Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Monday B*tchfest 10.25

• kiki047kiki047 member
    edited October 2021
    I'm beginning to feel like I only ever contribute to the BF threads in our weekly GTKYs lol but I think it has more to do with the fact that my participation tends to trail off by the end of the week. 

Preface: I had my 3rd egg retrieval on Friday and it was a doozy. I had a mandatory strategic planning session that I had to go to on the Saturday for work, and I knew there was a chance I might not feel well enough to participate but I promised MH that I'd be sitting most of the day, so he drove me in and picked me up, and I took a wheelie cooler full of drinks (and my laptop) so I wouldn't have to carry anything heavy. 

I intentionally only told a few key people that I was having a "medical procedure" the day before and needed to be seated for most of the day. It wasn't such a big deal, most of it was conducted from our seats except for the one breakout session I was leading. I asked my co-presenter if he would be the scribe so I wouldn't have to try to wrestle with the flip-charts and stand the whole afternoon and he made some joke about being lazy, at which point I said "actually I had a medical procedure done yesterday so I'm really only here because I promised I'd be sitting most of the day" and his answer was "what, was the surgery on your arm so you can't write?"  I was pretty taken aback by that and my blood is still boiling writing this. He eventually said maybe they can *put the flip chart on the floor so I don't have to stand*, and when I asked him to come up to the front to present it with me so I could sit and not have to get up to flip the page and he said no, he'll just contribute from his seat. This is the former Sr VP of HR for one of the biggest banks in the country so he's already a pompous ass but I have a few new names for him, some of which I can't repeat here. It was pretty obvious to those who knew me that I wasn't quite myself, and I suppose I could have been more insistent but short of calling him an asshole to his face I was kind of at a loss for words and so I pushed through it, and paid the price for it later. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I am so sorry you went through that! I’m mad for you!! What a jerk!! I hope someone else saw how he was treating you so it might get addressed? Totally uncalled for. 

I was going to complain about the shoes I ordered on Amazon (I finally found a pair of slide ons that I like) but it hardly seems BF worthy following @kiki047……
    Anyways, they don’t fit. I always go to the reviews and everything said to order a size or two down. Welp. I ordered half a size smaller, but still sometimes my shoe size for certain shoes, and they’re miniature. Wtf. So now I have to return them and I’m not sure I’ll even get the same pair with such sizing issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kiki047 that is awful, I work for one of the biggest banks in the country and I can absolutely attest to the large population of pompous asses we retain. No excuse for anyone to behave like that to another human being. 
  • I have hard enough time in the engineering world as a woman. I can't even image the rage I would constantly feel in the financial field. :confounded:

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @paytonpedro I hate how different sizes can be online and I am admittedly horrible at returning anything (In person and online) so I always run the risk of just eating the $. 
  • @paytonpedro sadly I think the work culture around here is so shitty that even if someone did notice, it wouldn't change much. The irony is that this is one of the issues we're dealing with at an organizational level, so here is Exhibit A. *eyeroll* But please don't let me hold you back from venting, there is no hierarchy of BFing lol. I'm so disappointed for you about your shoes. Like @walkawaynee I'm also terrible at actually returning stuff, whether ordered online or bought in store, so that would also be considered a sunk cost for me. 

@inthewoods23 yup, it's pretty bad. It's telling when I'm part of an administrative council that reports to management, that is 99% women, while the advisor council is 99% men. Same issues, just different hierarchy. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 & @walkawaynee they’re from Amazon so I literally just have to drop them at a UPS store, it’s super easy. But still I’m upset. I wanted to wear them this week. 

@kiki047 mine just seemed petty compared to an actual problem. I just reread it and it really still makes my blood boil for you. Especially that it’s an actual issue thats just continuing to happen. 
  • @kiki047 oh man oh man. I work in insurance/financial services, aka the other good ole boys world. I’m sorry, that’s really shitty. I’m impressed you actually went and didn’t opt out. As I’ve gotten older I’m definitely less inclined to take one for the team if it comes to something serious like my health or family - and I know not everyone has that luxury.