Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 10.4

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)?

Re: TFAS w/o 10.4

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had good timing (assuming OPKs are correctly predicting O is very soon), so that is always a little bit of a relief to know we did what we could at least.  

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My DD is so sweet and funny (most of the time), but she definitely has a bit of teenager attitude coming out. She also has been an only child for so long I worry a little bit about how she will adjust if we are able to have a second. Any of you with 2+ have any advice for making that transition easier if we are able to be in that position eventually? Bonus points if your kid was on the older side when making that transition.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)?

I love just going for walks with her in the fall to see the changing leaves and the fun fall/ Halloween decorations people put out.

• What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 11/2AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? almost two!

Any thoughts about this cycle? i'd like the remnants of AF to get outta here so i can get to gettin', ya know.

Any questions? nada

Rant/Rave? had a lovely weekend seeing my college bestie and her 2 girls that are about 90 mins away. it always seems like we should see each other more bc we're not that far, but when schlepping a child 90 mins each way can take some coordination! 

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)? oh man, i dunno, last year we were still so covid cautious. i'm excited for her to dress up for halloween this year. last year she was ruth baby ginsburg. 

@abjm0325 4 years doesn't seem like a huge gap to me, i know its more common to have kiddos closer together, but my older sister is 9 years older than me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @anniemarie887 Thanks for the perspective! I know there are all different age gaps out there, it just wasn't what I expected to have and freaks me out a little. I'm sure it would be fine no matter what! Also, that Ruth Baby Ginsburg costume sounds freaking adorable.  :)
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? I honestly have no idea 😂

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5yo boy 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Wicked annoyed with this cycle. Got a positive OPK on CD 12 along with a temp dip and assumed I O'd early (I usually O around CD 15 or 16). So I was bummed we pretty much missed our window. But I had some EWCM yesterday so I took an OPK last night and turned it peak. This morning was "low" but def positive. So now I'm thinking I O's yesterday...which is late for me. This will make my cycle like 36 days which is wicked long. I don't know what the heck is going on right now. 

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave? Everyday before Pre-K I say some "affirmations" to encourage him throughout his day. But I always end with saying "Be a good friend and a good listener to everyone. Have fun and learn something new." Well last week his teachers told us that on 3 separate days one of his friends was upset and crying about something. They said that our DS went over to each of these friends and offered them a hug and for them to play with him. They said he was such a kind friend and it warmed my heart so much! We try to instill kindness and empathy towards everyone and it seems to be working ❤

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)? Oooo that's tough - we love fall! I'd say decorating for Halloween is up there! On October 1st, we pull out the spooky decorations, watch a Halloween movie and make a fall goodie! 
  • @abjm0325 I totally get it! I said I wanted to do the whole crazy two under two thing on purpose. We are REALLY spaced out, my two younger sisters are adopted. Our current ages are 43, 34, 21 and 17. 
    @jellie603 omg that is just the SWEETEST. I love it. I may steal that for DD who is only 22 mos, but still. 

Also, we have the paci down to just sleeping at night or if the little ninja somehow sneaks upstairs and steals it from her crib. But she’s started asking for it, which I decided means it’s time to cut the cord. We are going on 17 minutes of sobbing MAMA and WHY and the occasional DADA. We had do like 3 days of CIO when she went to her crib at 5 mos old, but this is worse with the fact that she can say actual words!
  • @abjm0325 I worry about the gap too with my little guy who is turning 3. Many of my friends have said that having one older child can be helpful. I'm hoping that should we get the chance to have #2 that DS will be helpful and that will make him feel involved as well.
    @anniemarie887 Ruth Baby Ginsburg  :D That's hysterical!! As for the paci, we thought it was going to be a huge struggle, but DS bit through his last two that we had in the house and just threw them away on his own. He cried that night for about 1 hour, which was so heart wrenching, but that was it! I hope you guys have an easy transition as well! If you don't follow BigLittleFeelings I suggest checking them out too for tips/tricks.
    @jellie603 That's the sweetest! What a great habit to instill! I might just steal it for DS who is starting Pre-K in TWO WEEKS! 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? He's going to be three next week and I can't even believe it!

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm none to please with it. DS got sick over the weekend and promptly gave it to DH and I, right in the middle of FW. Therefore we didn't really get to DTD as much as we would like, so that's a huge bummer. We still managed O-2 before getting sick, but who knows if that was enough.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? DS had his preschool evaluation last week and it went really well! I had prepped him for it all week, but when we got there and he walked off down the hall without me, and without turning back, I ran to my car to sob. My little man is getting toooooo big! This week I should hear what they think he will need for services, and next week we have our first meeting. Then it's his birthday and then he's off to school! This is all happening so fast!

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)? We have a local farm that does pumpkin picking, a corn maze, jumpy things, tractor rides, etc and we got our tickets for this upcoming weekend! They have a sign that I try to get a picture of DS in front of each year, which is awesome to see how much he has grown. He really enjoyed it last year, so I am hopeful this year will be just as much fun. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @anniemarie887 Good luck with weaning off the paci! I was terrified to do it with DD, but it ended up not being too bad after the first night. Hope you experience the same!

@jellie603 Those affirmations (and your kiddo) are so sweet! What a great idea.

@tessiesmom26 Your local farm sounds awesome. Yay for all the big kid changes happening for your DS (but bittersweet, I know)!
  • @tessiesmom26 @abjm0325 40 min of sobbing last night, 4 min tonight! I’ll call that a win!!

also my condolences re the snot, DD def brought some home end of last week and it’s hitting me today. 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3yrs 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I think it has been OK. Waiting to see, been feeling some symptoms the past couple days, AF is due on Monday - but I am probably going to test tomorrow AM.

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave? Rave: It's Friday & I got a calzone for lunch!

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity to do with your kid(s)? Racking leaves and jumping in them! We are taking her to a pumpkin patch this weekend! So that will probably be my new favorite!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22