June 2022 Moms

Check ins? Daily threads?

After looking at some of the other months, o was thinking we could do a check in thread. Would you want to do weekly or something daily. I spent some time in the TTGP group with this pregnancy and also with my last one and I enjoyed the daily check in threads. But is that too much? I know there are also daily themed threads meant to engage in conversation and get to know others. What are your opinions and what would you like out of this group? So it doesn’t become a series of random on-offs that don’t necessarily promote building community ties.  
  Anniversary

Re: Check ins? Daily threads?

• @hgsurvivor I think that’s a great idea. I am really looking forward to having people to talk to who are going through the same thing - especially since we have agreed to wait and not say anything to any friends or family until we see a heartbeat on an ultrasound. It’s going to be a long couple of weeks! I may not post daily but you gals are going to be my only source or baby talk other than my husband for quite a while so looking forward to building an online community with you!
  • I agree as well! We don’t live near family and most of the friends we had where we live have moved for work or family reasons. So it’s been a little isolating, especially with COVID. It would be great to build an online community!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. I like this idea. I don't know if we will have enough people to do a daily check in. I would love it if we do but i feel like it may be a smaller group than what i was in in 2018.

• I like that idea. I loved the group I was in with my son. Waaaaaay back in 2018 lol 
  • My last BMB did weekly, which I think worked great. Daily seems like a lot. People used the weekly thread to continue conversations all week until the next one was posted. Daily seems like it would be difficult to keep a conversation going if we are starting over every day?
    thoughts?
  • @ournextadventure we are a small group so far, but remember, we are just in the beginning of people finding out for the first part of the month. There’s a lot of time left for us to grow. We are just early ;)
  • @bender29 yeah i agree but I was more basing it off what I was seeing in other groups that I have been kinda of lurking in. They just don't seem quite as large as it was in 2018. But your point about the dailys getting difficult to keep up conversations is a good point. 
  • @ournextadventure got it! I haven’t really lurked. I like smaller! Easier to get to know everyone, so that works for me :)
  • @bender29 same here. I feel like it was easy to get lost with big groups. Do we want to copy one of the "read this first" post from another month to post here? 
  • It’s been awhile since I was in a BMB but do we still do the weekly threads with just the people who hit their weekly milestones on the same day (like all the people who turn 6 weeks on that Monday or similar?) It was nice getting to know a few more people more personally.