Weekly check in w/o 11/22

@fireflyz56  reminded me about this!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? 

Re: Weekly check in w/o 11/22

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    16w5d
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM+
    Upcoming Appointments:
    None until December 3rd
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good! I had a ton of energy this morning, and I'm feeling the little dude a LOT more this week!
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave - I'm really excited to host Thanksgiving this year. First time in over 4 years that I've been able to! It's going to be cooking intensive tomorrow, but it will all be worth it!
    Questions: 
    None
    Gatlinburg, TN. I LOVE being in the mountains, especially in the fall and winter. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7…I don’t even know what week/day I am on 😂

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th time mom

Upcoming Appointments: none until December

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Gaining slightly more energy (but still passing out if I sit still long enough) and pretty much over the nausea now

Rants/Raves: rave: I’m finally getting over the cold I’ve had for the past week and a half. Pretty sure it was RSV and it suckssss. 

Rant: DH was supposed to take the afternoon off to help me get some stuff done around the house. Then at 11:50, got scheduled for a meeting at 3:30 on the day before thanksgiving 🙄🙄 it literally has no value for him but there has to be someone from his team on the call and it’s just him and his boss today and his boss was already booked. Lame

Questions: none 

For scenery, Nepal. We saw some of the most gorgeous Mountain View’s ever and it was simply stunning (the cities, not so much but anything going into the Himalayas was gorgeous). As far as fun things to do, Poland is probably my favorite. Non international travel: Appalachian mountains for sure
  • Loading the player...
    May 28th, 13 weeks and 4 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: Next one is beginning of december

How are you feeling?: Better, I have the energy to do stuff again! I still crash around 9pm but I’ll take it.

Rants/Raves:

Rave: I got my results back from the NT scan and everything looks great. It’s a big relief.

Questions: None

The rocky mountains in British Columbia. ❤️
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: second

Upcoming Appointments: dec 

How are you feeling?: actually really good. I am HUNGRY again. And can stomach most things! Nausea and headaches seem to have subsided. I am just so tired all of the sudden. By 3pm I’m toast. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I am bumpin’. And I borrowed some maternity leggings from a friend that will work for a while. Rant: I just ordered my THIRD size of Blanqi leggings to try. When they said they run small, they were not kidding. Hoping these fit or else… maybe my body just doesn’t work with this brand. Which is fine, just annoying because everyone raves about it so I had high expectations. 

Questions: 

Hands down- Vegas. Of course I’ve been to more beautiful places, but the trip I had was a girls weekend and it was to die for. We had a blast. 
    May 29 / 13w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM w/our surpise baby girl

Upcoming Appointments:
    had an appt this afternoon, discussed NIPT results and blood labs, which came back perfect!! (I was worried about them bc of my recent surgery) 

How are you feeling?:
    Nausea is subsiding, so that’s a plus! 

Rants/Raves: 
    I’m really tired of pregnancy bloodhound nose. My hair is feeling luxurious from these vitamins! 😂

Tie between Dubai and Japan

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 14w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday for routine OB check 

How are you feeling?: Nausea is getting a little better, but now I have a headache most of the day :(

Rants/Raves: Mashed potatoes and cranberries tomorrow!! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? I haven’t been many places. We went to the central coast of CA for my SILs wedding this summer and that was beautiful 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/21 14 weeks 4 days

Upcoming Appointments: Monday regular OB appt. First one without an ultrasound so not an exciting one

How are you feeling?: really good compared to lately!!

Rants/Raves: I can’t think of a rant right now but I’m glad to be in the second trimester now and starting to feel like myself again!!

Questions: none

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? The Bahamas!!
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 17w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 12/10 for normal
    appt with midwife and 12/15 for anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: I've been so hungry and sleepy this past week, but I think that's due to baby boys growth spurt. I'd also rather be hungry and sleepy over gaggy any day. 

Rants/Raves: I got an amazing pair of maternity jeans (1822 Denim) from StitchFix! They are so comfortable and aren't baggy on my legs, which I've been struggling to find. 

Questions: None!

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? Amsterdam and Paris! DH and I did a trip a couple years ago when we were dating and it was amazing. We had a blast, ate so much good food, and I love the overall vibes of both cities. 
  • @karisahamdi my absolute favorite maternity jeans are 1822! The only ones that are curvy enough for my thighs and also stay up. I've gotten some from stitch fix as well, and at Nordstrom. Just ordered myself a couple more pairs to try! 

@skc040512 OMG I hate when people do last minute meetings before vacation/holidays. I took yesterday off, but I had 2 late afternoon meetings on Tuesday 🙄. 

@brookejay06 I've run into that problem with pants before...tried allll the sizes trying to get them past my thighs, and if by some miracle I do find a pair, then the waist is literally 5 inches too big. Ingrid & Isabel is permanently on my sh*t list because I could even get them on my past my knees, and I don't think they went past an XL (normally I'm a 10/L in most brands)

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15+3, 5/16

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: next week!

How are you feeling?: Going on 2 weeks straight of daily migraines. 🥴 I'm waking up with them, so I'm 99% sure it's due to clinching my teeth overnight. I had one blessed night after my massage without a headache. 

Rants/Raves: rant/rave combo: it's Thanksgiving, and both sides of our family (mine + DH) live within an hour of us, so we're about to start the yearly adventure across the city. It's great to see everyone, but man, I'm tired by the end normally, and now I'm pregnant and tired, so it's going to be a loooong day. My mom gave me permission to chill on the couch so I'll definitely take her up on that lol.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited?  Hmmm I really love Italy (not so much Rome, that city is gross and dirty tbh), especially the Amalfi coast. I also LOVED Ephesus in Turkey. So cool to see everything, including one of the 7 wonders (you know, the pillar that's left). 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5-11/ 16+1

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:30th

How are you feeling?:pregnancy wise fine. I started to feel little movements which got me excited but it is still so sporadic.

Rants/Raves: there’s been quite a bit of stress lately with the holidays, family health issues, and work. I have tried to not let it get to me since it’s not good for anyone but it definitely is hard. On the bright side both sides of the family officially know so after my next appt and everything goes well I’ll start telling my friends and work.

Questions: none right now.

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited?  I feel like I have to go with the Great Wall. It’s just so crazy to think that they built that without modern machinery and (at least parts of it without restoration help) is still standing. It definitely was a once in a lifetime trip and we were able to cross off two disney parks off our list. I still have many places on my bucket list though that I think can take the top spot.
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/17 15w 3d

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday midwife 

How are you feeling?: Way more energy this week thankfully. Although I had a massive migraine all daypnday - not pleasant. 

Rants/Raves: rant: i had to change my schedule around a couple weeks ago and I do not like it. I just feel like the day to day kind of sucks right now. Rave: pickles are delicious

Questions: I think I've felt some flutters on and off, but still not sure if it's gas/digestion. Did you feel baby move earlier second time around?

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? Hard to choose but the one coming to my mind right now is Grenada, Spain. The tapas, the buildings, and the amazing time I had there with friends were pretty incredible. 
  • @jandawg I *think* I'm feeling flutters now (?) and I'm 15.5 wks. It's probably earlier than with DD but I honestly don't remember when I felt anything with her. 
  • @jandawg I def remember feeling the flutters and movement earlier, not by a huge amount or anything, but earlier! I sometimes think I’m already feeling them now but I’m sure it’s just air moving around. I can’t wait though! It’s literally my favorite part of pregnancy. 

• Earlier tonight was my fourth Thanksgiving dinner this week - with just the four of my own family after we finally returned home from other relatives’ celebrations. I feel like I need to eat nothing but salad for the next week LMAO 😂

• @MrsLaLaBug I feel this even though I didn’t have 4 thanksgivings 😆 I’ve eaten enough desserts this week to fill my monthly quota. Probably won’t stop though lol 
  • @jandawg I felt movement sooner with my second! However I had anterior placenta with my first, and regular with my second, so thats probably why. 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM+

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 6th-Chiro, Dec 15th- Midwife, Dec 28th- Anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Meh. I feel way more pregnant than I am and my body is in pain. Still throwing up in the mornings and exhausted all the time.

Rants/Raves: Rant: our Thanksgiving plans got all messed up due to DH's aunt having a Covid exposure so we were all alone that day. Rave: we ordered a new washer/dryer set for our soon to be family of 7 and it's being delivered tomorrow!

Questions: None

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited?: Probably Charleston, SC or Santa Monica, CA!

Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14 weeks now 5/27

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third time

Upcoming Appointments: Mid December 

How are you feeling?: much better in 2nd trimester.  Still tired but nausea is pretty much gone.  Trying to get back to eating more healthy now that I can.  Trying to limit weight gain this pregnancy and hopefully not get GD again so I need to be cautious with my intake.  I get to do the glucose drink at 20 weeks and 28 weeks this time.  

Rants/Raves: Our NIPT test is still not back (almost 2 weeks). we had hoped to tell our family at Thanksgiving but held off because we want to make sure we are low risk.  Our NT scan was normal though.  Just paranoid.

Questions: none :)

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited?  Italy and Sonoma.  

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28/ 14 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday for NPT; so excited to see my little one again

How are you feeling?: Nausea is mostly gone, exhaustion still here but usually resolved with an afternoon nap. Otherwise just feeling hungry and a little extra sore when I work out.

Rants/Raves: I told my extended family about the pregnancy over Thanksgiving and everyone is so excited. Right now, DS is the only child in his generation so this will just be the second baby we've had in our family in quite awhile. 

My biggest rant is that when I had DS we went through a lot of feeding issues. My mom was a le leches league leader when we were kids, so a big proponent of breastfeeding. I was convinced that I was going to breastfeed exclusively. DS lost a lot of weight after leaving the hospital, and with his pediatrician we decided to start supplementing. Soon, he refused to nurse and I had to decide whether I wanted to pump exclusively or feed him formula. For the sake of my mental health and in order to spend as much time with DS, I chose to give him formula. My mom was very supportive during that time, telling me it was ok. I had to do whatever it took to feed my baby. The other day, she made a comment about how it was obvious DS's pediatrician didn't want him to breastfeed. If she had, she would have looked for other solutions, given us a referral for clipping his tongue tie, etc. Anyway, her bringing this up brought up a lot of old feelings for me that I thought I had gotten over. She asked me if I was going to try breastfeeding this baby. I told her of course I would. Sorry, that was a super long rant but choosing to give DS formula was a very difficult decision for me that came with a lot of tears, some therapy, and a lot of feelings of guilt. Why she would bring that up now...I just don't get it. She probably was chatting with her girlfriends, 2 of whom are also expecting grandchildren around the same time I'm due. I told DH about it and he was super supportive of me, basically saying,"how dare she talk like that." Anyway, that hurt.

Questions: none that I can think of

GTKY: Where is your most favorite place you have ever visited? That's tough... Close tie between Israel and Monet's garden in France. Both for very different reasons but I have very fond memories of both 
  • @runninginva sorry that your mom made you feel that way. While I was lucky enough to be able to breastfeed my daughter, I struggled with needing a c-section and understand that not being able to do something that is considered natural or the best can take a big mental toll. It’s still something that will pop up randomly and take me for a loop. I just have to keep reminding myself that I have a happy and healthy child and no matter what way she came into this world. I wish there weren’t stigmas around all these parenting things as parents are already in their head enough.
  • @runninginva my mom wasn’t a proponent for BF (more like not supporting BF at all and telling me to do formula, not understanding why I was trying to BF etc) but I feel this. I really struggled when I finally decided to stop trying to nurse and forced myself to pump for like 8 months of torture because I felt so awful about formula (we always had to supplement) and I’ll see random tiktoks or posts that make me feel crappy about it still. It’s crazy how quickly those feelings come back. I’m really sorry your mom made those comments. You did everything you could for your son and made the right choice ❤️
  • @runninginva @b_1029 When DD was born DH’s family put a lot of pressure on me to feed formula from the very beginning. They thought it was weird and that formula was best. I tried to breastfeed her for a few days but they always made me feel so awkward. I was not able to stand up for myself back then and just gave in to make everyone happy. I still have guilt that I didn’t try harder, but at the same time my formula fed daughter has always been very healthy and happy.

That said, I’m doing things my way this time.
  • @runninginva @b1029 @fireflyz_56 I seriously don't get the "anti-formula" or "anti-breastfeeding" camps. It's all good stuff! I sacrificed a lot to continue to BF/pump because formula wasn't an option (soooo many allergies) and man, it sucked. I would have loved to supplement since my supply drops monthly once my period comes back. 
  • I’ll never understand it either. Why people can’t mind their own damn business and their own lives instead of having to ABSOLUTELY make their stand on something that isn’t about their own kids or their own lives is beyond me!!! 

• The pendulum swings to "only formula!" "Only breastfeeding" are very not helpful, and it's so hard to not only be dealing with whatever the struggles may be plus everyone else's opinions about it!

@addsprinkles521 I can relate to the c-section feelings - my 'birth plan' was just to be flexible to whatever was necessary and I feel like I did that, but I was surprised at the grief I felt anyway about having needed a c-section. I'm sure I'll be dealing with those feelings again throughout this pregnancy. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug, YES!!! Postpartum women already are often dealing with crazy hormones and thereby lots of emotions. Parenting is hard regardless and other people weighing in with their opinions about parenting makes it that much harder. @fireflyz_56, so glad you're doing it your way this time. I'm hoping as a STM, I feel more confident to stand up for what I know is right for myself, my baby, and my family. I think I will since I've been through it before.
  • I’m hoping to EBF again this time, but I’ve also dealt with a baby who refused to latch - she literally would gum at it and then start yelling, one who had such a strong latch that I bled for 4 months until I switched to pumping and formula, and one who refused anything except BF 😂 I’ll be honest - I’m hella picky when it comes to formula and my preferred one is around $45-55 for a 5 day supply (or it was when I looked at it as an option for DS, no idea what it is now), so part of it is finance motivated. That being said, I think formula of any kind is a wonderful option for the families that choose that route. My mom never understood why I wanted to EBF, but at the same time she was like “well they’re your boobs so if that’s what you want, the only person it effects is you”. So not exactly supportive, but at least she didn’t try to get me to switch either 
  • Ugh. Fed is best! I have no strong opinions on either choice, except that it is a CHOICE that families make for various PERSONAL reasons (mental health, supply, comfort, employment, allergies, sharing nighttime wake ups, wants/needs, finances, etc.). The decision one family makes about how, when and where to feed or nap their baby, should be about them and nobody else. Mamas (and families, in general) go through so much when a new baby enters their lives that they don’t need any added bs about the choices they make. As long as decisions are made with love and with everyone’s best interest in mind, you can’t make a bad one. You do you!!
  • I am “commenting to the guy in front of me in line where I’m buying lunch that his food looks really good” weeks pregnant