May 2022 Moms

Monday B*tchfest 11/15

Vent away, ladies. 

Re: Monday B*tchfest 11/15

• DH got me sick and now I feel like crap. Came back negative for C and legit think it’s just a cold, but omg it sucks ass. 

Also my kids are hella loud at 6:30 AM. Go back to sleeeeep
  • @skc040512 I think DD gave DH her 2 week long cold, so now he's been sick forever and has the world's most annoying cough. FFMC but I go to bed early to avoid being near him and that cough 😂 (is it really a confession if I told him that though?) I'm going to be so pissed if I eventually get this cold though. Ive had 2 glorious weeks without a cold since the stick turned pink. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m still pissed about DDs bed being delayed. I was a total Karen but found out it’s in Georgia now and no eta on when it arrives to the Florida hub for delivery. Not like me but when i pay money for a service and it exceeds the delivery window….
  • @And846 oh I would get mad too. I understand shipping is delayed everywhere, but still, I would hope companies would be generously padding their shipping estimates by now, because it's been a while...
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited November 2021
    @skc040512 I feel like everyone I know has a cold right now! Feel better! 💜
    @pajamstagrams 🙏🏻 You don’t get it!
    @And846 I totally feel this! 

So I just realized that no one in this house has been scooping the dog poop from the backyard in idk how long. I used to be the one to always do it but I haven’t done it in weeks bc of the aversions/gag reflex. I have 2 German Shepherds so you can only imagine. I lit into DH about it last night and he looked at me like he knew he was guilty but like he was also hoping I wouldn’t notice it. 🤬
    ETA: Guess who was out there scooping poop before he had to go to work. 😜

• @MrsLaLaBug i love German Shepard dogs. That’s our go to if we ever get one. 

@pajamstagrams totally. I know their are delays, i work in retail and deal with it daily. But realistic expectations and communication go a long way. 
  • @And846 I have a white GSD, Ghost, and a Panda GSD, Aegon Targaryen. Yes, we are big GoT nerds. 😂 Best dogs ever! 💜

• @pajamstagrams I also have had approx 2 weeks this pregnancy without a cold… andddddd here it is again!!! What is it this year!?!!! Ugh
  • I forgot to post this on Friday- no flames please. I was already overdue on getting forehead Botox when I found out I was pregnant. Now I am going to have to wait probably a year until I get it again. My forehead is getting more wrinkly by the day. I know this is shallow but I’m very self conscious about the deep grooves on my forehead and having a little Botox made me feel so much better. Thanks for letting me vent 😂
  • And846And846 member
    edited November 2021
    @tacosandtums love me some Botox as well! I stopped getting it when we started to have trouble TTC and I’m now over 18 months without it. I will say that the wrinkles that have come back are not as deep and defined if that makes you feel better.

edit: spelling
  • @skc040512 @brookejay06 Being sick while pregnant is the WORST! I hope you feel better soon!

@pajamstagrams I'd totally move out of the bedroom until he gets better. ;-) I hope he doesn't take you down! I feel like the virus germs must be in your favor since DD only got him sick. 

@tacosandtums I have never done botox but I wouldn't judge you anyway. I just spent an obscene amount on eye cream this weekend, lol. 

@And846 That's frustrating that the furniture is being held up and they've been giving you the run around. You can be understanding to a point, but they really need to be upfront with you, too. 

I don't know what it is about this city and people's love of random illegal fireworks throughout the entire year, but I'm so over it. Hearing random BOOMs going off on non-holidays stresses me out so much. Last night someone sounded like they were putting on a legit professional show, not some little firecrackers. Luckily it never lasts long but seriously. Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy (DH will never let me live down the time I was sleeping and someone set off fireworks in the street. I thought they were gunshots and I army crawled out of our bedroom.  :D)
  • @tacosandtums I have always wanted to try it out! I have a grooved forehead too, have since I was young!! 

• I am so tired. Home alone with a toddler, who doesn't want to get dressed to go outside (it's super gross, I don't want to go out there either). I'm so sick of doing housework, I have other work to do in the slim time my toddler takes a nap. And I am just over it today. 
    Thanks for the place to vent, definitely needed that this morning!
  • @Bababatty ugh I hate the random fireworks too. The only good part is like 15 Nextdoor posts titled gunshots or fireworks and everyone arguing 😆
  • This is a dumb complaint, but I had a girl from
    the gym who has a baking gig on the side make us some gender reveal cupcakes this weekend. We already know it’s a girl but I wanted the cupcakes and we used them to tell DH’s parents. Anyway my complaint is that she posted a pic of the cupcakes on her baking Instagram account and said “congrats, (my first name)!”…I feel like now my secret is out. Not that I really care that much, but dang. I see people from the gym liking it and I’m like…so they know now?! 
  • @b_1029 oh WOW… how would a professional baker not know better??? 😬😬😬 

• @MrsLaLaBug well it’s like her side gig in addition to her full time job, but I agree! Don’t put my name lol. It doesn’t help that I liked it before I saw it 🤦🏼‍♀️ Oh well. I’m not keeping this pregnancy a secret but I’m not advertising it either. 
  • @b_1029 😳😳 I can’t believe that!!  She should know not to post your name on a baby item without permission!  We do embroidery and I just never posted baby items I made until after the baby was born because I was so paranoid about sharing someone else’s news. 
  • I was trying to take a quick nap before my kids get off the bus and my asshat of a neighbor decides it’s the perfect time to mow and weedeat his yard. 🤬

• @b_1029 ugh that's so annoying! I'd be mad if someone posted anything about my pregnancy online just because I'm trying to keep it more private. So I totally get your "not secret but I don't want to advertise" approach.

@MrsLaLaBug the worstttt, and obviously you can't complain because it's done at a reasonable time of day 😂 Nothing gets me bent out of shape more than my sleep being interrupted. 
  • My toddler woke up this morning screaming and I woke up to that plus  a voicemail saying the sonographer for my ultrasound is out sick so they had to cancel my 12 week appointment.  I get it but then they were trying to tell me there were no other appointments available anywhere nearby and none other days this week.  It all worked out and I was able to get seen but I had to drive 45 minutes each way with traffic and pay for parking to go to another location downtown.  The sonographer was apologetic about the scheduling problems but I am going to request to go to the hospital for any future scans instead.  My midwife had ordered a stat 8 week ultrasound and they couldn't accomodate it for a few days which is ridiculous in my opinion.  They are clearly short staffed and there scheduling team is a PIA. I just can't deal with their crap again.
  • @third2022 that is the annoying type of stuff I have no patience for anymore!! Glad you were able to get in. 

@MrsLaLaBug that is so sad. RIP a missed nap opportunity 😰
  • @b_1029 I would be very annoyed! I wouldn't want someone announcing anything to any group before I did. I was annoyed when a couple of my friends posted the gender from our reveal before I made my post. 

@MrsLaLaBug having neighbors so close again is one thing I'm not looking forward to when we move into our house. 

@third2022 ugh, I don't have the patience for that either! Our US place is so short-staffed that you end up waiting an extra 45 minutes to an hour if you don't have one of the first appts that morning. It is beyond frustrating to sit there that long and wait!
  • @karisahamdi. Ugh that is frustrating too!  I requested my next appointments be at the hospital so that hopefully it won't happen again.  I just can't deal with their scheduling staff again and I already know I have to have at least  2 more scans at 20 and 36 weeks.  

• Waaaaaiiittting for a loaner vehicle so that mine can go in for some major repairs… my appointment was last Thursday but they haven’t had a vehicle for me to drive 😩 the worst part is that they suck at keeping me updated (they say they’ll call whether they have a car for me or not, just to keep me in the loop but they never do) so every other day I’m calling to find out what’s going on. I need to get groceries but I keep waiting to hear something so I only have to make one trip. I live 20 miles out of town so it’d be nice to have a plan.