Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Fri-YAY 11/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Fri-YAY 11/12

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: BFN this morning, now WFAF

R/R: rave - Wine Tasting Friday (the reason I tested today) - hubby and I have been doing a wine tasting Friday at home since quarantine first started back in 2020.  We take turns buying two different wines and the other one guesses what they are, it's my week to guess.

CS/Q: none
  • @kopp5988 I’m sorry for the BFN but I love your wine tasting Fridays!! That’s so fun!

Month/Cycle: 36/38

CD/DPO: 22/8

Timing: EOD + IUI on O day 

Typical LP length: progesterone

Testing: I don’t really want to but if I start SS or getting my hopes up then I might. So far only pessimism though. 

R/R: It’s Friday! My week was so productive! I started out with 39 things on my to do list and am down to 24. Usually my to do list grows instead of shrinks. I should be able to make a good dent next week too so I felt good about taking the day off today. We have no real plans this weekend which is exciting and I think we are having a fire tonight! Have a great weekend everyone!

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @kopp5988 That sounds like such a fun thing to do! I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: "good"

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: one BFN after the next.. 

R/R: There is supposed to be some heavy wind and rain today, which is making us nervous because our yard is still a disaster from the last storm. The tree guy hasn't been able to come out yet, and the fence guy can't do anything until the tree guy comes so were stuck waiting. We also haven't heard back from insurance on if our stuff was approved. I am just hoping it's not too bad and that today doesn't bring more damage. 

CS/Q:

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• jellie603jellie603 member
    edited November 2021

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 9/25

Timing: Good I think

Typical LP length: Unknown

Testing: I caved - BFN this morning but it is only 9DPO

R/R: I've been SS like crazy the last couple of days and I don't like it haha.
    I usually have a show on in the background while I'm at work. Lately I have been watching the older show Wife Swap...do you guys remember that show? I would definitely classify it as a trashy TV, but I can't look away!

CS/Q:

ETA: oops forgot the tags!
    @kopp5988 oooo enjoy your wine night! That sounds like a fun little tradition. We do something similar with craft beer, just not every week.
    @bows22 there is no greater feeling than seeing those tasks fall off your to-do list, nice job!
    @tessiesmom26 oh man, we have similar weather here today. I hope that there is no further damage, you have seen enough!

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited November 2021
    @kopp5988 i'm sorry for the BFN, but this date night tradition sounds like so much fun!
    @bows22 enjoy that day off!
    @tessiesmom26 fingers crossed on insurance stuff, i know it's stressful - i own an insurance agency
    @jellie603 trashy tv is the best while working - i wfh yesterday and got caught up on bachelorette

Month/Cycle: 12/3 AL

CD/DPO: 20

Timing:  maybe ok?

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: not anytime soon

R/R: went to a concert last night in DC, one of my favorite bands. was just so amazing for all of the energy of live music, felt so good to have upper level seats (bc i'm old) but also know that the roughly 5000 ppl in the venue are all required to be fully vaxed and wear masks. really miss doing normal things like that.

CS/Q: new to the whole temping thing... i know that normally temp shifts downward bc AF is coming... but would it do that this many days in advance? prob should do some more reading on the temp stuff since i'm in this space now.

eta spoiler for chart

• @bows22 enjoy your fire tonight and nice job on making good progress on that to do list. Mine also typically grows instead of shrinks. Too much to do too little time!

@tessiesmom26 I hope you don’t have anymore damage, fingers crossed for you 

@jellie603 trashy tv is the greatest, especially when used to make work more enjoyable or when paired with booze haha

@anniemarie887 wow that definitely gives peace of mind to know everyone had to be vaccinated and masked up, and glad you enjoyed yourself. My hubby works in DC and his job has absolutely zero mask or vaccination rule unfortunately.
  • @tessiesmom26 I hope the storm went easy on you!

@jellie603 I never watched that but I love trashy TV!! good luck this weekend if you keep testing!

@anniemarie887 have you considered using the fertility friend app so that I can properly stalk your chart? I can’t even tell what I’m looking at haha 
    edited November 2021
    @bows22 haha love the honesty. That the chart in the Ava app… let me go investigate FF

eta: ok, obvs not a load of temps and started mid cycle… but I plugged in to FF

• *lurking from IVF prep* @anniemarie887 i'm with @bows22! I opened your chart for a good stalking and was like ...what is even happening here. Generally, though, if your LP BBT drops down below your pre-O average and hangs out there for more than a day, that's unusual. how many days past O are you? your update says 20, which I take as your CD for this month.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @anniemarie887: The TL/DR is that FF will probably not be able to make sense of the ava bracelet's data.
    Long version: I just spent a second snooping around the ava site, and it appears the bracelet uses an average of your skin temperature overnight, which is a different kind of data than your oral or vaginal temp first thing in the morning. looking at the ava site (https://www.avawomen.com/science-technology) they even have an image of a chart which shows skin temp dipping mid-luteal phase, before rising again just before the end of the cycle. I'm not sure if that's supposed to represent a "normal" pattern or not, but if it is, your dip seems to fit that curve. it does also seem to suggest that skin temperature is more prone to fluctuation than an oral or vaginal temp, so you could just be looking at "noise" in your data. Regardless, FF expects you to be inputting either oral or vaginal temps, and your temps are gonna seem weird to it.
    if you think you O'ed around cd 14 or 15, you're right on track in this window for the secondary wave of estrogen that many women experience a week or so out from O date. It often manifests in the form of a transient low temp or two (albeit usually not as low as FP temps). This dip is often misleadingly referred to as an "implantation dip," a concept I have ranted about elsewhere on this forum in recent weeks. The basic idea: some women who get pregnant have a "dip" in their cycle temps a week or so out from their O date, and believe it corresponds to the implantation date. But since so many non-pregnant women also get it, it is not a good gauge of anything.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
    edited November 2021
    @optimistgardener thanks for all of that! I appreciate you taking the time to explain. FF does allow you to indicate you’re getting your temp from a wearable. And on the Ava fb page a very large amount of the women are also using FF. 

Edit for YOUR YOURE gah. And drop was only for one day, temp is back to climbing 🤷🏻‍♀️ If O is right, dip was 6 DPO