May 2022 Moms

WTF/Winning Wednesday

Re: WTF/Winning Wednesday

• WTF: I called my mom to ask her what the weather is doing up there for when we travel to her tomorrow for Thanksgiving and it is supposed to go down into the 30’s at night. WTF!!!! This southern gal ain’t cut out for that. 

Winning: I’m getting my hair done today and I can’t wait for a bit of pampering! 

• Wtf- my mom has asked how everyone in the house is feeling except me. How am I always forgotten, I’m pregnant with a cold and freaking miserable! Not to mention hobbling around half the time with this abd pain haha. No one ever cares about me 😐

winning- DD randomly snuggled with me for like 10 min this morning and it was magical! I love when she does that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsLaLaBug yes its been colder lately where I am too! And we had more snow yesterday. -7 celsius this morning which seems to be 19 fahrenheit. Right now its 5 C/ 41 F and it feels nice with the sun shining!

My win today is that I seem to have grown a bump overnight. Like, not oreos bump, but an actual hard, solid baby bump lol.

Also are we still doing the weekly check-ins?
  • Wtf to every single one of my kids. They are all losing their shit this morning. I’m just trying to get the house straight so we can decorate for Christmas this week and everyone is losing their ever loving minds. DS is trying to reattach the umbilical cord today and has been glued to me all morning (but also screaming about it so who knows) DD1&2 are apparently unable to do the chores that they do every damn day without me standing over them and directing them to do every. Single. Step. They keep fighting about everything and now I have a trash bag and am cleaning out their toys that are causing issues 🤷🏻‍♀️ don’t even care at this point - if they’re causing this much drama, they’re gone.

winning - I guess because DH has tomorrow and Friday off, that’s good but tbh there is no winning in this house this morning. I might kill for a margarita right about now lol
  • @MrsLaLaBug I’m starting to think that we have the same life. Just got my hair done last night! 

@skc040512 I feel you!!! The behavior has been atrocious around here lately. It’s exhausting. 

WTF: my 3yo never eats anything….. except he somehow always wants candy and junk food. I want steer him in the right direction but we end up wasting food. Any tips?! 

Winning: I’m so excited we found out it’s a girl!!! I posted in the boy girl thread but had to share here too. I’ll be on cloud nine about that news for awhile 💕
  • @tacosandtums I’m telling you we are pregnancy doppelgänger soulmates or something LOL!!! Yay for a girl!! 💖💖

• Winning: We get a short day at work today! I feel pretty great - I still want a nap as soon as I get home, but I've had a ton of energy this morning. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @tacosandtums I have the same food issues with my kid. I just started scouring the blog of Kids Eat in Color and have found it helpful. She has a meal plan on sale right now. One thing she suggested is cutting food into fun shapes, so I bought the veggie cutter she mentioned. My kid at almost a WHOLE CUCUMBER in one sitting today!!!! All cut into hearts and stars. It’s more work but it’s worth it. She thought it was so fun. 
  • @tacosandtums echoing @brookejay06 with the kids eat in color rec. Yummy toddler food is another good site.
  • @fireflyz_56 yes we are doing weekly check ins...when someone remembers to post it 😂😂 
  • Winning: my mom my brought me poutine on request today
    Wtf: she brought her grandson an ice cream Sunday which became his afternoon snack. 
  • @pajamstagrams I feel like the post whore who is always starting the daily posts 😂😂😂😂
    But really it’s bc when I’m up in the middle of the night bc of the insomnia it’s something to do 😂

• @fireflyz_56 I feel like my bump grew overnight too! This growth spurt was making so so hungry and sleepy lol 

WTF: I was feeling real good yesterday and did too much like I wasn't pregnant. My hips really
    felt it all night last night and today 😭

Winning: I'm back to being able to eat all food again without gagging. I love food so this a huge win right before Thanksgiving. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug I start a lot too haha, no worries, I don't think anyone is complaining 😂. I guess you're one of the few who get up earlier than me! I usually start them when waiting for DD to get her booty out of bed and get dressed. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug and @pajamstagrams, I'm grateful that you guys start the posts. At first I thought maybe you guys were admins... Like how do you know all the themes for each day? Or do you just remember them? You ladies are like the leaders of the pack! 
  • @runninginva lol I've been around the boards before, they generally all work the same since the veterans push for it 😂 

Also I look up the "read this first" post to remember what days we scheduled everything, and then half the time I forget and start them late anyway. But feel free to start something that's missing! 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited November 2021
    @runninginva this is my 3rd BMB so I’m kinda used to the way they all generally work! I really literally sit up in bed sometimes in the middle of the night when I can’t get back to sleep and have nothing else to do but come be a post whore, but I’m not an admin or anything. Just a bored pregnant insomniac who is thankful to have some other ladies to commiserate with! 😂😂😂
    ETA: words

• @pajamstagrams and @MrsLaLaBug, just know we appreciate it! And absolutely with ya on that one @MrsLaLaBug, I'm so grateful to be able to commiserate with all you lovely ladies!