Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 10/28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: TWW Thursday 10/28

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: -1, O

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: Saturday?

R/R: It's Thursday and I'm half-way through my day. Almost the weekend! I can feel it! In other news, TW for death in spoiler.

I've been away just now because my cat died on Tuesday night. He was 18 and just the best dude and I've spent basically my entire adulthood with him. He went downhill quickly and I ended up at the after hours emergency vet and it was his time. I spent all day yesterday an absolute wreck but I'm feeling more human again today. I've been preparing myself for it for the last year so it wasn't a shock but it is still very very sad. <3

CS/Q: FF is pissing me off. I've decided to go with a CD13 O when FF said CD12. Well, when I go with CD12 FF tells me I have a 'possible triphasic chart' but if I go with 13 it says 'triphasic pattern not detected at this time.' (This happened yesterday so it's not that I just need one more high temp to have it say that for the CD13 date). Oh, eff off, FF. I know I need to just stop looking at FF and either POAS or stop analyzing my chart. AF is due tomorrow or Saturday so I should be out of my misery soon.
  • @Paturkey omg RIP kitty 😭. My cat turned 9 this year and have had her for almost 6 years. I know I'm going to be an absolute wreck when she dies. She's the best cat 🥺. I keep thinking her time will be soon but that's because my only reference for cat lifespan was my sister's who died when she was about 10. So I still don't seem to recognize that my cat could have another 9+ years with me. 

Month/Cycle: 12 AL

CD/DPO: 22/5 or 6?

Timing: really not sure, okay-ish?

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: probably Sunday

R/R: Today is my Friday woo! Still confused AF about my chart and ovulation. Still knocking my head against the wall over insurance and this pre-determination crap for the genetic tests. I think we'll finally be okay. When I talked to insurance yesterday I asked for the fax number my clinic should be sending the info to. Maybe the MA wasn't using the right fax number or something and that's why they would always tell me they didn't have anything on file. The MA said she'd get that over to them today so I will give them a call later and confirm they have it on file. Tomorrow while I'm off is going to be a major laundry day. DH has FIVE laundry baskets sitting in our laundry room full of his clothes that have been washed. The same clothes that have been sitting there for MONTHS. So I'm going to re-wash it all and hang it too because he can't bother putting in that effort *eye roll*. Labors of love *sigh*

CS/Q: Let me know what you guys think lol. It's certainly looking like the beginning of a tri-phasic chart

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @Paturkey i'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. these things are always so hard. animals are the best little buddies and having to make decisions about end-of-life stuff can be awful. I still get occasional visitations in my dreams from all of my past animals. I hope your cat dude will come say hi on occasion as well.
    Spoilering for being a debbie downer about charts. Skip if you're in positive vibes only mode.
    As for FF's triphasic stuff, i've had a lot of triphasic charts in my day and they all have been BFNs. what I mean to say here is: FF is in this game to play with your hopes and keep you returning to them every morning with more data in hopes that they'll reveal something magical earlier than a home test will. Playing with luteal phase data is interesting but the only thing that will matter will be the results of your test when that day comes. I only say this because I've let FF carry me along filled with optimism about my beautiful chart enough times and the letdown is always worse this way. It doesn't help that my luteal phase is always epic and FF routinely gets excited about how my CD1 is "overdue" even when I've been testing negative. Fingers crossed for your positive test on Saturday, no matter how beautiful or ugly your chart!

Month/Cycle: nope

CD/DPO: 19/(7-5?)

Timing: ?

Typical LP length: 15-16 days

Testing: perhaps

R/R: I really really really need to prioritize some housecleaning around here. I'm getting to the point of sticky floors in the kitchen, gritty floors everywhere else, random collections of stuff on all the surfaces. I guess that's my new weekend plan, sigh. // I am considering taking some of my work this morning to a cafe where I can sip at a coffee and maybe... Eat some flaky pastry? That would be nice.

This is maybe more for our healthy habits thread but I've been very bad this past week or so at getting out on my run in the morning. Most mornings I'm so panicked about trying to get things done that I feel like I have to sacrifice my run for other obligations. This morning I'm still panicked but I'm going to put on my running gear anyway and at least go do a short one. I suspect @abjm0325 is putting me to shame these days.

CS/Q: nope but I'm always impressed by how, once I do get my luteal phase bump, I'm capable of some smooooth sailing

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @inthewoods23 Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope your kitty has another 9+ years left! 
    Good luck with the laundry - I would be far less forgiving/helpful than you on that situation! As for your chart, I honestly don't know what to make of it. Sorry I'm not more help.

@optimistgardener Thank you <3 I actually dreamt about him being all chunky and sprightly and young (like 15, lol) on Tuesday night. It was actually nice to see him.

Spoiler for bad attitude  >:)
    Thanks for the well wishes for Saturday and I should have stated more clearly that I'm annoyed with FF bc I let it get in my head. I know better! I've had plenty of charts that are up and down, luteal phase dip? triphasic? It's honestly ridiculous. The *only* thing to do is POAS and I KNOW that, yet I still get sucked in. Argh.
  • @inthewoods23 maybe we could all, like, gather in a hocus pocus b**ches coven or something and ritually burn our insurance paperwork? i really hate them so so much and i'm so sorry you're still waiting for them to respond appropriately to you.
    History
  • @Paturkey I'm so sorry about your cat! I lost a cat when I was around 18, and it was devastating. He was my favorite little buddy. It's amazing how our furry friends make such a home in our hearts.

@inthewoods23 Oh my gosh, insurance is the actual worst. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. But yay for Fridays!

@optimistgardener I vote for the cafe :D But yes, totally understand the grimy house thing. I just did the floors the other day, but I still have this weird desire to just get a bucket and some soap and scrub on my hands and knee. I don't trust our mop apparently lol

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 20/8? 6?

Timing: -2 ??

Typical LP length: I have no idea. lol I'll just stick with 14 for now.

Testing: Probably not.

R/R: Today is my work-Friday. Working from home still, which has been nice because keeping the house clean has been easier considering I can start a load of laundry or tidy a room really quick in between work tasks. MH has been sick for like a week and a half now, so he's zero help around the house lol he mostly makes messes and then leaves them and goes back to the couch. Which I mean, is fine I guess, he is pretty sick, but anyway. Thankful that I'm at home so I can keep it somewhat under control.

CS/Q: Okay, can someone try to help me out with this? I think FF is just making things up. So this morning, when I added my temp, it decided that O was actually at CD14 instead of CD12 cause that random day of fertile CM is confusing it. So I threw that out and it goes back to O on CD12. I'll post both charts here. Any idea what looks more accurate?

• @annanbby and @inthewoods23 yo me too on today being my work friday! party!
    History
  • Feeling left out of the "it's my friday" club!

@paturkey I am sorry about your kitty. I know those feelings all too well. 

@optimistgardener working at a Cafe always sounds like such a good way to spend a work day (or part of it) but I have never actually ventured out to do it!

@inthewoods23 most of our cats growing up lived to be 15-20. Hoping you get to enjoy her for many years to come! Also I am usually the one with 5 baskets of clean laundry in my house!

@annanbby I hope YH feels better soon! I agree about the house cleaning convenience of WFH.

Month/Cycle: 12 

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: meh

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: no plans

R/R: DH Coaches football at the local Jr High and they have a city championship game today! Excited to go watch him yell at kids this afternoon. My clinic has texted me twice to remind me to contact them on CD1 to start prep for IVF, like I am not anxiously awaiting it myself. On the plus side I got the email that insurance approved IVF for me, I knew they would but its nice to have in writing. 

CS/Q: nada
  • @annanbby Thanks for the support about my kitty. You are all being lovely. I took a look at both of your charts and I honestly wouldn't know what to do with that. It looks pretty ambiguous, I'm sorry.

@walkawaynee Thanks <3 That's great news on getting the official insurance approval for IVF! Insurance is the worst and I'm glad you have tangible proof that they agreed, even if you knew they would.
  • @paturkey I am so very sorry for your loss. Poor kitty. It’s so not far that pets don’t live as long as we do. But you must have been a spectacular mama to him, 18 means you gave him an amazing life! ❤️ 

@inthewoods23 et al; is it ff or is it us this month? Why do all of us have wacky charts?! Haha. Ugh that comments about the laundry. I know it’s been brought up before but, literally we are married to the same man. The whole rewarding thing is what bothers me most. I hope he knows you really love him!

@optimistgardener well your chart shaped up nice! Doesn’t your pup help you with the sticky floors? Lol I hope you can find time to clean, but I sympathize with why you haven’t. Cleaning is no fun lol.

@annanbby I hope your husband feels better soon and can promptly start cleaning his own messes again.

@walkawaynee your insurance covers ivf? What kind of unicorn plan do you have?! That’s amazing!! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD/DPO: 20/ ff thinks 7 but I disagree.

Timing: no

Typical LP length: 10/11 days

Testing: no

R/R: I think I might actually judge o by when af comes this cycle 😱 which is crazy to say because lp has been so radical. Yesterday, I finally got the email about the tick I found on my dog. Positive for the bacteria that causes Lyme disease, which is worst case scenario. But I’m fully convinced my dog is fine and it wasn’t attached long enough. To be safe I will get a 4dx test done in 6 months, which puts us at his annual in the spring anyways. Today, I finally went and got my bw that was ordered in Aug for my stomach issues. I’m anxious to see the results. Then after I had to do running around, took back a pair of slide on shoes I bought that didn’t fit 🙄 but I decided on rain booties and left them in my Amazon cart so my husband bought them for me. Lol. Then I had to take my guinea pig to the work, he’s been squinting and go figure has a cornea ulcer. Blerg. Now my new washing machine is currently being delivered so I got a minute to jump on here and watch my husband deal with the manly business lol.

CS/Q: this sh*t. I don’t even know. I think I’ve clearly ovulated. I would think cd 15 or 16 but like what the actual F is doing on with ff this month?!?! Like seriously for all of us though…. 

• @paytonpedro It sucks to hear the tick tested positive.  I hope your pup is all clear and that your guinea pig feels better too!
    I work for a major bank that happens to have outstanding benefits all around and so blessed that ivf coverage is one of them. I don't love what I do at the moment but the flexibility and benefits make up for it for now! 
  • @walkawaynee that’s absolutely amazing and such a perk when you need it! I feel similarly about my job although my benefits aren’t nearly as spectacular as yours!!
  • I’ve included that temp that I previously discarded and I kind of agree with my chart much more. I know it was elevated because of alcohol, but maybe it was supposed to be elevated anyways?

• *Lurking from WTO*

@optimistgardener Haha, I think you can catch up to my 2 mile runs pretty quickly.

@Paturkey So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. ❤️