Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 10/23&24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: TWW Weekend 10/23&24

• ok @paytonpedro i'm switching camps; i finally got my temp bump. hope your get yours soon too

Month/Cycle:  :#

CD/DPO: 15/either 1 or 3, depending on whether you go by temp or opk/ovulation pain.

Timing: either good or terrible

Typical LP length: obnoxiously long at 15-16 days

Testing: 12dpo maybe, just to put me out of my misery.

R/R: giant windstorm coming through! it was like freight-train last night howling around the house (that's a rave, btw.  i love wild storms). my rant is that my Sunday is going to be jam-packed with prep-work for Monday. But at least maybe I can do it with some big warm mugs of tea to keep me company.

CS/Q:

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @optimistgardener yay!!! I’m going to hang out in wto for a little longer! I had a few drinks last night, didn’t go to bed until 2am, and royally screwed up my chart 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro those drinks were worth it.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I put my chart in wto. I’m not entirely sure they were 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣🤣
  • Hey @optimistgardener! I'll hang with you :) Glad you got your temp bump and FX that your timing was good. Enjoy that hot tea.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19/7 (6)

Timing: O, +1 (-1, O)

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: maybe next Saturday if AF hasn't shown? Should be here Fri or Sat depending on O.

R/R: Feeling like only raves today. It's perfectly autumnal weather today and we walked to the farmer's market then on a 5-mile loop around the river, stopping for a pint on the way home. It honestly couldn't have been more lovely. Plus I'm wearing a fabulous dress that I had layered up with a wool cardigan, wool shawl and my sneakers which made the walk possible. A really lovely day and I'm feeling rather fabulous :D<3 The only thing that would make it better would be the American football being on tv so I could spend the rest of the day chilling on the couch watching. (I can get it here, it's just stupidly expensive).

CS/Q: Nah. Still resigned to O at CD 12-13 inconclusive.
  • hey there @paturkey your morning sounds great so far! i love how somehow the right outfit can bump everything up a notch or three. it's amazing how fast it seems like we went from the heat of summer into full-scale autumn. we're losing all our leaves here and even our native white oaks, not normally good on color shifts, have figured out how to be pretty for a few days before they go brown. I've got my fx that your timing turned out perfect.
    History
  • Love how we're all raving about the weather today!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 16/4

Timing: Not great; -2

Typical LP length: I'm not even sure now?? Apparently O is earlier than I always thought, or the first full month of temping just so happens to be a weird one. I guess we'll find out.

Testing: Probably not.

R/R: It's supposed to rain for two days straight starting in about an hour and I'm here for it. Just sipping my coffee with a window cracked, and a chocolate chip cookie I baked last night.

CS/Q: I think O was actually super clear this month, but then two days later I had a random bit of fertile CM and I don't know what to think of that.
  • @annanbby yo! actually -2 is pretty good timing. If you feel like nerding out about it, here's an article:

the TL/DR graph from the same study:

History
  • @annanbby Coffee, rain and a fresh baked cookie? That sounds amazing!

@optimistgardener It's just so nice when the leaves turn, even if it's just a few. I love fall. And thanks for the article link and bar chart! I will definitely go read it 👍
  • *lurking*
    Technically I’m in TWW but also doing stims so pointless to contribute. I’m just here for @optimistgardener’s science! 🤓

Also, @Paturkey remind me where you live that you can’t get NFL for a reasonable price?
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername I’m in the UK. I’d need to sign up for a cable sports package and I’m too cheap 😂 Plus the games are usually on late so I don’t get to watch as much I’d like. I did watch the London games, though, which they showed live on regular tv 👍🏼
  • edited October 2021
    @acleverusername i knew some science would lure you in! ;) You'll no doubt notice this is an ancient article (pub. 1995!). Still, I think the basic principles under examination here haven't changed that much, and it's not exactly rocket science to do these kinds of calculations. Spoilering the rest of my chatter because long and nerdy.
    For obvious reasons, I've been kind of obsessed with trying to figure out what my realistic window is for timing things like fresh inseminations vs. frozen IUIs, so I've read a lot of the accessible lit on the subject. There are other studies out there that readjust the #s a bit here and there for probability of conception, but the gist remains the same: -2, -1, and O day are all basically excellent timing if you're dealing with fresh semen. -3 sees big drop-offs, and +1 also drops the #s down to basically nothing in this study. However, it's worth finessing these #s a little bit to incorporate the reality of how these processes play out. For example, I'm guessing that a -2 timing in which insemination happened in the morning, whereas ovulation took place in the evening two days later would be less likely than an evening insem and a morning ov two days later. Also, ovulation takes some hours, and is not just like *popping sound effect* boom, the egg leaps on stage. Sperm likewise take a little while to get from vaginal canal to the fallopian tube, so that's worth thinking about as well. There's a strong train of thought in the world of IUI timing (and especially with respect to frozen sperm) that it's actually better to time the IUI for shortly after follicle rupture, so that the egg is actually waiting for the sperm when it gets there. This is basically the opposite of the thought process for TI, which wants to make sure the sperm are waiting for egg. I guess the logic here is that in a TI context, fresh sperm can kinda hang out for a while and will slowly dissipate into the uterus after hanging out for a while near the cervix, and find their way to the fallopian tube, producing a "slow release" effect that maximizes the chance of encountering an egg when it is ready. IUI-ready sperm have been stripped of the nutrients and cozy environment they might otherwise rely on for a strategic pause (thanks to the "washing" process) and have a substantially shortened life-span when it comes to just chillin' in the reproductive system. Plus they've been injected directly into the uterus, which means they're more likely to just spill out of the fallopian tube lickety split instead of the "slow release" thing described above. The decline is accelerated for frozen sperm, which seemingly have even fewer resources.

History
  • @optimistgardener Ahh! So interesting! Totally read through that whole article and then went looking for more like it :D well that's encouraging, definitely thought this cycle was a hard miss. lol
  • edited October 2021
    @annanbby glad you found it useful! of course, even with good timing there's all sorts of other potential obstacles, but at least you're in the window where sperm and egg can find each other. Definitely encouraging!
    History
  • edited October 2021
    @Paturkey suddenly it all makes sense as to why you'd be out having a pint after a 5-mile walk when i was still trying to find my way to the bottom of my coffee cup this morning. I had been doing the math in my head like... well i guess they could have started their walk really early, and then had like a mid-morning brunch pint?
    History
  • PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited October 2021
    @optimistgardener Haha, yeah, we went out at about 1 pm 😁

ETA I love the mental work you did to make it seem like a plausible thing at that hour!
  • @optimistgardener ya I'm definitely still feeling like timing could've been better, but I'm glad to know at least there's still a somewhat decent chance. We actually tried day of O, but hubby is still adjusting to the timing aspect so I think it was a bit of a mood killer lol otherwise we'd have been right on it.
  • @Paturkey i like to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to morning drinking :)
    History
  • MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023