May 2022 Moms

UO/Thankful Thursday 11/11

Unpopular opinions and thankful posts go here :smile:

Re: UO/Thankful Thursday 11/11

• Hellooooo where is everyone?!?!?
    UO: not a fan of posting a pic of kids post-v@x on social media 
    TT: feeling leaps and bounds better this week!! It’s an incredible feeling not to throw up in my car lol 
  • @tacosandtums it’s rainy here and I’m exhausted, no energy to participate 😴 I agree with the kids post V pictures but I kind of hate everyone’s pictures of it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tacosandtums tbh I hate all of the V pictures or voting pictures or anything that is humble bragging about how awesome I am
  • @tacosandtums agree 💯 with the pics

UO: never seen Yellowstone, don’t really plan to
    TT: cool weather is coming for us this weekend and DH is making me some gumbo!!

• @MrsLaLaBug I've seen buzz about that show seemingly out of nowhere! I was shocked to see it had 3 seasons already. I guess I've been living under a rock the past couple of years 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am very thankful for Sea Salt Brownie Petites from Trader Joes. 
  • +1 on the pics. I don't get it 🤷‍♀️ 

@MrsLaLaBug we had leftover gumbo this week 😋 perfect for cooler weather! 
  • UO: i love dst for the first few weeks then I’m over it.

TT: I’m off tomorrow a d planning my food shopping, getting some maternity jeans and many a pedi 
  • UO: shrimp is disgusting. You’re basically eating the cockroach of the sea. 

TT: DH had today off work and we had so much fun! We took the kids to the airport park to watch planes take off and land, ordered seeds for our garden, had a picnic in the backyard for lunch, browsed Christmas decorations, and had a bonfire at dinner. 2 of our neighbors came over (which meant we ended up having 8 kids and a dog running through our backyard lol). It was just a really fun day and a nice break from all the hecticness.
  • UO: I can't stand the smell of bacon. That's not just pregnancy. Actually, I've always felt that way except when I was pregnant with DS. (Sorry, @skc040512, your UO about food made me think of that one.) 

TT: I had a doctor's appointment today and everything looks/sounds good. It was a pretty short, uneventful appointment, but I think that's a good thing. Baby's heartbeat was strong, and I was able to get my flu shot. We also went ahead and told DS. He's very confused and asked me to open my belly so he could see the baby, but all in all he seems excited. He also asked me if Costco was open tonight so we could go buy diapers. I told my husband this is going to be a long 7 months. Haha
  • I guess my UO here is that I think it’s super important for parents to share about their choice to get their kids vaccinated to inspire confidence in vaccine hesitant parents. I don’t think it’s meant to be exploitative in the majority of cases and could actually open doors to more productive and informative conversations. I see the pictures as celebratory and as if I can actually feel the relief of the parents who are finally able to do something they feel is very meaningful to protect their child. 
  • UO: I guess Taylor Swift released an album or something this week? Anyway, I'm not a TS fan 🤷‍♀️ don't get the appeal. Sure, some of her songs are catchy, and I actually like a few covers that rock bands did of her songs, but overall, big nope from me 👎
  • @pajamstagrams I think she did bc I heard the morning show on the radio talking about her. I’m so out of touch with all the “today” music… I’m forever stuck in my 90’s and 2000’s playlists LOL!