July 2022 Moms

High HcG levels

Hi ladies!
My EDD is July 4th. I had a blood test for HcG yesterday at 5weeks 2days and it came back over 16,000 😳😩
I’m super nervous about the possibility of multiples or a molar pregnancy.
Has anyone experienced this? I’m wondering if perhaps I ovulated early in the cycle, as I had a BFP 6 days before my period was due.
My numbers would be normal in the 6 week range but super high for 5.
I go for a second blood test tomorrow and am trying not to stress. My numbers were much lower than this with our 3 year old son.

Re: High HcG levels

• Sorry, I just read the rules of the group and now realize this probably isn’t the appropriate place to post this.
    And now I can’t figure out how to delete my post. Lol.
  • @Chanyrae77 I agree you just have to try not stress and wait and see what the Dr. says. Numbers can lead to different outcomes for different people. *Hug*
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my hcg tested at 5w4d and it was 51,000 my second test was 66,000. My MD told me not to worry, though I am. She assured me that it didn't need to double when it is that high and scheduled me for an ultrasound next week . I will be 7w5d then. The numbers are so confusing and not conclusive it seems. Hope everything goes well for you
  • @edb687  I was just thinking, perhaps when it gets to a certain level the doubling rate starts to slow down? I’m glad to know your doctor is not concerned. 
    My second draw was 29,000. So not a total double. I’m still shocked of how high my level is, even though my doctor assured me the range of normal can really differ. 
    I have an ultrasound in my 7th week as well.
    Thank you for sharing and I hope everything works out well for you too ❤️ 

• @edb687 @Chanyrae77 thank you for posting here… I am a first time mom and don’t know much! Went to the doctor for spotting today (turns out it’s fine) and they took my hcg just in case. At 66k they said they would move up my ultrasound to later this week just in case which kind of freaked me out bc it didn’t really come with an explanation. I’ll go on Wed for a followup to find rate of change. Anyway, I’m 6w4d so based on what you’ve said I’m not going to worry as much. Thank you! 
  • @butcaniskipreggo I had my ultrasound moved up last week (6weeks2days) and all was well. I was dating slightly ahead at 6weeks6days. A few extra days can make all the difference when HcG levels are doubling every 48 hours.  I’ve been having some light pink spotting for over a week but we seen and heard baby’s heartbeat. (And only 1 baby!!! lol)  We have a rambunctious 3 year old boy and the thought of twins had me so nervous 😬 
    All the best to you! I’m sure you will have peace of mind after your ultrasound. Spotting can be so scary but I was assured it isn’t totally uncommon at this stage.