Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 10/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Monday 10/25

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 20/8 (7)

Timing: O, +1 (-1, O)

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: Possibly Saturday if no AF

R/R: Start teaching a new class tomorrow with 112 students on Zoom  :# I think we're all ready, just finishing the last things up today. Rave- had a really nice weekend. Discussion of pregnancy/kids in spoiler.

My good friend here is due with her first child in about two weeks. They came over here Saturday and went through all the cloth nappies and baby clothes that I'd saved from my kids to see what they wanted. I'm so excited for them. Also had that awkward conversation where they asked if I'd want the stuff back and I was like "...maybe?" I mean, they probably know I'm trying since I have this stuff hoarded still but it felt a little weird. It really was lovely though to see all the wee baby things but it's definitely making me hope things work out for me and SO.
    CS/Q: Would you go with FF and pick CD12 for O, or go with CD13? I know it's not really that important but it's mostly that I don't want to get my hopes up on Friday if AF doesn't show bc she's really due Saturday if O was later. (But who am I kidding, I always get my hopes up during week 2 of the TWW).

• @Paturkey omg that is a lot of students on zoom. I struggled with my class of 33 on zoom because i couldn't keep all their faces on one screen. it made me feel like i was lecturing to like, one room that were in front of me and another room that was sort of off to the side and around a corner from me. good luck! As for your cd 12/13 question, i guess i would carry on with what i was saying yesterday about ambiguous O calculations... maybe you ovulated late on the night of cd12/early the morning of the 13th? FF puts a lot of stock in your temping data, which means if you have a wonky high temp on O day (more on that in my chart momentarily) FF will tend to push your O day around in order to "make sense" of that for you. A lot rides on data that is fundamentally prone to error. Like, say cd13's data was funky because you woke up a couple of hours before temping and didn't fully fall back to sleep, that could change your chart from a clear-cut cd13 O to a "maybe it was cd12?" reading. It is unusual to have an LH surge that translates into ovulation on the very same day (but it does happen). It's also more likely to happen in cycles where O comes early (longer cycles are more likely to have drawn-out LH surges). Basically I'm gunning here for like a 3am O on CD13.

CD/DPO: 16/2 or 4

Timing: either bad or good, depending

Typical LP length: 15-16

Testing: maybe

R/R: gotta go to campus early for lecture prep/but i am looking forward to a breakfast of butter-toasted steel-cut oats, cooked as recommended by @bumblebee0210!

CS/Q: FF still can't figure out what to do with my weirdass chart this cycle. I am still hoping for ovulation on cd12 based on other signs, but clearly the high temp on what i want to be my O day and the 2 cool temps that follow are making FF suspicious (i mean, they're making me suspicious too). I do sometimes have cycles where it takes my body a day or so to get that progesterone bump; this is just an unusually long time. I'm afraid this is going to wind up remaining a mystery and that FF will wind up giving me crosshairs for cd14.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • @optimistgardener Yeah, it's way too many faces on Zoom. I had around 30 last week in another class and when I'd ask for questions I'd scroll over to make sure I was seeing nodding or shaking heads. This class is activity-based so once I introduce things they'll get split into 11 breakout rooms which makes it manageable.

Regarding my O, I think you're absolutely right. I slept in another room the night of 12/13 because I was snoring like a sawmill (his words) so that definitely could have bumped my temp. I agree that it was probably early morning 13 for me. Regarding your O, I also think it's likely that FF is going to give you CD14 CH. It hates low temps and so it's unlikely to give you 12 or 13 since both 13 and 14 are low. I would be inclined to say 12 or 13 based on CM and OPK. I wonder what happens if you put in a dummy high temp for tomorrow? Prob CD14. What about if you discard CD14 temp? Prob CD13. Your timing is great for 12 and 13 and not completely improbable for 14. Anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 
  • just a quick check-in to say @paturkey you're 100% correct on what ff does with those various "adjustments." discarding cd 12 temp but leaving cd13 and 14 on the table, oddly enough, sends FF all the way back to cd11 for my O day. so basically taking any one of my cd12-14 off the table is enough to move crosshairs between cd11-14. let that be a warning to all of us re: trusting ff to magically know our O date.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @Paturkey that's a big class!! What kind of class is it?

@optimistgardener that sounds like a yummy breakfast! I'm sorry FF isn't giving you a clear O date.

CD/DPO: 25/3 days post FET

Timing: FET

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Beta 11/1

R/R: Somehow I've lost like two pounds since last week even though I've been eating way more crap than usual. I'm not sure if it's due to the PIO but if it is then it's a definitely silver lining to having to stab myself in the behind every day. I treated myself to a bunch of books at Barnes & Noble today and I can't wait to start reading them!!

CS/Q: nope
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited October 2021
    @optimistgardener Us on FF

ETA @shortstack930 FX for you this cycle! My class is a first year module on Global Challenges. The students will all team up and investigate global challenges. It's fun and active, my job is less lecturer and more facilitator/guide.
  • walkawayneewalkawaynee member
    edited October 2021

@Paturkey sorry about the unclear O date. I always try to use the later date when in doubt to help keep my hopes in check (not that it really works, kind of like setting your clock ahead 5 minutes. I still.mentally subtract 5 because I know)

@optimistgardener Good look with the oats, I try to love oatmeal, I just can't get there. 

@shortstack930 what kind of books did you get?

CD/DPO: 23/8 (I think)

Timing: I think timing was okay-ish 

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: no plans

R/R: I missed a day on the CBE OPK and I *think* it happened to be my peak. I didn't temp this cycle so I am really just guessing. The missed test day was my average O day so probably accurate.  Basically just a hot mess this cycle, DH returned to office and we were struggling to adjust to the new flow, we are starting ivf prep next cycle and I was sick last week. My dog is back home after spending a week with my mom which makes me happy to not be home alone all day!

• @walkawaynee I’m a big fan of young adult books so I got Adrienne Young’s Fable series and this fantasy book I’ve been wanting called The Priory of the Orange Tree. I’m sorry you were sick! That can definitely throw O off. I’m glad your dog is back though!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• edited October 2021
    @Paturkey that gif is exactly correct. but i will say i am a lot less wedded to FF's predictions than i used to be. it's a great tool but it can also lead us into some wrong answers.
    History
  • @shortstack930 weird fact, my FIL is in to young adult novels and he was talking about the Fable series recently. I recently started A Court of Thorns and Roses per recommendation from a 12 year old. 
  • @walkawaynee OMG A Court of Thorns and Roses is my favorite series of all time!!! Although they get a bit racy as the books go on so I'm not entirely sure they're appropriate for a 12 year old lol. Your FIL sounds awesome!!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history: