Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage at 11weeks 4days

Hi,

Is it possible to know the reason for Miscarriage of 12weeks 4 days misscarrage?

Can you refer me some lab test which can test the fetus and diagnose what was issue?
My wife had 5 recurring messages but no known reason always docs says that everything is ok and suddenly without any symptoms when we go for scan docs says it is finished. Today told by doc that we again have misscarrage. I want to know reason. Is there any test that can diagnose issue for misscarrage after checkin baby/fetus?

Regards,
Salahuddin.

Re: Miscarriage at 11weeks 4days

• @msalahuddin You would need to call your doctor ASAP.  They can usually send the fetal material for testing and diagnosis.  

After that, you want to reach out to a Reproduction Endocrinologist and get a Recurrent Loss Panel set of testing.  There are a ton of tests in that panel, including blood work, sperm analysis, and then looking at the woman's eggs and uterus size/shape, etc.  

I DO recommend the testing; however, please keep in mind that around 50% of those with recurrent pregnancy loss never get an explanation.  I, unfortunately, am one of them.  I've also had 5 miscarriages and did all of the tests and have 'unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss.'  However, I still recommend them, because if you're in the other 50% you would have a reason and may be able to do something to have a healthy baby the next time!

Good luck and I am sorry for all of your losses.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.