May 2022 Moms

GTKY: Chores!

What is your absolute most hated household chore?

What household chore do you not mind doing?

Re: GTKY: Chores!

• I would say my least favorite chore is actually picking up and putting away everything so that our house cleaner can clean 😂🙈 it's truly the worst part of cleaning, but unfortunately the part you can never delegate/pay someone to do. 

Polishing my mom's silver as a kid is a close second lol 

Honestly I don't mind vacuuming if the floor is already picked up, so I guess that's my favorite 🤷‍♀️
  • My least favorite chore is vacuuming anything that’s not just the floor (stairs, couch since we have all the animals spraying fur everywhere). Also happens to be the one I do 95% of the time 😐 I also hate cleaning the bathroom because I don’t really know how to clean a tub lol. 

I don’t mind doing laundry because it makes me feel productive with little effort. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My least favorite chores are washing dishes, scooping litter box and dog poop(both of those have now been delegated elsewhere, obvi🤣)

I don’t mind washing/folding laundry bc it smells nice and fresh. Putting it all away is a different story though. 🤣

• @MrsLaLaBug ohhhh yes how could I forget about the litterbox, I hate that one too! Nicest part about pregnancy for sure is that I never have to do it! Haha 
  • I would say my least favorite is putting clothes away mostly because my DH does like 5 loads at one time and so I get to put away a mountain of clothes away every time. I don’t mind vacuuming or sweeping. 
  • Dishes. I HATE doing dishes. 
    I don't mind laundry or vacuuming, except that our dogs are massive shedders, especially our Malinois. I would still rather vacuum than do dishes. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Least favorite is definitely laundry. All of it. It’s literally never done unless you do it naked. Just no. Everything about it sucks.

I really don’t mind sweeping, dusting or vacuuming. I feel like it’s so rewarding because you see how much better it looks right away 😅
  • Dishes are by far my least favorite. I can't wait until we can use the dishwasher in our new house 🙌🏼
  • @skc040512 come dust my house and I’ll do your laundry! FFTC I haven’t dusted anything in our house since we moved in (April) unless you can see like a visible layer of dust on a table or something. 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited November 2021
    @DarkSerendipity I have two shepherds so I feel you!! 
    @b_1029 FFTC I haven’t dusted anything since got the BFP.  😂😂😂 I’ve been too tired and annoyed and been making my kids do it. 

• @MrsLaLaBug I love him, but those little (some not-so-little) clouds of blonde "fibers of love" swirling around my floors are annoying! My pocket pittie, thankfully, isn't as much of a shedder like the Maligator is, so she doesn't contribute very much. 
  • Maligator!!! Hahaha love it!! Yeah those fur tumbleweeds are everywhere in our house thanks to the “German Shedders” lol

• I love doing laundry!! I have to be the only one that gets joy out of folding, sorting and washing. I hang dry a lot of our stuff so really what only needs to folded is jammies, lounge and gym clothes. And linens. 

I’ve delegated most of our real house cleaning to a monthly deep clean and then i weekly have to maintain sweeping and vacuuming. 
  • My least favourite is cleaning the bathroom. I probably get the most satisfaction from making the beds first thing in the morning. And I don’t mind laundry either as long as I do one load every other day or so.
  • @MrsLaLaBug I didn't think that term was so accurate until we adopted ours. He was a K9 flunky, he didn't have the high drive or bite for that kind of work, so we're slowly retraining him as a search and rescue dog. But when we first got him, he was a bundle of nerves and teeth - he went through 4 wire crates, (no kidding) a couple dozen toys, and destroyed a whole room due to separation anxiety. THAT was an unfun chore to deal with on the daily - cleaning up his tantrums! Then we rescued our pittie, put them both on CBD, and started his training and that calmed him down a LOT.
  • @DarkSerendipity It’s an amazing breed with the right environment and sounds like y’all are a perfect fit!! 

• I love the end result of cleaning the house but hate having to get there. 

I would say putting away all the laundry is my least favourite (my closet sitch is not great). 

But washing the sheets and putting fresh sheets on the bed is my favourite. 
  • Least favorite: cleaning the bathrooms. It just grosses me out and I feel like it takes forever to clean the bath.

Favorite: folding laundry. I like making it look orderly and it does give me a sense of accomplishment when it's all put away and the drawers are full. 
  • I love picking up the toy room and tidying. Everything has a place and it’s so much nicer when picked up at the end of the day. I also really enjoy pulling weeds weirdly. 

I absolutely hate putting away laundry. I don’t even mind folding it that much, but hanging clothes drives me nuts. I always feel like I have a clean basket of laundry waiting to be put away 🥴
  • I also love making all the beds each morning. It sets the tone for my day.
  • Just coming here to say that this thread has made me realize that the perfect Christmas gift for me would be a deep extensive clean from a maid service. Bc LAWD knows I ain’t gonna be cleaning any blinds or baseboards anytime soon 😂

• @MrsLaLaBug yes, same! I’m thinking of getting someone to come once a month to do a deeper clean once the baby comes. If I can’t keep up at all with the smaller stuff now, there’s absolutely no way!
  • @b_1029 exactly!! And honestly it will be a good investment over here bc we are HOPEFULLY going to be listing this house come January 1 and getting the heck outta here!! So the cleaner and nicer it looks to get it ready the better!! Two birds with one stone is always a winner in my book! 

• And846And846 member
    edited November 2021
    @MrsLaLaBug and @b_1029 we got a cleaning service right before DD was born and they have been with us 3 years now. They come once a month and do all the deep stuff and set me up for a good month of “keeping up”. I don’t have them do laundry though, that’s me thing! 
    Best investment ever. I’d rather have my spare time spent with family than a toilet bowl and we just adjusted funds to cover it. No longer do we go out often so that money we would have spend just got shifted. 

edit: spelling 
  • I would love a deep clean service, even if it was just once. The last people in our house were heavy smokers that never took it outside, so the walls are just coated with that gross residue that just attracts dust like a magnet. Even though I vacuum thoroughly, I feel like it just won't go away. 
  • @MrsLaLaBug and @b_1029 every time I've had a birthday/holiday/whatever and DH asks what I want since we had DS, I say a cleaning service. It's the best coming home to a clean house that I didn't have to do myself. 
  • +1 to cleaning services. We went without for like a year+ and I finally got a new service set up back in May and man, that really helped my mental health. Not only is our house clean, but it forces us to keep decluttering which is always a source of stress for me.