May 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms w/o 11.22

Re: Weekly randoms w/o 11.22

• We had Friendsgiving last night with our best peeps and nevermind the baby, I ate so much I think I had a legit food bump afterwards. 😂

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2021
    Wasn’t sure if I should post here or the question thread but I’m trying to decide if it would be dramatic to go to the OB today. Last night I had fairly moderate pain every time I tried to walk to the point I couldn’t stand up straight/walk without limping (I know I’ve complained about the pain when I get up, but it always goes away) and it lasted from like 5-10 pm. I called the on call OB line and got back a written message saying to rest, take a bath, and take tylonel. The bath didn’t help so I just tylonel and went to bed. I’ve barely moved this morning but I think it feels better minus a few twinges here and there. I sent my OB a message and she said she wouldn’t typically be concerned unless it felt more like contractions or I was leaking fluid but is more than willing to see me. 

Should I go? Would it be stupid? With the holiday week and traveling + not being able to feel her move consistently yet I feel like it’ll give me reassurance, but I also am paranoid I’ll go and she’ll be like yea your muscle is tight or something why did you come lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 if it’s worrying you and going in will give you peace of mind, do it! That’s what our OB’s are for! Trust your gut. 💜💜💜 And if it is something as simple yet as annoying as a muscle issue or RLP/SPD at least you will KNOW! 

• @b_1029 if your OB says you can come in, I would! She might be able to refer you to PT or something or at least provide better direction on how to manage your pain. 
  • I called and the receptionist or whoever was rude AF. Asked if I had seen the message my OB sent saying it was likely fine and then sighed when she had to send a note to the office so they could “overbook my OB” (never mind the fact I said I’d see any provider in the practice). It has been 30 min since I called and the office hasn’t called back. I feel really stupid for calling now and it took me a while to call in the first place. 😐
  • @b_1029 that’s not stupid at all. Peace of mind is worth a lot. Maybe the receptionist is just having a bad day and misdirected their frustrations (not that it should be an excuse but it happens). Hopefully you hear back soon!
  • @b_1029 well sounds like she wins the Twatwaffle Tuesday award to me. What a 🍑. 

• @b_1029 I'm of the mindset it's always better to know than to sit and wonder, so you 100% did the right thing! And like @MrsLaLaBug said that's exactly what OB's are there for. I'm sorry the receptionist was super rude, but in the end, I'm sure you'll feel better just getting some peace of mind. 
  • @b_1029 sounds like the receptionist just wants to be off for thanksgiving already lol (assuming you’re in the US). You definitely did the right thing though if it was worrying you that much! All the stress and traveling for the holidays would not make for a good combo.
  • Thank you all! She definitely was a TW 😆 the triage nurse that called me a bit later was super nice and said since we’re traveling tomorrow, they’d squeeze me in today. So I have an appt tonight and am feeling better about it, especially since the pain is back today (it wasn’t when I initially posted). 

Now I can just stress about the fact both DH and I caught DD’s cold and should we go to thanksgiving, should we even travel, should I wear a mask around my family? There’s always something I tell ya lol 
  • @MrsLaLaBug i saw that and it actually made me feel good to see us further along since some weeks seem to go by so slow. And for a change i no longer curse the world when i see a new bmb now that i  finally in one
  • @And846 awww 🤗🤗🤗 My very first BMB was December 2012 and I can’t tell you how jealous I am of the D’21 board right now. 😂😂😂

• @b_1029 glad you got your peace of mind! 
    💜💜💜

• @b_1029 so happy it's only muscle related and you have peace of mind for over the holidays! 
  • @b_1029 I would have got it checked too!! Peace of mind is so important. Glad you are ok. 
  • Baby is the size of a jalapeño🌶 today and now I really want nachos. 😂😂 

• @b_1029 grrrrr this gets me ragey 🤬 I've dreaded announcing to my family and coworkers because I loathe the attention and comments so much. I've probably mentioned this before on one of the threads, but I can't stand positive or negative attention, so I absolutely get it and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Why is so much focus on our bellies and bodies? You wouldn't say that to a non-pregnant woman, why is it ok to comment now?
  • @b_1029 this is why I hate people. 😡

• @b_1029 I hate that too. When I was pregnant with DD, family and friends were constantly commenting on my body and my bump size - at one point they thought it was “too small” and one friend acted like there must be something horribly wrong with me or my baby. It drove me nuts. No apologies from any of them when I still had a healthy 8 lb baby.

Also the comments from customers and coworkers constantly questioning me why I was still working at 37-39 weeks. Like thanks, but I know what I am capable of, and can and can’t do. Also bills still need to be paid. 😡
  • @fireflyz_56 lol right, working because I have to! I worked up until the end last time and thought DD would come closer to her due date / late but she was 2 weeks early so I was literally doubling over from Contractions writing work an email like sorry bye! Agreed I hate the comments one way or the other. How about just appreciating my body for growing life and leave your comments on size alone 😆
  • @b_1029 I'm starting to get that feeling when it comes to aggressive touching of my barely there bump lol I love when DH touches it I think it's sweet. My mom and sister are aggressive bump touches and talkers and I would prefer maybe one touch per visit with my family. I am the first in my immediate family to be pregnant, so they're excited and it's all positive, but the amount of attention and touching is too much.