Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 10/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 10/22

• jellie603jellie603 member
    edited October 2021

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Temping, charting, OPKs, pnv, testing, DTD

R/R: We're going to Burlington this afternoon to go to this outdoor gear store and grab dinner/drinks! We need new winter gear and both have gift cards so hopefully we find what we need! Also, I picked up our dog from daycare on Wednesday and the new guy there brought her out for me. He was saying how much he loves her, how sweet she is etc. etc. and I almost started crying. She has come such a long way from being afraid of people and I'm so happy for her!

ETA because I think it is important. Please go hug your loved ones, like right now. Within 15 mins of each other we just got news that one of our team members just ended her battle with cancer (I don't say lost because they fight so hard and when they pass so does the cancer.) and then another team member's house got hit with a tornado last night. Luckily they weren't home and are all okay but imagine if they were. Anyways, hug your people please ❤

CS/Q: Nothing to see here 😂

• @jellie603 oh I hope you have fun shopping and catching dinner with yh! What a fabulous story about your pup. Definitely made me smile! ❤️

Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: I’m so anxious about work tomorrow. They moved me to a different office, temporarily, and I’m going from working with 1 other girl to 3 other girls. I’ve never worked there or even set foot in the building. And while I know most of the people, drs, support staff, etc, I’m so anxious. I’m dreading it. My SIL works for the same company (at this location) and I’ll be working with her, and that’s the only glimmer of positive there is for tomorrow.

CS/Q: merp.

• Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro Thank you! It made me smile too, she' such a good girl ❤. Ugh I can feel your anxiety from here! Are you a small talker/extrovert? That will be helpful if so haha. I hope everyone is warm and welcoming and you click right in!
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: My only side effect from the booster shot (so far) is a sore arm, so definitely can’t complain. My coworkers were so sweet and decorated my office today for my birthday this weekend! Love them and how much better they make my job.

CS/Q: Nope

@jellie603 That’s so sweet about your dog! Hope you all have fun tonight on your shopping/dinner date.

@paytonpedro Yuck, anxiety about a new work situation sounds tough. I hope it ends up being an easy fit and less stressful than you fear.

• @jellie603 very true about holding your loved ones now. thanks for the reminder. and eff cancer.

@paytonpedro i too can feel your anxiety, and i would also be anxious in those circumstances. i dislike being in new social contexts. something about it brings out the latent shy middle schooler in me. but hopefully it will be pleasant and easy!

@abjm0325 hurray for an easy booster and birthday celebrations from your coworkers! can I ask if you had much of a response to either of your first two shots? i'm thinking on getting a booster at some point but my 2nd shot laid me out flat for 24+ hours, which is a thing i'd definitely have to build into my schedule.

Month/Cycle: so many

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: supplements, donor friend, opk, temping, prepping for egg retrieval

R/R: this is kind of cheating, but after writing up my R/R yesterday i went into the kitchen and promptly dumped a half-dozen eggs onto our tile floor. They were nice pasture-raised eggs (it's my method for trying to get more omega-3 into my life), and trying to clean up that much egg is just gloopy and disastrous. So my rant today is a holdover from yesterday. Rave is we got more than an inch of rain overnight and today is the start of my "weekend"! (I'm still going to be working all day but at least it'll be on my own schedule with no lectures to give.)

CS/Q: lol. i'm not sure i've ever had such an ugly chart in my 3+ years of temping. i did get a little bit of a dip this morning. but actually my working theory based on other evidence is that i O'ed yesterday afternoon/evening sometime (heavy lower abdominal pain that my RE tells me is an inflammatory response to fluid/blood release at O), which is much improved as of this morning, and what i'm gonna call "transitional" CM changes between last night and this morning. i'm gonna stick around here in WTO for the day though because it seems like that's how folks do things around here.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I did not have a reaction to either of the first two shots. The pharmacist said to expect it to be like shot #2 in terms of reaction if that helps you with your planning. Hooray for a more laid-back workday before your weekend! And yuck to those eggs. The consistency of raw egg is so gross.  

• @jellie603 Have fun on your shopping trip! Also, I am so sorry to hear about your coworkers. 
    @paytonpedro That would be a huge change for me, so I am hoping that for you its an easy transition and hopefully the temp part isn't too long!
    @abjm0325 Have the best birthday weekend!! 
    @optimistgardener We're happy you want to hang with us today! 

Month/Cycle: 3/4AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs, PNV, DTD

R/R: I am so glad it's Friday! My boss is off today so I can actually get some work done! I am planning on deep cleaning my office since I can't remember the last time I did. Listening to music and cleaning away all day! 

CS/Q: Still boring lol

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @jellie603 awww yay, I'm glad your dog's been doing well, that's awesome! I'm so sorry about your team members.

@paytonpedro blugh, changes at work suck. I hope the people you'll be working with end up being good coworkers.

@abjm0325 aww, happy birthday! And glad you're not really having side effects.

@optimistgardener oh no, those eggs sound messy and difficult, definitely rant-worthy.

@tessiesmom26 I'm pretty sure it's a requirement to listen to music while deep cleaning. Something about it makes it so much easier mentally.

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: sorry I've been MIA this week, it's been a busy one. But midterm week is over, so things should slow down now. Although we're entering Christmas-gift-making season now lol. We've got our covid booster appointments set for a week from today, and we both took the next day off in case we feel like crap. Cruddy part is that, if O is CD20 like the last few cycles, then shot day will be O-2, so it could mess with our timing if we feel blugh from it. So semi crossing my fingers for an earlier or later O? There's a big part of me that's thinking about how maybe this will be the cycle we succeed because we have our RE consultation when I should be 3dpoish.

CS/Q: nothing yet, but I actually remembered to temp this morning so that's good.

• @jellie603 I used to be very extroverted but have become very introverted. And what’s worse than that is my body language comes off rude/snudy, so it makes people judge me before even getting to know me. And I’ve had multiple people tell me this. Meh. I’m not excited. Deep breathes. I just have to remember to smile. 

@abjm0325 your coworkers sound lovely! Enjoy your weekend!! So glad a sore arm is all you’re feeling!

@optimistgardener my biggest problem is my unrelenting feeling of not belonging so when I’m put in a situation like this, it just makes it that much more real. When I first read your egg story, I was like how does dumping eggs on your floor get more omega-3 into your life? 🤣🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ I get it now. Lol. Cleaning eggs is no fun, cleaning 6 sounds like a nightmare. Both our temps today and charts. So much meh. 

@tessiesmom26 I hope you enjoy your day cleaning, and without your boss lol. I don’t do well with change so I’m hoping this is the most temporary temporary thing ever. 

@fantasyflyte yay for midterm week being over! I hope your boosters don’t mess up this cycle!
  • @fantasyflyte I know I said this the other day, but I really am jealous of your crafting ability. I need to get myself to learn my Silhouette machine so that I can also craft for the holidays. Also FX for minimal side effects that don't mess with timing for you!

@bows22 I'm jealous! Have so much fun! My countdown is 25 days and I can't wait! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @fantasyflyte Thank you! I hope you don’t have a negative reaction to the booster and/or that your O date cooperates in moving.

@bows22 Thank you! Enjoy your vacation!

• @jellie603 aww what a good pupper! Have fun shopping! I love getting new things

@paytonpedro hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow. I'm often anxious going to places I've never been to before. Next month I'll be on a trip to Houston and won't have a travel companion and I'm more anxious than I should be as this isn't my first solo trip.

@abjm0325 yay for not side effects besides the sore arm! I think that's all I ended up having for side effects getting the original 2 shots. I think my arm was more sore the first time than the second one which seemed totally backwards from most people's experiences. What did you coworkers do to decorate your office?

@tessiesmom26 I think I'm less productive when my boss is off haha.

@fantasyflyte if you think it, maybe it will happen!

@bows22 I was checking with my next AF is expected with my business trip next month. If anything AF should be on her way out or possible done by then. Phew! Nothing worse than having to use up space in your bag for period protection.

Month/Cycle: 12 AL

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: RI labs, bbt, opks, supplements, gf/sometimes df diet

R/R: I switched my prenatal from their gummy version to the capsule version some time ago because they're a couple bucks cheaper. Except, the freaking fish oil makes me burp and it's gross. Bleh! I kind of want to go back to the gummies, but the capsules are so nice when it comes to travel. They don't may gummy pill containers lol. I might have mentioned it in the IF thread, but I'm having my vitamin D checked again as part of the workup for the RI and when I went to Quest there was some notice that medicaid only allows having vitamin D tested once a year. 1 - I'm not on medicaid. 2 - I haven't had my vitamin D tested at all this year so..... wtf. If I went ahead and had it tested through them I would have had to pay $241! Good news is there's a small clinic that DH's company is "partnered" with that provides us with some cheap flat rates for things like labs, x-rays, prescriptions, etc. My cost to get the vitamin D checked there? $11. Dirt. Cheap. I don't ever recall spending that ridiculous amount of money for the vitamin D test working with the REs. *shrug*

CS/Q: I had a big temp spike today that had me worrying that my surge happened completely overnight. Last night's test before bed was 0.3 or so. This morning's was 0.7. Late morning I actually got a true positive! And it's already back down to very negative 4 hours later. Not a fan of these super quick surges lol. But O should be tomorrow for sure!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 something must be weird with Vitamin D testing because I had to get mine re-tested and they lumped it in with my pre-op bloodwork. On my EOB it said it was denied?? But it must have sorted itself out because I never got a bill. So strange though! 
  • @bows22 also super jealous! I hope you guys have a wonderful time!! Yay for your period coming before your vacation! 

@inthewoods23 like I know everything will be fine, surely, but I’m in my own head way too much. Are you taking the smarty pants prenatals? I know someone recommended them to me but I don’t remember who and I’ve switched to them. And I know their capsules are cheaper. Yay for catching your LH surge!
  • @bows22 yeah idk! Whatever. At least I can get it cheap. I know some are spending the full $241 every time they’re having it checked. Yikes.

@paytonpedro yes those are the prenatal I’m taking! I like them, but damn that fish oil!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 We have this jumbo pack of lime green streamers someone in the office bought for a party like a decade ago not realizing how long a pack like that would last. So the running joke is that lime green streamers are always involved somehow. Then they just printed off a bunch of funny birthday memes and hid them around my office. Nothing fancy, but fun!