Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 9/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/21

• Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: opks & bbt

R/R: Yesterday was a day and I glad it’s over. Monday and a full moon let it’s wrath out on my house. Oomph. But one positive is I have a ton of tomatoes from my gardens and I made fresh salsa with dinner that was quite scrumptious!

CS/Q: 

• @paytonpedro yummm to fresh salsa. DH and I have been making caprese with the tomatoes we keep getting. 

Month/Cycle: 27/2 AL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: one more day in the 70s and then fall weather is here!! I’m so ready for cool temps and changing leaves. Not a whole lot of excitement to share today. It’s one of my busy days at school with no real breaks so I’m buckling in for the crazy. 

CS/Q:  

• Loading the player...
  • Knocking out my post early today…
    @paytonpedro I’m so jealous of the fresh tomatoes. We’ve tried a few years to get a small garden going here but haven’t had any success. 
    @gingermama29 Good luck with the busy day! We have rain and overcast to get through early this week but should end the week with some nice fall weather :)

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R: Do y’all ever have days where everything is just a few degrees off? Like you’re losing your balance when you turn a corner, and run into door jams because you’re depth perception is a little off, and drop more things than usual? I’m having one of those days. Among other things, I dropped my phone this morning and it finally cracked the whole screen. I had put a screen protector on it before the music festival a couple weekends ago but because screen sizes are ****ing confusing I got the wrong size and it didn’t protect it. Sigh. Just one of those days.

CS/Q: Temp seems to have started coming down finally. I have my follow up with the obgyn today to talk about the US from last week so we’ll see how that goes.

• @paytonpedro I hope your day is better today!!

@gingermama29 even 70s is a welcome change! But I agree I’m ready for the cooler temps!

@pinkkillersheep I’m sorry about your phone! My case shattered and I haven’t replaced it yet so that’s a fear of mine right now! And yes I’ve definitely had those days where everything is a little off. I hope things turn around!

Month/Cycle: 34/37

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: The usual + Clomid IUI

R/R: Picked up my clomid this morning! This is really happening! AF is kicking my butt as usual, but hopefully after today it will be much better. We have a 3.5 hour meeting today that I’m doing remotely because it doesn’t totally apply to me and I already want to fall asleep. 

CS/Q:

• All of this potato/tomato talk is making me impatient for my garden next year! We bough tthis house last October so we decided that after the snow melted, we would just see what bloomed and sprouted and we would start our own stuff next year.

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, prenatals 

R/R: I totally forgot yesterday was a full moon. I was wondering why work was crazy and I was so pissed off all day 😂. It is beautiful weather up here though - low 70s and high 60s with a nice breeze and 100% sun!

CS/Q: I'm going to hop on over to the monthly CS/Q board as I prep for my first OB appointment on Friday!

• @paytonpedro ugh sorry you had a Monday, I hope the rest of the week is easier on you.

@gingermama29 YES on the fall stuff. I told my husband I want to dig out our fall/Halloween decorations in the next couple weeks. I love fall, it's my favorite season.

@pinkkillersheep uuugh I'm sorry about your phone. I hope the talk with the OB goes well!

@bows22 eoooo clomid! Fingers crossed it works for you!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: such busy, much wow. Really gearing up in the semester, plus interviewing today for an extra part time job at school for some needed monies. Also entering the busy season at my regular job, which is good because, again, monies. I wish money wasn't a thing. Having complicated feels recently about TTC while not doing great financially, because it feels dumb and selfish to TTC with money problems, but also we're both in our mid 30s and I don't want to wait to continue trying, especially given we know of at least one barrier with my husband's morphology. Blugh, feels.

Today should be a lucky day though, right? Since it's the 11th day of my 11th cycle/11th month? :joy:

CS/Q: this month's chart isn't starting out great lol, our bedroom isn't very climate controlled right now because we've had the windows open instead of the ac on.

• @paytonpedro Sorry you had tough day yesterday but yay for fresh salsa! Tomatoes struggle here but last night we made Garden Soup for dinner using beans, zucchini and a tomato from the garden so that was satisfying.

@gingermama29 Yes, I am so ready for fall! Bring on the sweatah weathah.

@pinkkillersheep I hope all goes well with the obgyn today and yes, I definitely have those off days, too.

@bows22 Fingers crossed for you on the clomid! And thanks for the support yesterday RE O date. I definitely just need to wait it out.

@jellie603 How exciting to see what was planted at your house. Did you get any nice surprises this spring/summer?

@fantasyflyte I hear you on the complicated TTC feels. I just tell myself that life is never 'perfect' and so there's no way to 'perfectly' time any life decisions. There's no rule that says you can only start TTC when you've got a ton of savings or the perfect job or have bought a house etc. You do you <3 Good luck on the interview!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, sex

R/R: I have spent five and a half hours on Teams Meetings today and I am officially shattered. On the plus side, it's a nice fall day outside so we're going to go for a walk down to the pub to recover from a very Monday-ish Tuesday :)

CS/Q: nope

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, Sex, PNV, charting

R/R: Rant: Is this week over yet? Everyone is in a mood and I am not here for it! lol. Dang you full moon, dang you! Rave: Started a new book "Life in a Jar. The Irena Sendler Project" heard about this on one of my podcasts MFM and had to pick it up from my local library. 

CS/Q: So yesterday and a couple times today noticed water CM, so I'm curious should I attempt an OPT tonight? Predicted dated on FF is on 9/27. Learning your cycle all over again is tricky, am I right?

@paytonpedro - Yesterday was rough! I hear you there! Hope today gets better for you!

@gingermama29 - I love fall! I would love to keep 70 degree weather all year long if you ask me! lol.

@pinkkillersheep - OMG YES! It is terrible!

@bows22 - fingers crossed for you!!

@jellie603 - Yesterday was terrible! Exciting for you appointment on Friday! 

@fantasyflyte - Ugh, yes money is so hard. Good luck on your interview!!

@Paturkey - That's a real long time to be on a teams meeting! I'd be asleep!

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Holy smokes there’s a lot of ladies here today!!

@gingermama29 we made caprese chicken the other day and it was so good. I also have basil coming out my ears 😅. Yay for our fall weather on the horizon! It was cooler today than I thought it would be and I’m totally ok with it!!

@pinkkillersheep ive never heard the expression “a few degrees off” and at first I was like uh temp? But I like it. Totally makes sense! Yes! I have had those days and after bumping/dropping/breaking the 4th or 5th thing I’m just like “you’ve got to be f-in kidding me already!” I’m sorry that’s how your day is going! I hope it improves for you and you have a better night!

@bows22 thank you! It has been better! The issues we had yesterday seem to have definitely improved today and it made for a much better day! I’m sorry af is kicking your butt but yay for picking up your clomid!!! That’s so exciting!! When do you start taking it?

@jellie603  sorry yesterday was a drag for you too, but it sounds like today has been better! Yay for that! 

@fantasyflyte I’m sorry you’re having all those feelings. I’ve had similar feelings in the past but for us, everything has found a way of working out every time I’ve had worries. Right now I’m feeling similarly but more about the fact that our house is tiny and full. But I just trust that everything will workout again. I hope you can find some peace soon. And I hope you get the second job you’re interviewing for! Best of luck!!

@Paturkey ohhh a walk down to the pub sounds like the perfect remedy to a crazy day! Fall weather on top of that, too!?! I love that you called your soup garden soup! In my family we call it swamp soup haha. Because literally everything goes in it. I thought harvest soup would be a good name for mine as well! My grandma calls it vegetable soup, but then adds meat so I think that changes the name??

@ajsanders-2 sorry your day has been rough, I hope it improves soon! As for your question, I would maybe start with 1-2 opks a day if you’re having ewcm already. The app is just guessing in the beginning until you start adding a few cycles to it. But also, for me ewcm doesn’t mean too much. I think I get it a lot more than other women though so idk if that’s irrelevant. I don’t log it or check it even anymore. 

• @fantasyflyte yay glad you got the job! I hope you are able to pick up some more hours. I’m sure if word gets out that you want them then at least people won’t feel bad about asking when they do need a sub?

@Paturkey I only had 3.5 hours of a Teams meeting and it ruined the rest of my day. It totally zapped any energy that AF didn’t already steal. I have zero meetings tomorrow, I hope you don’t have any either!

@ajsanders-2 do you have cheapie OPKs? If not, I’d get some so you can test all you want without peeing on $$ haha 

@paytonpedro I start it today! I asked in the IF thread and most people took it at night so that’s my plan too. 
  • @bows22 - oh yes I bought cheapies off Amazon in what seems like bulk! lol. Brought one to work today to test later this morning! Got a negative result last night, but could see a very, very faint line
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22