January 2022 Moms

Anterior Placenta

Does anyone else have an anterior placenta and felt their baby yet? I’m almost 24 weeks and still haven’t. Went to the dr today and she said everything was fine but just wondering when I should feel him. In the ultrasound he was moving all around. 

Thanks so much and hope everyone stays healthy and safe (:

Re: Anterior Placenta

• I have an anterior placenta as well. I felt the baby move the first time around 20 weeks, but had to be sitting perfectly still doing nothing else and still couldn't feel movement every day. I'm 26 weeks now and feel baby at least a couple times a day, but my DH still can't feel from the outside.
  • I have an anterior placenta too and didn't really feel anything until around 20/21 weeks. I'm 25w3d now and I feel her pretty consistently and my husband can feel her too sometimes. Your anterior placenta can move though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got an anterior placenta. Probably started to feel baby 4ish weeks ago. He moves a lot sometimes, and some are big kicks. I can feel him on the outside and see it as well. Before i felt distince kicks and movements, I could feel a change in pressure in my uterus that would last for 1s. 
    TMI, but sometimes it feels like he is kicking my butthole. So, watch out for that feeling. 

I had a patient recently who had an anterior placenta with her first pregnancy, and didn't feel anything at all. 
    It's possible your baby isnt much of a (big)mover. 
    Hopefully you start to feel baby soon!
  • I've got an anterior placenta. Probably started to feel baby 4ish weeks ago. He moves a lot sometimes, and some are big kicks. I can feel him on the outside and see it as well. Before i felt distince kicks and movements, I could feel a change in pressure in my uterus that would last for 1s. 
    TMI, but sometimes it feels like he is kicking my butthole. So, watch out for that feeling. 

I had a patient recently who had an anterior placenta with her first pregnancy, and didn't feel anything at all. 
    It's possible your baby isnt much of a (big)mover. 
    Hopefully you start to feel baby soon!
    YES OMG THIS! THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED I WAS LIKE WTF
  • LOL @ the butthole kicking. SO TRUE. 
  • I also have an anterior placenta, took longer to feel kicks but have felt them consistently since about 20 weeks. I feel her a lot now especially when I drink cold things or eat/drink sweet things. 
  • I have an anterior placenta and I thought I felt little flutter movements around week 18/19, and was certain it was baby by week 21. This is my 2nd child. 

I've consistently felt movement since about week 23 or 24. I'm now 27 weeks and have been able to record video of baby moving in the last week. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I’ve had an anterior placenta with both of my pregnancies. With my first, I don’t remember when I first felt movement, but it was pretty late, and to be honest, I never felt a ton of movement even at the end. It was very sporadic and never much more than flutters or some rolling. I pretty much had to rely on ultrasounds/baby monitoring at the end to ease my anxiety that baby was moving around a lot. On the plus side I never had the pain of being kicked in body parts, but it was definitely frustrating when I’d be reading about all the movement I should have felt, but didn’t. I hope you’re not getting too worried if your checks with the doctor are going well. I know for me, movement was not something I could count on. 

Supposedly I have one again, but I felt first flutters around 16 weeks, and I’m getting more consistent (although faint) movement now at 24 weeks. It was very strange when I first felt them I had the thought that this is my second pregnancy and I still don’t really know what baby movement feels like/can’t identify it. But everything with this pregnancy has happened sooner and stronger than last time.