Weekly check in w/o 11.15

Whoops I guess we never started it this week 🤦‍♀️

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!)

Re: Weekly check in w/o 11.15

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  5/9 so 15wks 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th & 5th time mom

Upcoming Appointments: I have a 3 week break from appointments so nothing until Dec 6 when I go to the chiro. Then I have a million appointments all the time  :#

How are you feeling?: it varies by day. I'm exhausted everyday and still vomiting in the mornings. 

Rants/Raves: I had to do my first glucose screening yesterday and take my 2 year old along (rant)  but I passed! (Rave)

Questions: Anyone else have painful varicose veins now? Mine are not in my legs and it's my biggest complaint right now.

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!)
    Sewing is my self-care and while I have a sweet setup I just don't have the time or energy to do it as much these days.

Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 16w

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 12/10 for a normal midwife appt and then 12/15 for our anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good! Yesterday I was very gaggy in the morning/early afternoon and I feel it just a little bit again this morning. My energy is way up and I was actually able to help at our reno this week. Thank god for the 2nd-trimester boost.

Rants/Raves: I've been spending waaaaay too much on Starbucks Hot Chocolates. There's one (sorta) on the way to our reno house and I keep treating myself for simply getting out of the house 😬

Questions: Has anyone else done the OSM program? I bought it the other week and hoping it really does help with core and pelvic floor strength. 

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!) I LOVE a good massage!
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    May 1 //  16w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Upcoming Appointments:
    had my 16 week yesterday and little guy looked cozy and content in his water bed. Have to do blood work for the spina bifida this week. Anatomy scan is set for 12/15. How are we at that point?!

How are you feeling?:
    This week good. I finally feel like the hormone withdraw whiplash is gone, there is some energy but i still have moments of queasy at teeth brushing. Now I’ve got sinus pressure from the crazy hot to cold weather we are having. 

Rants/Raves: 
    DD has the daycare crud and home sick. They have 2 classes cloves to Covid and have a stomach bug floating around. Hers looks like a head cold and cough. Hoping we can kick this before thanksgiving. 
    This is my super bowl at work this month, hence, the quietness from me.

Questions: 

oh gosh…one of my favorite things to do is float in the pool with a book during the warmer weather or sit on a restaurant patio with a book and wine. I always feel so refreshed after. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday 💜

How are you feeling?: This week is the best I've felt so far. Started getting nausea relief a few weeks ago, but it was immediately followed by constant intense headaches. Fingers crossed, I've had no headaches so far this week and my energy seems to be increasing!

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: I feel like I spent the whole girst trimester stressed and sick. My stressors are decreasing and I'm feeling much better. I feel like I'm finally starting to enjoy pregnancy. Also, we went on a much needed cruise last week and are feeling very refreshed from vacation. 
    Rant: Work is my main stressor right now. With COVID and working with frequently sick special needs kids, my hours are so inconsistent. Additionally, my boss keeps thinking it's okay to put violent behavior disorder kids on my schedule even though I've expressed I'm not comfortable getting beat up while pregnant. 

Questions: 

Self care.... Yikes... I don't do much self care. I love a warm bath or reading a book in the hamock 😊
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    May 29 12w3d today
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    day before Turkey Day!
    How are you feeling?:
    This is the first week I’ve started to feel slightly better… I’m still having the sight/smell aversions with the gag reflex but not nearly as bad as it has been. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    I can’t WAIT for Thanksgiving!!! GRAVYYYYY 😂😂😂
    I’m pretty religious about having my nails done. I really love nail art and I always have something fun or crazy on my nails to fit the season/holiday/event - and my kids love to pick out my nail theme. Have an appt Thursday for Turkey nails! 😂😂

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11/15+0

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments:11/30

How are you feeling?: not bad overall though my anxiety of making sure LO is ok now that symptoms are subsiding had been through the roof. 

Rants/Raves: vacation is almost over and the work is piling on when I return.

Questions:  not right now.

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!) wish I had time to get a good massage. My back has been out of whack from carrying DD and being preggo.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 12 weeks, 4 days

Upcoming Appointments: I had my NT scan today and everything looks good! Baby was really moving around in there. 

How are you feeling?: My symptoms keep coming and going, but still mild nausea, exhausted. Heartburn has added itself to the list. Also, does anyone else sneeze if they suddenly feel nauseous? My body is so confused haha.

Rants/Raves: My rant today is that no one told me the bloodwork for the NT scan needed to be after the ultrasound. I had booked an appt for the bloodwork around lunchtime and NT scan after work, and only when I arrived for the bloodwork did they tell me this. So I get the joy of standing in the “walk-in” line tomorrow morning for an eternity because everywhere is booked up for the next 5 days.

My rave was seeing little one kicking up a storm during the NT scan. It’s crazy that something can be moving so much inside me and I can’t feel it yet.

We also told DD tonight that she is going to be a big sister. She is so excited!

Questions: No

I’m pretty low key, taking a bath, reading, watching TV or going for a walk.

Also, going solo to the art store or the book store. Yessss, please.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 13w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Routine OB next week

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous in the afternoon/evening but getting better!

TW:

I had a bleeding scare over the weekend. Turns out I have two small subchorionic hemorrhages that caused all the trouble. The spotting finally stopped today!

Rants/Raves: We went to my friend’s daughter’s 4th birthday party tonight. So cute!

Questions: 

I’d love to get back into reading again. I wish I liked baths. That seems to be popular with people but I just can’t get into it 
  • @b_1029 ugh I feel you. Going through a second wave of insomnia right now. Wide wake at 4 am, randomly. Didn't even have to pee. 
  • @pajamstagrams you didn’t even have to pee?! That’s unheard of. And infuriating.
  • @annashaf oh let's be clear, I peed 2 hours prior as per usual 😂😂 but then woke up again for apparently no reason 😩. I actually think I'm waking up because I'm somehow ending up in my back (pretty sure this happened with DD too). I've never been a back sleeper in my life, but while pregnant, I keep subconsciously moving there, and then I think my body wakes me up because I'm starting to get that "elephant on your chest" feeling lying on my back and I'm probably not getting optimal blood flow or something. 
  • @pajamstagrams ugh rude, how dare you body?! 
  • @wiscobabies I’m glad to hear your SCH is clearing up!  I have a small one also about a month ago that gave me a scare. Those things are so annoying but thankfully minor most of the time😊
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7 15w5D

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: December is hot for appointments I have an OB on 12/1 endocrinologist 12/29 and anatomy scan 12/30

How are you feeling?: aside from crying at ALL the things I feel good. 

Rants/Raves: rave I invited my BIL and his family over for Thanksgiving because I knew they wouldn’t come and they confirmed they aren’t coming so I don’t have to pretend to be nice to his wife such a win. 

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!) I’ve gotten into reading lately- genre of choice raunchy romance- just downloaded Obsessed by Ivy Smoak and I CAN NOT wait to start it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16w1d, 5/4

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 16 week AS yesterday (I guess this must be a New York thing because I seem to be the only AMA mom on here with both a 16 week and 20 week AS); 20 week AS on 12/17. 

How are you feeling?: Would love to find that second trimester second wind I got last time. Most nights (except tonight!) I'm asleep on the couch by 7pm. I've started getting up at 5 or 6am just to get things done because it doesn't matter when I wake up, I will always be done by 7pm. 

Rants/Raves: My sister, who is fully vaxxed and boosted, still got COVID. So now she and my parents aren't coming to Thanksgiving, obviously (my parents are staying home as well in solidarity). On the plus side, I don't have to be as worried about her recovery as I would have been this time last year. 

Questions: None

GTKY: what's your favorite form of self care? (Or what do you wish you had time to do!) It used to be knitting, which I've fallen off of. I need to get back into it. So many adorable tiny baby clothes to knit!
  • Sorry for the double post -- I meant to respond to everyone above before I posted!

@jackdetroit I'm glad your glucose test went well!

@karisahamdi What is the OSM program? My pelvic floor could definitely use some strengthening already.

@And846 I'm sorry DD has been sick. I'm glad it doesn't look like Covid at least! 

@nikkimc8 That is really not cool of your boss to keep putting you in that position. Is there any way to escalate if he/she doesn't start listening? 

@laketide We had the opposite problem with girl names last time! We were Team Green and I swear we read through like every single boy name possible and did so many elimination lists before deciding on one. But girl names we quickly had two options picked. Naturally we had a girl so all that hard work on the boy names was pointless, lol (unless we have a boy this time! still debating if we want to stay Team Green or not.)

@DarkSerendipity I love snarky cross stitch! I hope you share some of your projects!

@fireflyz_56 I don't know why they wouldn't let you do the bloodwork pre-NT. My OB did the NIPT bloodwork 3 weeks before my NT so I didn't have any bloodwork at the NT at all. That's really annoying that they didn't tell you what the timing needed to be when you booked the appointments if they were going to be sticklers about it!

@wiscobabies I'm glad the spotting stopped and the SCHs seem to be resolving!

• @Bababatty the full name is One Strong Momma and it's focuses on your pelvic floor, core, and alignment to help make birth and recovery easier. I've done it for about 2 weeks and I do like the exercises and those in the FB group have said it helps, but I always love a real world review! Here's the website: https://onestrongmama.com/
  • @itsagalsworls1024 I just downloaded Obsessed too!   I love Ivy Smoak!!
  • fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited November 2021
    @Bababatty Really? Yes, then I don’t know why they said no. My appts were only 4 hours apart. It all worked out though, I was able to get the bloodwork part done yesterday morning instead.
  • @laketide @itsagalsworls1024 made a quick detour to my Kindle app to check out that book...I'm pretty sure I've  seen this book recommended to me in the past, definitely a similar genre to some of the books I read (alternatively, a huge chunk of my reading is YA clean romance fantasy s well 🙈😂) might add it to my TBR since it's on Kindle unlimited!😜
  • @pajamstagrams if you want the whole story read the hunted series  - obsessed is book 1 from James’s point of view. I’ve read the series like 3 times LOL most of her books are KU highly recommend 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers