January 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 10/25

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 10/25

• How far along are you//EDD: 27 weeks/Jan 24

Size of the baby: a slice of pizza

Upcoming appointments: next week 28 week OB visit and 1 hr GD test

How are you feeling?: pretty good but a little less energy than the past few weeks. Feeling big and hot (temperature) I wake up sweating in the middle of the night and that’s with a light blanket and the temperature at 67 degrees. 

Rants/Rave: we have family staying with us for H’s bday and while I love having people visit I also love having our normal routine at home. The nursery furniture arrived but the floors aren’t done yet so it’s sitting in random places. It’s still going to be at least few weeks and it’s driving me nuts having everything so disorganized.  

Questions: do you have LO’s name picked out?  We have a front runner but haven’t 100% decided and probably won’t until she arrives.

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Cereal, juice, protein bars, and coffee ice cream. Trying to get more veggies in but LO isn’t super into them 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited October 2021

How far along are you//EDD:  29+5/January 5

Size of the baby:  acorn squash, bunch of broccoli

Upcoming appointments:  Regular appointment sometime in early November

How are you feeling?: Huge. Tired. Incredulous that I still have 10 weeks to go. But otherwise, ok! 

Rants/Raves: We had over 3 inches of rain just yesterday, it was awesome! Power was knocked out for awhile, and my 4 year old looked at me and said "you gotta fix it!" I told him that there was nothing we could do, TV would have to wait awhile, and he said "ugh, you're almost 40, you should be able to do something."  :D But the weekend was nice, went to a pumpkin patch with a huge corn maze on Saturday... I should be putting the house back together after the weekend, but I'm tired. 

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? I've been eating a lot of apples, it's my after dinner dessert every night. Handfuls of raisins. This isn't usual, but earlier this morning I was dipping animal crackers into Nutella, haha. And then there's my customary 3-4 Spindrifts a day.  :# 

@elksamm We have a frontrunner, but I don't know... there's something about it that just doesn't seem quite right. Although I felt the same about my first kid's name, and we ended up going with it anyway and it's fine, haha. We're trying to find alternatives, I think just to make sure the frontrunner is our favorite, but we're having a hard time thinking of anything, or at least keeping our mind focused on thinking about it. We'll decide ultimately at the hospital before we leave. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you//EDD: 28w2d / January 15, 2022

Size of the baby: An eggplant...or the absurdly large Italian sandwich my husband got over the weekend. We actually put it up to my belly.

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday for 28-wk appointment

How are you feeling?: Oh so large. I still can't believe I have 2 and a half months (or so) to go. Sometimes my belly feels so stretched out and heavy, I worry it's going to roll off. And my back hurts. I'm also getting a little nauseous, mainly because baby girl is all up in my ribs. 

Rants/Rave: Babymoon this week! I'm excited for a change of scenery, staying in a nice hotel, and a fancy prenatal massage! 

Questions: do you have LO’s name picked out?  We do, and we have been keeping mum except for a select few. 

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? I was craving IHOP over the weekend, and we went...and it was PERFECT. I am mainly craving something if I see it somewhere and it looks good, or someone mentions a particular item. Then I can't stop thinking about it. Oh, and I am craving ice water which is weird because I am not a big water drinker.

• firewife_911firewife_911 member
    edited October 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 28w3d Jan 14th

Size of the baby: Eggplant 

Upcoming appointments:  Nov. 4

How are you feeling?: I feel large. I feel tired. I feel blah.

Rants/Raves: I have my baby shower this Saturday, October 30th!

Questions:  

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? I crave everything and everything. I feel like I can’t stop eating!

• How far along are you//EDD: 30w2d (1/1)

Size of the baby: Small melon/weight of a bunch of bananas

Upcoming appointments:  Just had my 30 week appointment today.  Next one is 11/8. 

How are you feeling?: I feel like I say the same thing every week lately.  I'm feeling pretty good. I've been having right hip/sciatic pain, but nothing unbearable.  Decent energy, but starting to get tired more easily. Braxton Hicks contractions and lots of movement. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I think my son may have given me his cold. My throat feels funny. Boo.  Rave - I have a NINETY minute massage this Saturday. 

Questions:  STM+ What do you add to a registry when you're told that you don't have enough on it (besides diapers and gift cards)? I really don't want ALL the things, and we have most everything already. I wasn't even planning on having a shower, but my husband's work insisted on having a small one for us.

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Non-healthy things, lol! Like @lisa3379, I'm with you on the apple things. I've been eating a honeycrisp apple with caramel everyday lately.  And apple cider.  I also get a chai tea latte with pumpkin almost every morning on my way to work. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Lisa3379 our power also went out this weekend because of the storm system, I was so excited to watch a F1 race live and it cut out on like the 13th lap 🤦🏻‍♀️ Names are so hard! With DS I already wanted to change his name before we left the hospital, I never ended up changing it because it’s a hassle once the paperwork is filed. But we’ve called him the other name since then and it’s what he’s signed up for school and all activities with.

@fifilala516 yay for babymoon!! Hope it’s super relaxing and you get pampered!! I’m not normally a water drinker either, I force myself to drink it but don’t ever really want to. I’ve been drinking a lot of hint water and been really liking water with crushed ice.

• @magalina_h postpartum/nursing clothes? I’d like to get some nicer loungewear. 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 29+2, just realized I’m in the third trimester! 

Size of the baby: acorn squash, feeling huge but measuring on track

Upcoming appointments: I just had one Friday so not for 3 more weeks. 

How are you feeling?: large, overall burnt out on work and home life 😔

Rants/Raves: MH is making strides with the kitchen. I’m hoping for cabinets and countertops by Thanksgiving but that’s probably wishful thinking. 

Questions:  Has anyone gotten the booster yet? My OB recommended waiting a few weeks til I’m closer to delivery. Still can’t decide on Moderna or Pfizer. I had a pretty strong reaction to Moderna.

Also, we are thinking about renting a cabin with my ILs when baby will be 6 weeks old 😬. My big kids will be on winter break and I’m thinking we could all use a change of scenery by then, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.  Am I crazy? Ha 

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Uhh all the sweet things 😬

• How far along are you//EDD: 26+4/Jan 27

Size of the baby: kale/bowing pin

Upcoming appointments:  had mfm today and everything is looking good! Ob was last week, so nothing until mid Nov.

How are you feeling?: feel like I’ve (finally) had a good day. Heard back this am that I passed the 3 hr gd test, and mfm was happy with progress and said “keep doing what you’re doing”, which is always a nice counter to my anxiety. Was on my feet a ton this weekend, and as a result started a lot of foot swelling (which I never had until after my 1st was born), but so far seems manageable. Still pretty tired and SO HUNGRY, but I’ll be full for hours and then all of a sudden I’m ravenous. 

Rants/Raves: rave: my bil got married this past weekend in a small backyard celebration and it was really sweet but rant: I got ALL the bug bites during their dusk ceremony, so I’ve been super itchy for the past 2 days! 😭

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Fast food-burgers and fries (which I usually never eat). Trying to balance, but not doing a great job. But also trying to drink just a ton of water. 

@elksamm I have a few ideas, but like @Lisa3379 nothing is really feeling “right”. I was pretty sure of dd’s name once we both agreed we liked it, but had a backup and said “we’d decide at the hospital”, but we went with the first choice, and I still love it. I want to be as sure of this one’s name, and I’m just not. The ones I like best MH is a bit meh on, but he also hasn’t come up with anything, just comments on my ideas. So we’ll see what happens.  

@magalina_h omg 90 min massage sounds amazing!! Enjoy! As for registry, wipes, reusable waterproof changing pad covers (we had 9 and it was SO nice to have ample supply), drool bibs, burp clothes, washcloths, and books. FWIW towels and clothes were probably the most off-registry gifted item we got, so I wouldn’t recommend registering for those. I’m of the opinion you can’t have too many books, so that might be a good registry filler if you’re a book fan.

• magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for the suggestions @shinyobjects! I did add some more Aden & Anais burpy bibs and rags. I still have the ones we used with my son. They are my favorite brand! They held up so well with him, I'll be able to use them for this babe too! 

I am a huge fan of books and have a large collection already. I'm am Usborne Books & More consultant, so I am constantly getting books for my kiddos. I was actually just building my next order tonight. 

@kcf19 good idea! I do have a bunch of nursing bras on my registry. I should add more lounge pants and nursing sweaters, since it will be the middle of winter!
  • @elksamm, I have my front runner and my husband has his. I don't think we'll decide until after she's born. I don't dislike his, but I don't know that I love it. 99% sure the middle name will be after my grandma, Evelyn. 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 26 weeks 6 days 1/26/22

Size of the baby: acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments:  November 5th MFM Placenta Previa Check (hopefully it has resolved itself)

How are you feeling?:  LARGE

Rants/Raves: Rant:  Well it looks like it will be raining on Halloween.  Rave:  My husband told me to leave work at 1PM tomorrow because he's taking me out to lunch. (so excited)

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Lucky Charms and I honestly have to stop eating so many of them.  Also, cracker barrel white cheddar jalapeño sticks. 

@kcf19  my doctor hasn't recommended the booster yet, but I had no reaction at all to the Pfizer shots.

@elksamm I am 100% decided on my sons name, Louis Eugene.  Both mine and my husband's grandfathers.  I already got a blanket with his name on it. LOL

• @elksamm, we do have the name picked out. It’ll be Benny Scott. Not my top pick for the first name, but my husband didn’t love my pick. And I’m fine with his pick of Benny to go with Scott for the middle name. Scotty is my older brother who passed away before I was born. I’ve always felt he was my guardian spirit or something. 

@fifilala516 have so much fun in your baby moon. That massage is gonna be bomb. 

@kcf19, I am so relieved the boosters for moderna have been approved. I plan to confirm with my OB tomorrow, but am hoping to get the moderna booster in November.

How far along are you//EDD: Same as @magalina_h! 30+3

Size of the baby: zucchini or cabbage

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow for US on fibroid growth and 30w checkup 

How are you feeling?: overwhelmed and like I made a poor decision. I moved positions in my company last week and i feel like i’m in over my head. 

Rants/Raves: I went for a massage on Saturday before our shower and holy crow! It was magical. It greatly lessened the psd pain I’ve been having. I already can’t wait for my next one.

Questions: my boy is still lying transverse. When should I worry about him moving head down? I don’t want him to run out of room esp with the dang fibroid in there.

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? Everything. I gained 4 lbs in the last week. 😬 no swelling, so I think it’s just lots of extra calories in as opposed to fluid retention. I’m getting ready to hibernate!

• @magalina_h 90 minutes!? That's so long! Do you get a break in the middle, like an intermission? Haha. I've only had one massage before, I think it was maybe 30 minutes? I'm considering getting a massage, only because so many of you have raved about them. We'll see. And regarding stuff to add on the registry... I'm running into that problem, too, because I have most things. Maybe new bedding, toddler dishes/utensils, sippy cups? Bath stuff, like towels and shampoo? The tub spout protector thing? 

@kcf19 I might get the booster before I give birth. I'm just now 6 months past my 2nd shot... I'll probably wait until my MIL is in town to help with the kids in case my side effects aren't great, although they weren't too bad to start. Regarding Moderna, I'm sure it totally varies person to person, but my MIL had Moderna. She was pretty sick the day after her first shot, and guessed it was because she didn't have enough to drink the day before/morning of. She super hydrated before her 2nd shot and was totally fine. Again, who knows if that was the big factor, and everyone's different, but just thought I'd offer that as an example. :) 

@lizzie_30 That's so funny, I just bought Lucky Charms yesterday because my kid suggested them. Then I realized (after I ate a couple bowls later that afternoon) that it was a baaaaaad idea  :D
  • @Lisa3379 I was given a heads up to stay hydrated, but it didn’t help 🥺. I had a fever for 4 days! I have an over active immune system haha. But my OB did remind me that my immune system is suppressed so it probably won’t be bad this time. I’m thinking about getting Pfizer this time. 
  • @kcf19 I got the Pfizer booster at the beginning of the month.  But I also got Pfizer initially and my reaction was pretty much the same to all 3- achy, slight headache, and extra tired for about 24-36 hours.  I wanted to wait and get the Moderna as a booster but it had alr ady been 9 months since my second dose and we were going to my sister's small wedding, so I got nervous and just got what was available at the time.
  • @Lisa3379, I have never had a 90min one. I've gotten a 60min one monthly for about a year now and they always feel too short, lol. I had extra credits built up, so I decided to split them and get 90min massages leading up to baby arriving. I can't wait to be able to get them lying on my stomach again! 

Also all of the suggestions you gave are good ones for the registry. I have all of those on there already! 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 27w6d//Jan 20

Size of the baby: lettuce

Upcoming appointments: this Friday! GD test

How are you feeling?: just tired. I can't seem to get enough sleep. This little one is super active and her kicking keeps me awake a lot... alusually at 3 am. 😩

Rants/Raves: rant - unpacking takes foreverrrr and prepping for maternity leave at work is taking up a lot of my energy. Raves - with the cooler weather, I have been using my crockpot constantly. I love soups so much! I'm starting to get ideas for freezer bags for crockpot meals to have ready when baby comes.

Questions:  do you all any awesome crockpot recipes to share?

GTKY: What have you been craving/eating (or drinking) a lot of lately? still eating lots of fruit salad. 🍓🍌🥝🍑