Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Fri-YAY! 9.24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Fri-YAY! 9.24

• Month/Cycle: 3/3AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: all the things.

R/R: TGIF!! I'm debating getting my nails done this weekend or going the money saving route and taking my gel polish off. Decisions, decisions… LOL. I'm ready for the weekend! 

CS/Q: pretty boring right now..

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 oooo tough call! I usually only get my nails done like twice a year and October is one of them (my birthday and I love Halloween). So I would say keep them and get a spooky design haha!

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, prenatals, sex

R/R: The leaves started turning like yesterday up here and I'm excited! I'm going to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread and chili this weekend because, 'tis the season!

CS/Q: Just got back from the OB - I'll post what little they did in the monthly CS/Q. Pretty much waiting for next cycle to test me and sending MH in for a SA.

• Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 I save a lot of money by just never getting my nails done lmao. Something like that is always for special occasions and that's it.

@jellie603 I craved soup a ton yesterday with it being the low 60s. Went out and got a roasted red pepper and lobster soup :yum:. I should run out for chicken soup supplies!

Month/Cycle: 11 AL

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: I love fall, but I hate how cold our house gets. It's that weird time of year where it's not warm enough for the AC, but it's also not cold enough to need the heat on. Normally our house sits in the mid 70s but it's currently 67 brr. I have fleece leggings and fingerless gloves on right now in addition to my hoodie. And apple cider of course! Doing a corn maze with my family this weekend. Should be fun

CS/Q: my opks are being weird this cycle, but no temp bump up yesterday so today must be O day

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • OMG! I've been so crazy! Happy Friday!!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: all the things!

R/R: Rave: It is freaking Friday Rant: We've been having crazy computer and phone issues at work which makes life real difficult!

CS/Q: I'm going to do another OPK here soon, had a temp spike this AM and EW CM all day! FF says predicated O is on 9/27

@tessiesmom26 - that is tough! a nice mani sounds really good to me!

@jellie603 - fall is the best of all!

@inthewoods23 - Oh I feel you there. Love keeping our windows open at night but then it's real cold when you get out of bed. And today it's going to be like 80 out! 

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Sorry about the post and ghost yesterday. Things got busy and I just didn’t have a moment to come back. 

@tessiesmom26 I always go the money saving route, so I say spoil yourself! It’s definitely sooo nice having someone else do your nails for you! Regardless though, I hope whatever you choose is relaxing for you!

@jellie603 I can’t wait to venture out this weekend to see if the leaves are changing! Pumpkin chocolate chip bread sounds amazing! Mh was asking me to make chili today but I decided on beef stew instead! Lol. 

@inthewoods23 totally feel the same about loving fall but not liking a chilly house! All of my windows were open last night because I didn’t realize it was supposed to get so cool yet and it was 55 outside when I woke up! Brrr! A corn maze sounds like so much fun! And yum to the apple cider! I’ve been spiking mine with toasted caramel booze this week 🤦🏼‍♀️

@ajsanders-2 ugh feel you on the phone and computer problems at work! Ever since our merger it’s just been a constant headache. But TGIF!! Hopefully you can relax a bit this weekend! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Opk & bbt

R/R: so today was still pretty annoying, with the same things I’ve been dealing with all week- and now a new issue thrown on top. Ugh. But, we had a great date night last night! I picked a place and when we got there it was super packed. So we just drove right past and ended up at a brewery downtown. Their menu left something to be desired and what we got was pretty salty, but their beer was spectacular!! I only really like sours and they had some good choices AND brought back my favorite sour ever from last summer!! So I’m super stoked and we got a 4 pack to go so now I can have some more tomorrow after work!! 😁😁 Sunday we’re going to a local festival (which is my FAVORITE one of the year) and to get our pumpkins after. It’s our yearly tradition! 

CS/Q: 

• @tessiesmom26 decisions stink. Any fun plans for the weekend?

@jellie603 the leaves are starting to turn a bit here too, I love it. Fall is my favorite season.

@inthewoods23 I probably shouldn't tell you what I set my winter thermostat at, you might freeze solid just reading it :joy: I love the freshness of keeping the windows open this time of year, but it's definitely contributing to my wild temp swings

@ajsanders-2 ugh, computer issues suck. I hope they are/were resolved quickly!

@paytonpedro sorry for the frustrating stuff, but the date sounds like it was awesome!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: getting real tired of the headaches I've had on and off all week. Thought the storms moving through last night would have helped but nope! But going apple picking tomorrow, so that'll be fun!

CS/Q: my poor chart

• @tessiesmom26 I almost never get my nails done because we technically can't have painted nails in the factory. Nonetheless I vote getting nails done.
    @jellie603 That pumpkin chocolate chip bread sounds awesome! 
    @inthewoods23 My house is basically the same. It is freezing (and by "freezing" I mean like 68*, which for me is practically arctic) but I don't want to turn the heat on yet since it's still pretty warm during the day.
    @ajsanders-2 I feel you on the computer issues. My classes are on Teams and it's randomly acting up on me tonight. 
    @paytonpedro Glad you had a fun date night! MH asked to do a date night this weekend. We are celebrating four years since a really turbulent period in our marriage, which seems odd but is a nice way to spin it positively as "Look how far we've come!" Festival and pumpkin picking sounds like a perfect weekend :)
    @fantasyflyte Apple picking is a great idea. I need to put that on my Fall to do list.

Month/Cycle: 5/5 

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm 

R/R: DH's work situation was supposed to be resolved today (undetermined if it would've been positive or negative) but it got pushed to next week. So now I get to hold this anxiety for like five more days  :|

CS/Q: nope

• @fantasyflyte I hope your headaches resolve themselves. Have you tried caffeine? I find that helps me sometimes. Yay for apple picking!! That’s one of my favorite parts of fall! Do you have anything planned for the apples once you get them home? Or just yummy snacks?

@pinkkillersheep I’m so sorry this stress is dragging on another week for you. But I do love that you celebrate a “look how far we’ve come” anniversary! I think that’s a great thing to acknowledge! 
  • @ajsanders-2 getting out of bed in a cold room is the worst 🥶

@paytonpedro we've definitely had those mornings of regretting having windows open overnight. Perfect for sleeping but not for waking up lol. Sounds like you had a great date night!

@fantasyflyte I don't have a lot of meat on me so I'm always cold 😆. I've always wanted to go apple picking but never have! I can't get DH to agree to go

@pinkkillersheep I also consider 68 to be freezing. That's the temp in the house right now. I was reading an article somewhere that said you shouldn't turn your heat on until the end of October. I'm not sure where it was from so for all I know it's some place further south of me where temps are still mild into October. We're having lows in the upper 40s right now. I'd say that's deserving of some heat!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @paytonpedro I have chronic migraine, so sometimes they just flare up, especially when I'm stressed (yay school!), the season changes, and/or weather systems move through. Usually they're not bad, but they were actually bad enough to take meds a couple times this week.

@paytonpedro @inthewoods23 we have a few local orchards, but one in particular that we usually go to. I enjoy it, and I've got a few pie crusts in the freezer for at least one pie this year, and will definitely be making apple crisp at the very least. We also enjoy doing "dessert nachos" where we slice apples, then melt peanut butter and chocolate chips and drizzle them over top.
  • @fantasyflyte Yum!!! What do you use for the “chips” for dessert nachos? I feel like I’ve seen this somewhere (probably on Pinterest) but I have never made them!
  • @paytonpedro the apple slices are the "chips", we spread them around the plate and drizzle melted chocolate and melted peanut butter over them.
  • @fantasyflyte oh Lord, I’m an idiot 🤣🤣. Thank you for clarifying!