Infertility

October 2021 TWW Train

edited October 2021 in Infertility
Hi Ladies! I just had my 4th IUI this past Saturday so I started a thread for the (dreaded) TWW this month. If anyone is willing to join, please do so we can support each other.

My IUI was Oct 2nd and my period is due Oct 17th.

Re: October 2021 TWW Train

• Good luck! This was my first IUI done on 10/1 and I take my blood test on 10/14 or 10/17 - I'm out of town when I'm supposed to take it on 10/15 so I'm hoping the 14th won't be too early 😖
  • Good luck!! I had my 2nd FET on October 1. I’m 4dpt5dt tomorrow and I’m analyzing every little twinge/cramp I feel. The wait is killing me😭
  • Loading the player...
  • kaymay0504 Good luck! I'm a POS addict honestly so I test wayyy too early. It doesn't help that I triggered with Ovidrel last Thursday so my HPT's are positive because of it. It should be out of my system by 9DPO as I tested it out last cycle.

best of luck!!!
  • krisssm Thank you! I overanalyze everything myself so I know the feeling. TWW is the WORST but I feel like forums like these help with the insanity :) Best of luck!!
  • @pdebss0 They definitely help! Especially since my last transfer failed, I start out super positive and I get more discouraged as the wait continues 🙄. I’m trying to stay away from POAS. I might cave on Thursday or Friday though 😬
  • krisssm I'm so sorry your transfer failed. I haven't tried IVF yet but I'm sure its more disheartening to hear that the process didn't go as planned more so than an IUI. Sending much baby dust your way!!! Keep us updated :) 
  • @pdebss0 Thank you! Please keep me updated as well! 
  • Hi ladies! I’d love to join you on the dreaded TWW train. I had my FET yesterday and beta next Thursday seems like a million years away. I agree, the overanalyzing of every little feeling can drive one crazy. Happy to have this forum to keep my sanity in check. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 welcome aboard :) Yes, the tww is a time where I think every little itty bitty tiny cramp actually means something, even though I'm only 4DPO so its impossible, lol. Keep us updated with what happens!
  • @pdebss0 thank you! if 4DPO is impossible, then i'm definitely on the crazy train then because i was asking myself if the cramping post transfer could mean it's actually working. i promised myself i wouldn't do this but clearly i failed lol. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Hi ladies. I’m 10dpo today, 12 days post trigger. The trigger was clearly in my system still at 8dpo (top pic). Stark white yesterday. Does anyone see a hint of a line on today’s test (bottom)? It showed up within 5 minutes. Not sure if it’s something or is this another case of line eyes? 
  • @aheadofthewind2020 i've tried to zoom in but unable to, but at certain angles of my phone i think i may be seeing something too. when is your beta? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• edited October 2021
    Beta is on the 16th so I still have a few days. Had the exact same vvfl line this morning... however- last night I had these intense dull throbbing uncomfortable aches to the right of my belly button. Lasted from about 5PM-midnight. My husband was ready to take me to the ER because we thought it was appendicitis but I ended up falling asleep. Woke up this morning and the pain is gone. I read about 300 posts on "where" implantation pain should be located and my aches were a bit higher in the abdomen than normal implantation pains... I'm seeing my PCP at noon today to see what that was. Ahh!!!!!!
  • @aheadofthewind2020 fingers crossed they really were implantation pains! My test is supposed to be Friday but I'm going out of town for the weekend and doing it tomorrow... I cracked this morning and took a POS and couldn't tell if there was something faint there or not. I think I might drive myself crazy today, ugh. I'm also wondering if tomorrow's beta is negative should I wait to redo it on Monday since I'm doing it a day early? Idk...don't mind me just talking myself in circles today 😩
  • edited October 2021
    @kaymay0504 My RE won't do betas earlier than 14 DPO so I'm stuck with the 16th date however, if I had the option to go early omg I definitely would. I'm part of the "super impatient, obsessive POSers" squad :P Good luck! Also, post your test, another pair of eyes can't hurt maybe we will see what you see. Let us know what tomorrow beta results are! 
  • @aheadofthewind2020 oh no! I hope the aches were truly implantation! FX for you. The 16th is right around the corner! 

@kaymay0504 I hope you get all the good news tomorrow! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 Thank you, I hope so too! I'm seeing my pcp in about an hour and a half so hopefully she can shed some light on these mysterious aches.
  • BFN with beta. I expected/anticipated some disappointed if this was the case but this is more emotion than I was expecting. 

With failed IUI, does anyone else yet again right after? Our insurance covers half but only 6 attempts per live birth and I don't know if I want to use all of those attempts now or spread them out...

Next time I do this though I'm definitely taking the day off. I work in healthcare and I'm finding it hard to care about patients problems this morning when all I want to do is curl up in a ball. 

Good luck to everyone else finding out this weekend! 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
  • @kaymay0504 I'm so sorry! Definitely take the time you need to process and get yourself ready for next cycle. Does your insurance cover 6 IUI attempts or does this include IVF as well? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 thanks, and it's 6 attempts for IUI, zero coverage for IVF and we're not ready to drop that kind of money just yet. It's so frustrating that it's so expensive. I think we're going to try to exhaust our IUI avenue first and see what happens there.
  • @kaymay0504 I think I would do the same. My IUI experience allowed me to do back to back cycles each month and my doctor allowed it. Wishing you the best outcome next cycle! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• i’m on iui #4, back to back.  each time it’s been different re: timing or follicle growth so they’ve adjusted meds as needed.  i have no insurance coverage though so no difference for us to spread out or do back to back.
  • edited October 2021
    Onto my next IUI.. CD12 today, had monitoring this morning 2 follicles on the right (15mm, 12mm) and one on the left (17mm) tech said depending on blood work results I will trigger either tonight or tomorrow. Lining is 8mm. IUI should be either Saturday or Sunday morning. Good luck to everyone!
  • edited October 2021
    @em_ryan I'm on a similar boat except that my insurance has zero fertility coverage (even though i pay an arm and a leg for insurance monthly) so everything is out of pocket. Comes out to $1,800/month for the procedure, monitoring and Clomid + Ovidrel. This is my 5th IUI, so half the cost of IVF at this point.... SMH.
  • After my last cycle I had some tears, some wine and time with some girlfriends and ready to get back on that fertility horse so to speak lol IUI #2 was done today. She had suggested to skip because she said I had four follicles that were VERY ready, but we wanted to chance it because who's to say that even one will get fertilized.

@aheadofthewind2020 good luck with your next cycle!!
  • @kaymay0504 thank you! I wish you luck as well! Did you trigger before your IUI?
  • @aheadofthewind2020 I triggered on Tuesday!
  • @kaymay0504 Oh so you're just 2 days before me :) Have you tested out your trigger before? I did twice and it was out of my system by 10DPO. 
  • kaymay0504kaymay0504 member
    edited November 2021
    @aheadofthewind2020 how do you do that? I've seen it referenced before but wasn't exactly sure how to do it 🤭
  • @kaymay0504 You just take an HPT test daily starting DPO 1 and once the line disappears you know its out of your system. Some women metabolize it quicker than others. 
  • Hi Ladies, 9dpo today, 11dp trigger. Is this the start of something? Pic taken within 7 minutes.
  • @aheadofthewind2020 maybe?! I had my beta this morning, BFN 😩 I think we'll try again in January. When is your beta? Good luck to you!
  • @kaymay0504 Beta was negative.. spoke with my RE, we're starting IVF in December. No point in doing more IUI's, something is clearly up and hopefully IVF will help us conceive.