April 2022 Moms
Options

October Symptoms

2»

Re: October Symptoms

• Options
    @Ivorytower2 I've only gotten my initial ultrasound. I've called twice about bleeding concerns, but didn't mention the sickness because I felt like I had to buck it up and deal with it. On a phone appt the other day they suggested Unisom and B6. I see someone in person on Tuesday.  Feel it's time to speak up about how debilitating this has been the last 6 weeks.
  • Options
    @amys614 I’ve been having some SPD pain in my lower back too. It’s most noticeable when I’m going up and down the stairs at home. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like the nausea is starting to not come until 7pm instead of 4pm, which is great, but now I can't make it past 1pm without crazy SPD/SI joint dysfunction pain. Brace helps a little, but causes other issues. 
  • Options
    Anyone else starting to feel a decrease in symptoms? I mean, I still have to pee 2-3 times a night, but the sickness and food aversions are definitely lessening. 
  • Options
    @jesiannv I've noticed a lessening of food aversions and nausea...but it's been replaced by headaches if I don't eat on time and like you said, having to get up to pee 2-3 times a night! I also have sore boobs still, which is annoying!
  • Options
    The worst thing for me right now is dizziness. I have been beyond dizzy for the last 4 hours. Nothing is helping. Tried upping already decent fluid intake, caffeine, food, and a nap. 11w4d and this better not last too much longer. 
  • Options
    How are you feeling today @meow719? Hopefully the dizziness has let up on you!

I am so over the crazy dreams. Last week I had a dream that my family was making me get remarried. Not because they didn't like DH, they just wanted to have a cool wedding to celebrate. The whole time I was freaking out trying to get ahold of DH to tell him I still loved him. This week it's been dreams about my mom (who died 5 years ago). It's nice to see her in my dreams, but I always wake up in such a weird funk from it.
  • Options
    yikes @doxiemoxie212 that seems like a very shocking dream to wake up from!
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 it might be record holding 
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 it stuck around for a solid 24 hours and only went away after taking dramamine at the advice of my OB. It was absolutely horrible. 
  • Options
    I got 3 days straight of no nausea, but now it's been back for 2 days strong as ever -_- 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’m experiencing similar trickery. At least now there are some good days mixed in, but figured we would have turned the corner by now!
  • Options
    @Ivorytower2 holding out for lucky number 18 I guess lol
  • Options
    @Ivorytower2 and @doxiemoxie212 same here! I keep thinking it's just one day away from being better but no such luck. I feel like a crazy person over here.
  • Options
    I’m officially off the unisom/B6 combo! Day two really sucked (lots of nausea and gagging) but it went away by day three without. 
  • Options
    I'm so scared to stop unisom/b6! haha maybe I could taper...like just stop unisom but keep B6 and then stop B6.
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 I was scared too! The same thing happened last pregnancy too, where my body seemed to get used to it so that I had what seemed to be withdrawal symptoms when I stopped. Luckily they went away pretty quickly. 
  • Options
    @monstera13 @Blondesweety444 I too am scared to stop.  Even if I miss 1 dose of my 3x a day, there is hell to pay for 12+ hours with symptoms. I'm barely into my 13th week so I'm hoping to taper the unisom down to twice a day next week and maybe keep the b6 on board for another couple of weeks. I know its "better" than it was bc I'm not gagging nearly as much and can go 4 hours without eating now, but I reallllly hate being nauseous and don't want to give the relief up.
  • Options
    I just came here to ask if anyone else was still on Zofran/Bonjesta/Unisom and if they had a plan on how to taper. I’m terrified too and I really feel like I need all the meds twice a day still. Scared to skip a dose and then feel horrible. 
  • Options
    I was just failed my two night experiment off Bonjesta. Every day I got sicker. First day back on, no nausea. I'll try again in two weeks. What a way to waste a weekend. I was just miserable. I take one at night it will be a bit before I feel brave enough to try again. I figured since I got worse every day to go back on. Guess I'll have to ask my OB to see a out signs of when to come off or how to.
  • Options
    Hello all - I'm currently 15wk4days. Was in the ER for 15 hours last week due to extremely high blood pressure hovering around 160/120. I've always had borderline high blood pressure before pregnancy,  but this was completely out of the norm. Was given multiple shots of medication at hospital, left prescribed with a low dose medication to take every 8hours. I've noticed my body is out of whack since the hospital visit - nausea came back, back pain, finding it hard to fall asleep each night. I go from naseaous to ravenous hungry.  

Had anyone else experienced blood pressure problems or similar synptoms this early in pregnancy? (First time posting/sharing!)
  • Options
    @knottied85a25a92ee7a561 most of those symptoms seem like normal pregnancy symptoms and not necessarily high BP. I would look at the meds to see if they make any of those symptoms worse and if it does, let your doctor know so they can see if there are other options of meds.
  • Options
    knottied85a25a92ee7a561 that sounds scary. Glad you are ok now. I agree that most of those symptoms seem like normal pregnancy symptoms. Have you tried Bonjesta or Unisom/B6 to help with nausea?
  • Options
    @rbflei ok I am officially not going to try now 🤣🤣. Maybe in a few more weeks.
  • Options
    I visited the obstetrician clinic this morning. This clinic in particular deals in high risk pregnancies and complications, the ER referred us there after last weeks ER visit. They've upped the dose of blood pressure meds and prescribed pepcid for heartburn, doxtylamine/B6 for nausea, baby aspirin to reduce the risk of developing pre-eclampsia. Let's hope these help! I've already noticed a difference in heartburn after just one dose of pepcid.