Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 9/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Thursday 9/30

• Month/Cycle: 11 AL

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -5, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Saturday?

R/R: taking DH to the airport this morning woo! I woke up early actually feeling refreshed. I guess yesterday was a good work day and I must have slept really well. Poor guy has to go golfing on Saturday while he's there and he's not a golfer 😆 he hates sports.

CS/Q: temps are nice and steady 👌
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yay for good sleep!!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 27/14

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: nope

R/R: It's my birthday!!! I treated myself to Starbucks this morning and I'm trying to just have a relaxing day since I just got off of three 12 hour shifts in a row. AF should be here tomorrow or Saturday and then we can start our FET cycle!!

CS/Q: nope

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking*

@shortstack930 Happy birthday!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• *lurking from WTO*

Happy birthday, @shortstack930
  • @inthewoods23 Sounds like you had a really good day yesterday! I hope that the rest of the week is as mellow.
    @shortstack930 Happy birthday!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/6

Timing: -3, -2, +1

Typical LP length: 10

Testing: Nope.

R/R: Ugh, management. My boss spends thirty minutes explaining why no one is getting a raise or promotion, then thirty seconds saying 'But I will fully support you if you want to try.' 😒 ::updates resume:: Great way to get us all motivated to start teaching this term. On the plus side, it stopped raining.

CS/Q: Chart is still looking fine.

• @shortstack930 happy birthday!! I also treated myself to starbucks this morn on my way home from the airport. Yum!

@Paturkey ugh that's lame! Was that also the case last year for you?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 glad your day is starting good. Do you have plans for your weekend while H is gone? Why does he have to golf if he hates it?

@shortstack930 happy birthday! Enjoy your Starbucks! 

@Paturkey it's the opposite at my work they tell us how much opportunity there is but then we hear of lay offs in other departments and they don't back fill when people leave. So maybe the opportunity is just picking up the work that other people used to do? Haha I am not buying it.

Month/Cycle: 11/12

CD/DPO: 22/11

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +2 

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: no plans to test

R/R: none today 

CS/Q: I didn't track very well this month. Had an IVF consult and decided to start that process. The information was overwhelming and I just kind of gave up on tracking but had a positive opk early on CD11 so I am trusting it was correct. This is our last natural cycle, I start BCP for supression when/if AF starts in the next few days as expected. 

• @inthewoods23 Well, we actually all got shifted to a new pay scale in the past year which gave everyone a modest raise... however, they compressed the pay scales so anyone with experience got lumped onto the bottom rung of the ladder and I'm now paid what a new hire would be paid but I have many years of experience. And we're told, effectively, "Yes, we know we've underpaid you all for years, but we've fixed it now and aren't you happy? No, we won't give you backpay or give you a proportional move up the new salary scale, I mean, we don't value you *that* much. Lol."

@walkawaynee Haha, yeah, I guess at least my people are being honest. Your situation definitely sounds like management-speak for "get ready to work a lot harder to cover for everyone we fired."
  • @walkawaynee no plans in particular. I have a few bucks left on a Fazoli's gift card from my brother that I'll use up to have dinner tonight. There's only 1 location in our area and it's like a half hour drive so it's never convenient and DH doesn't like that place so I only go when he's not home/available. Otherwise tomorrow I'm having dinner with my parents and maybe also Saturday. GL as you move forward with IVF! I hadn't joined TB until I got to the 1 year mark of TTC and in the very early months of getting the initial lab workup with an RE. It was very daunting but the IF thread was so helpful in getting my bearings!

@Paturkey oh no that sucks!!! I feel underpaid but that's mostly because I feel my corworker, who has been in the industry for as long as I've been alive, is slow AF with his work and my output and work ethic are 10x his. He's got Senior in his title while I don't but I'm somewhere in the middle of my pay scale for my title so I'm not close enough to be promoted to Senior :expressionless:

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shortstack930 Happy birthday!

@inthewoods23 is your husband on a work trip? I think I came to this board mid-story, so I've been trying to follow but I'm still not sure :D

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -5, -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Probably the 9th if AF hasn't arrived.

R/R: It's been a long work week, but my schedule recently changed where I work afternoons on Wednesdays and Thursdays now. Normally I'd prefer to get my work done in the mornings and have the afternoons at home, but it's actually been nice having slower mornings before work yesterday and today, so I think I may end up preferring this. Also today is my "Friday" so yay for the weekend. :smiley:

CS/Q: None

• PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited September 2021
    @inthewoods23 Thanks for the commiserations. It's so lame that you can be demonstrably better at your job than your coworker and still have a lower title than him. Urgh. Sounds like you've got a nice weekend planned anyway!

ETA: @annanbby Yay for the weekend!
  • @annanbby yes a work trip! lol I love the idea of slower mornings but I'm much less productive in the afternoons. Depends on the day though, sometimes I get a 2nd wind around 3 or 4pm.

@Paturkey yeah I mean I obviously have less experience in the industry only having about 9 years of a professional career. I did get a big merit increase this year so my boss definitely appreciates the work I do and acknowledges my contributions. I'm pretty sure my coworker got the typical 3% ha. I mostly hate my role because coworker and I answer the same pool of emails and phone calls. I can type faster he does and I'm more concise with my responses too. There have also been days where he doesn't respond to any emails until the afternoon and it's always just like wtf are you doing??? We do have individual stuff we do, but we can't always focus on our stuff depending on how loaded we are with these customer inquiries.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I love fazoli's breadsticks SO much but all the ones here have closed. The closest one is around 2 hours away I believe and in a town I never have a reason to go to/through. I lurked on some of the boards the last few month but once we decided to move forward with IVF I felt it was time to join in the convo.

@Paturkey I completely understand the pay scale issues. My company just announced an increase to starting salary which puts me and my 18 years with them only *slightly* above a brand new, entry position employee. It's frustrating. 

@annanbby yay for "friday" I have a half day tomorrow to spend with my mom for her birthday.
  • TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22