. Still the odd twinge of nausea but happy to have some energy back.

Rants/Raves: Rant… I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t know what we are having yet, lol. I won’t find out until the anatomy scan. I imagine it will probably be around the beginning of January.

Questions: No

My parents say when I was about 3 or so I wanted to be a truck driver like my dad. πŸ˜† Later on I wanted to be a marine biologist, then a vet, and then an artist.
  • @third2022 if it’s any comfort, I have a friend with triplets who drove a small SVU up until recently (the kids are turning 6 next month) and they had no issues with the slimmer car seats fitting. That being said, we graduated to a minivan when we had our 3rd and I’m never looking back (until we’re at least mostly done with car seats πŸ˜‚)
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7 17w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments: December 6 and it’s the anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: pretty decent. Almost over my cold/RSV crap but still throwing up occasionally. I also still just randomly fall asleep if I’m sitting still long enough lol

Rants/Raves: DD1’s homeschool group dissected crayfish last week and I’m so glad she was out sick πŸ˜‚ unfortunately I got the text yesterday saying they were dissecting owl pellets today. Wish we had missed this one too lol

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I feel like it changed weekly lol. A teacher was the main one as a kid. A nurse while I was in high school, until I found out what all clinicals involved lol. I ended up in HR/staffing and am now a SAHM πŸ˜‚
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    18w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    stm

Upcoming Appointments:
    12/15….seems so far away! Anatomy scan!Β 

How are you feeling?:
    tired. This week and last have been 60hr 6 day weeks due to business, any why I’ve been quite on here.Β 

Rants/Raves:
    Raves - ordered a dresser for baby. Online said it was a 6 month wait but i went in store and ordered and will have it delivered next week! Also love feeling lil one move but i hate that the movement is so inconsistent and not an everyday thing.Β 

Questions:  is it next week yet so my life can slow down 🀣

I remember always playing grocery store and saying β€œi want to be a cashier when i grow up” and then after a quick career in graphic design i did switch to retail management and now β€œget to be a cashier” whenever i feel like it.Β 
  • @third2022 we spent almost 8 months in the car shopping arena. The first few months was test driving every option and narrowing it down to the final choice. After that was made we partnered with a salesperson and for 5 months we were in constant contact; always being told what arrived on lot, color and trim levels (even though she knew what we wanted she always shared in case we would bend). It took forever it felt like for dream car to arrive and when it did we were ok lot as it was being delivered. Point is, act now if you want something because it’s not going to improve time or inventory wise + prices will increase and you will not have wiggle room.Β 
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited November 2021
    @And846 woah your delivery wait time was reduced that much? Where did you get the dresser?? We just ordered a bed and dresser from pbk and they're backordered until March (dresser) and may (bed). But I suppose I wouldn't want any furniture now since we still haven't cleared out her room of junk nor have we painted it πŸ˜‚

Edit tags because I HAD to comment on @skc040512 's owl poop dissection mention🀣 ahhh memories of science class. 
  • @skc040512 I had to laugh at β€œcrayfish” πŸ˜‚ but only bc I’m from Louisiana and they are β€œcrawfish” to us. And are pretty delicious when boiled and shared with friends and a cold drank. πŸ˜‚πŸ¦ž
  • @pajamstagrams i ordered the dresser from Rooms to Go. I can’t deal with another PBK kids order. DDs bed was orders a few months ago and this point and it is JUST now delivering this week.Β 
  • @And846 @pajamstagrams the wait times everyone is experiencing is the reason we just went with a Graco crib from Walmart again. We had a Graco crib for DD and it worked really well. I did not want to deal with extended delivery dates, especially with planning a move.

@MrsLaLaBug it's crayfish up here in Canada too. Crawfish sounds so strange to me lol.

@karisahamdi @And846 I can't believe you have anatomy scans booked... you're almost halfway through! I keep hoping to feel any flutters but nothing really yet.

@third2022 I hope either the slimmer car seats fit or you're able to find a vehicle that works for 3. The dealerships where we live used to have cars parked on the lawns as they had so much inventory, and now they are almost empty. It's crazy.Β 
  • @MrsLaLaBug I actually say β€œcrawfish” but my phone autocorrected to β€œcrayfish” so I left it lol

@pajamstagrams owl pellets are actually like the owl version of hair balls! Owls can’t digest a lot of what they eat (bones, twigs, etc) and it gets spit up. Not that it makes it any better. Especially since I threw up suctioning the snot out of DD2 nose yesterday πŸ™„
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:Β  EDD 5/9 - 17w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th/5thTM

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 6th chiro, Dec 15th Midwife, Dec 28 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: I feel about 30 weeks pregnant instead of 17. I'm carrying these babies super low and it's making me so uncomfortable already.Β 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I've started feeling the babies moving a lot more consistently. Rant: my mom keeps sending me text messages with lists of baby names. They're all terrible.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? My answer was always the same: a mom. So here I am living the dreamΒ  :p
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13Β 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15 weeks 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: I went yesterday to the OB and heard the heartbeat. After no appointments for a month and no movement it was nice to know there is still a little person in there!

I go next week to the MFM for an anatomy scan. Seems super early to me but they like to have one done between 16-18 weeks. I’m excited for the ultrasound though!

How are you feeling?: Really good finally! Β I hope
    it lasts. There are still moments of not so great and nausea but I can handle it now!

Rants/Raves: Rave - I just purchased a bassinet so the fact that I let myself get something was huge! Β I am always super paranoid but it was too good to pass up.Β 

Rant: I’m already starting to have trouble being comfortable and sleeping through the night. I don’t remember this happening so early the first time!!

Questions: noneΒ 

GTKY: Β I never knew. Still really don’t and I’m in my 30s lol.Β 

• @fireflyz_56 It is totally crazy! All the dealerships only have used cars available and the ones that are good go as soon as they show up on the lot!Β Β 

@And846 Ugh that is what I'm afraid of.Β  I'm not even sure what we need!Β  With 3 kids 5 and under I feel like putting one in a 3rd row all the time is going to be a pain.Β  Neither can buckle/unbuckle themselves yet and 3 across is complicated regardless of the car but then as they get older, 3 across they are going to fight more and be so squished.Β  If we can do 3 across in our car we might just keep it for now until we decide if we need a minivan or a 3 row car.Β  My oldest will be 5.5 when baby comes but I don't think she is anywhere near ready for a booster seat.Β  She is still harnessed.Β  The third row seems like it would be best used for kids already in boosters.Β Β 

@skc040512 Thats good to know.Β  I ordered the carseats yesterday with the cyber monday deal and they actually had them so I am going to pick them up at walmart tomorrow.Β  Would go today but I have both kids home from school awaiting COVID results for their runny nose.

• @skc040512 omg you're right πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ clearly I've retained a lot of knowledge, but damn it, I know that chlorophyll is in chloroplasts. πŸ˜‚

@laketide re: discomfort and not sleeping thru the night: definitely started way earlier for me. I remember this being a 3rd tri thing, not 2nd!!
  • @third2022 We are stressing about the car seat situation too. I drive a mini-van but will have 5 in boosters/carseats at the same time. We will need a backless booster, high back booster and convertible seat 3 across in the back. I have no clue how we are going to make it work tbh. I'm very anal about car seat safety as well. Stay tuned I guess! It's cheaper to buy new carseats than a new car after all.
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13Β 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • @jackdetroit. I'm picking up graco truefit 3 lx tomorrow. They are supposed to be the narrowest seats available. I'll let you know how they install and seem to me. We have britax and nuna seats now with clicktight.Β  They are 16.7" wide.Β Β 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5-11/16+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:12/28

How are you feeling?:not bad overall.

Rants/Raves: got to hear the heartbeat today which is always nice and scheduled the anatomy scan for end of December.

Questions: not right now.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Professional soccer player ⚽️
  • @jackdetroit
    So I'm not convinced the truefits are going to work in my car but they would definitely fit 3 across in a minivan with room to spare.Β  We have a tiny SUV - hyundai tuscon.Β  Without the handle from the infant seat it would be more likely.
  • @third2022 Ohh good to know. Thank you! I think those would work for my younger two, then a low profile backless booster for my son.Β 
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13Β 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • @jackdetroit for a backless booster I was recently looking into the most narrow and went with the Cosco Rise. My dd’s only complaint is that it doesn’t have cup holders :D Β 
  • @jackdetroit
    I think they may still be on sale at walmart right now.Β  Thats where I ordered them from and now have to return them :facepalm:Β  They are 17" wide.Β  I might have been able to do 3 of those across, but I definitely can't do 2 and anΒ infant seat and it is so deep front to back at the newborn recline that I can't fit it in the car.Β Β 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7 17w 4D

Upcoming Appointments: Had regular OB today, endo on 12/29 and anatomy on 12/30

How are you feeling?: SO tired like this level of exhaustion rivals first trimester.

Rants/Raves: rave felt little bean twice today and I know for sure it was the baby there was no questioning it this time.Β 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Oh man, a nicu nurse, and now a mortician. The tables really turned there Β 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Β  Β Β Β 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 15w2d

Upcoming Appointments: Not until anatomy scan later this monthΒ 

How are you feeling?: The nausea is getting better, and my energy is getting better too. Yay!

Rants/Raves: My bleeding from the subchorionic hemorrhages seems to have stopped for nowΒ 

Questions: None at the momentΒ 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? An Olympic gymnast, currently I’m a medical assistantΒ 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17, 16+2
    Upcoming Appointments: midwife yesterday, then again at the end of the month after my anatomy scan on the 24th
    How are you feeling?: Im doing well! Told some more family so that's good. Appt yesterday was great, got to hear the heartbeat which is always nice. Feeling a bit more energy, no more nausea.Β 
    Rants/Raves: natm
    Questions: I have a consult with my ob in January about vbac vs repeat c-section - anyone interested in a thread about that? I'd love to hear from folks on if their c-section recovery was better second time around, or if they tried for a vbac how they made that decision.
    GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Reporter, then actor. I still work in theatre but as a dramaturg and director. I also run a family business with my husband.Β 
  • @jandawg def start a thread about it! I’d be interested to hear also, as this is my 3rd and I’ve had one of each type of birth.Β 
  • @jandawg I would love a thread about that also. My first was a c-section and I’ve talked to my OB about a VBAC this week.Β