May 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms (w/o 11/8)

Re: Weekly randoms (w/o 11/8)

• Felt like I lost an hour as DD was up bright and early and in rare form all day because of the change. We will see how this week goes as we are going to the east coast for vacation so will be back in the same schedule before all of this.
  • I’m making gingersnaps this morning, because… holiday baking?  :D Even though these will be long gone before any holidays… 
  • Loading the player...
  • @happynapper um well that sounds delicious. I decided over the week that we'd make gingerbread houses with DD this year, and maybe do *all* the holiday baking as well. Ask me again in a month if that's still the case 😂😂
  • My kids did great yesterday with the time change. Today…not so much. I always forget that it’s the Monday that sucks the worst for us!
  • I forgot to change my alarm clock yesterday, so I was up and at 'em at 5:55am, wondering why DH was not similarly freaking out that we were behind schedule and DD would be late to daycare.  :D
  • @b_1029 oh no!! They should definitely warn you of that when you order. Congrats on having another girl though 💞
  • @karisahamdi my friend did it and she said she had to click on an envelope in her results email, so that’s what I was expecting! I would’ve been tempted to look but I would’ve waited! Oh well! I’m just happy I was on the phone with DH when it happened. 
  • This is truly a random thought and completely NBR...but...for those who work with international colleagues...anyone else get a kick out of out of office replies? Or, rather, get mildly depressed? Everyone here in the US is like "I'm OOO but available by cell if needed and occasionally check email", and everyone in Europe is like "I'm OOO, I will not check emails and will not be accessible by phone."

Is this just where I work?? 😂 It's been interesting seeing how work cultures vastly differ by country. 
  • I don't usually work with anyone on our international side, but I've been inspired by memes about this to generally make myself inaccessible on PTO days even though I'm in the US (it does help that my boss is supportive of this). If there's truly something big going on that I need to monitor, then I will, but otherwise, you can wait until I'm back online. 
  • @pajamstagrams yesss. I work for a France based company and everyone takes off the entire month of August 🥲
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited November 2021
    @tacosandtums yes! The amount of 2-3 week vacations I see all the UK people doing are insane! And they're completely unavailable too. When I've taken 2 week vacations, I have had to plan well in advance, ensure someone can cover my daily responsibilities if need be, etc. Thankfully for most vacations my bosses have always told me "don't bring your laptop!!". (Doesn't mean I listen 🙈) But it's the Christmas/Thanksgiving ones where *everyone* is off where you do have to state whether you're available in an emergency.

@Bababatty I convinced myself not to bring my laptop on my trip in August, so I consider that a win (see above 😂) since I'm on global teams and regularly see it all, it's been a good influence on me. They also just randomly take mental health days too. 
  • I panicked the other day and scheduled some family fall pics at the last minute with our wedding photographer, for this afternoon. Honestly TBD if they’re even going to happen because the weather is supposed to suck, but I just panic bought all this stuff at Target and could use some insight on what looks good. DH is wearing a light-ish gray sweater and jeans. Ignore the unmade bed. The orange dress for me is ok shape wise but I feel like everything out in stores right now is just a drape. I mainly bought it since it gives a lot more options for DD. 

• @b_1029 I like the color pallette on the left better. I think the maroon ish floral dress (at least that's what I see lol) and the brownish or the burnt/rusty yellow toddler dress would work, but maybe the brown is better with light gray on DH? The green ish dress might also work with your maroon one. 
  • @pajamstagrams I definitely like the purple floral better on me. It’s a maternity dress which I don’t fully need right now, but it doesn’t scream maternity either. My current choice is that brownish jumper for DD but I’m unsure on shoes. I wanted to put her in her adorable little boots but the colors together are kind of eh. I am not good at this, especially at the last minute!
  • @b_1029 I'm the worst at this too. We have pics on Sunday and I'm hoping DD's shoe order comes in before because her boots are probably a full size too small 🤦‍♀️ I'm in a maternity dress, which I definitely need since I'm bloated and constipated AF, especially in the afternoon 😂, but I'm hoping it's not too baggy on me. Or doesn't scream *maternity*.

I think DH is going to end up in the same sweater as last year 🤷‍♀️ oh well. 
  • @pajamstagrams DH is 100% wearing the same outfit as last year 😆 my creativity only spans so far 
  • @b_1029 I also like the options on left better!! 

• @pajamstagrams DH used to be the guy who worked on vacation (he wrote a contract in the hospital an hour after I gave birth to DD1 🙄). Now, he will check his messages but unless it’s something that affects his commission, he pretends like it doesn’t exist 😂.
  • @b_1029 I like the combo on the left, too! Now you're inspiring me to try to find a photographer for next Thursday, which is literally the only day we'd probably be able to do family photos at this point (I'm so bad at organizing this and we haven't done anything professional since DD's newborn shoot  :#). DD's daycare is closed for "parent-teacher conferences" (yes, she is only 2) that day so we're all home anyway.

@pajamstagrams NICE! I think I went on Christmas vacation last year without my laptop and it was lovely. I hope that the growth of global companies will have a positive influence on American work culture. I'd really like other countries' massive pile of vacation time, too. ;-) 

@skc040512 OMG to your husband writing a contract right after DD's birth. This is how you know he wasn't the one giving birth; I tried to write a letter to my boss announcing DD's birth 3 days after she was born and it took me like 30 minutes because I was so out of it. 
  • Omggggg my NIPT email just came back and DH and I promised each other we’d look together… and of course now he has an emergency meeting at 1pm!!! Omg this is going to be agony…

• @Bababatty I’m terrible at it and these are super last minute! I saw all the local photographers I follow did fall sessions this past weekend but DH was out of town. Then they started posting previews and I was like wait, I want pictures! I texted our wedding /newborn photographer yesterday and she said she could fit us in today. So we’ll see! Need the weather to cooperate first haha. I told DH I’d love to get professional pics every year but we’ll see how long it lasts. My SIL took a few of us last year but in general we never get any pictures of the 3 of us. 
  • @b_1029 all those options are so cute!!! I’m seriously so incredibly impressed you booked photos and shopped for outfits this early on. Hope they turn out great!
  • @tacosandtums I had just bought the plum dress over the weekend for a Sunday afternoon wedding we have in a couple weeks, then the rest were panic buys this morning at target! I’m happy I ended up going because I was trying to do a drive up order last night, and the app basically said there were no dresses for DD. Definitely not the case! 
  • @b_1029 Our newborn photographer left the city during the pandemic. :s I really liked his work so part of my issue is that I'm too lazy to vet a new one. ;-)  Fingers crossed the weather works for you today! 
  • @b_1029
      I like the option on the left.  It is so cute!  I have the hardest time with outfits for family photos.  My 4 yr old refuses to be in pictures now so we didn't bother booking any this year.  Will hope my mom or MIL can sneak a good one of us this fall.
  • @b_1029 omg sooo cute!! I’m jealous of all your pretty fall foliage!! We never have like a real “fall” here LOL 😂

• @b_1029 CUTE! I'm glad you were able to get a few pics at least!
  • @b_1029 love the family outfit options! 
  • @tacosandtums it’s amazing what life after diapers is like. And now we are like…back to diapers!
  • PSA: start your nursery/bedroom planning NOW. Furniture is taking *forever* to come in... currently looking at big girl beds for DD and delivery dates are looking like May/June for what we wanted 😳 
  • @pajamstagrams good call. I had a feeling it might be that way. 

• Ditto on the big girl furniture! We are having such a hard time getting DD’s new bed delivered