May 2022 Moms

Announcement Thread!

Share as much or as little detail as you want! 

Here’s the space to discuss things like how you told your partner, your family / friends, social media…etc! 

Re: Announcement Thread!

• And846And846 member
    edited October 2021
    Okay…last time we did the big social media announcement and gender post in single post at 16 weeks. 

This time i don’t want to do a social media post and instead i just made a shirt for DD and snapped a few pics and shared it with friends and family. 
    *eta spoiler of pic

• We also did a big social media / gender reveal post on FB last time. I think I was like 18 weeks or so. I’m not sure what we’ll do social media wise (if anything), but we’re going to tell both sets of parents this weekend while we’re at a pumpkin patch. Not 100% sure how we’re going to do it since it’s supposed to be chilly…but we ordered 2 different big sister t shirts for DD to put her in and see how long it takes to notice 😆 we’ve told a few close friends, but that’s it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We told our moms right away bother of their reactions were less than stellar. Other family we’ve told have been excited. 

We did an announcement post for our other 2 at 12 weeks so we are going to do that again just to keep it the same. I have mom guilt about any of my kids feeling shafted for the other one I know it’s crazy lol. 

I can’t decide if we are going to have our older 2 each wear a shirt that says BOYS 1, GIRLS 1 and hold a onesie that says Tiebreaker. OR have a onesie that says seriously I’m the last one. I might let’s hubby pick since I can’t decide. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• We told our parents, DH’s siblings, and grandmas at the pumpkin patch this weekend. It took a while for people to catch on but everyone was excited. The front of her shirt said “I have a secret”
    I have a lot of thoughts on how my mom handled it but I’m trying not to fixate on it 🙃

• @heasemom cute shirts, and kids! 
  • @karisahamdi i love the first picture!! 
  • @karisahamdi I had no trouble reading the first one and agree with @And846 it’s a great pic.
  • I like both! I could read the first and think either would be super cute!
  • @karisahamdi first one!! I’m assuming all the people who see the post know your name and can figure it out even if the onesie is a little crooked. So cute!!
  • Aw thanks, everyone!! Helpful to know that the crookedness doesn't distract from the picture.
  • @karisahamdi agreed with the others, that’s super cute!
  • Ok, @DarkSerendipity… I’m obsessed! Such a fun announcement! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DarkSerendipity that is too cute!!!  Love it!!
  • I agree @karisahamdi the first sends a very clear message and is a beautiful photo!
  • @annashaf such a cute family!