3rd Trimester

Oil of Oregano 3rd trimester

Has anyone tried Oil of oregano to induce labor? 
I’m at 38weeks and am still as tight as a clam shell. DH and I have tried EVERYTHING. This is my 4th pregnancy and none of my babies have stayed in this long. They where all girls. 4th baby is a boy. He’s already breaking records. 

I was reading about some tribes in Africa that use it to naturally induce labor but also read that it can cause a miscarriage at the beginning of pregnancy. 

Anyone try it? 

Re: Oil of Oregano 3rd trimester

• mrsnewsum said:
    Has anyone tried Oil of oregano to induce labor? 
    I’m at 38weeks and am still as tight as a clam shell. DH and I have tried EVERYTHING. This is my 4th pregnancy and none of my babies have stayed in this long. They where all girls. 4th baby is a boy. He’s already breaking records. 

I was reading about some tribes in Africa that use it to naturally induce labor but also read that it can cause a miscarriage at the beginning of pregnancy. 

Anyone try it? 
    Um, you have 2 weeks yet - this baby is not your other pregnancies.  Each pregnancy is different.....  Baby is not ready yet, neither is your body. 

A lot can happen in two weeks and I don't get why you and your husband are "trying EVERYTHING."  If there is concern your doctor will discuss it with you and will proceed from there.  

• You can literally go from “closed tight as a clam” to in active labor and delivering baby in an hour. I would sit tight and stop trying to induce yourself when a) your baby and body aren’t ready and b) you’re not even full term yet. Hang in there. I know how hard the end of pregnancy is but you’ll be holding that sweet boy before you know it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsnewsum I don’t really understand why you want a pre-term baby. It’s healthiest for baby to stay in until full term. Just because your others were born early doesn’t mean this one has to. I would not be taking anything unless I consulted with a doctor first. It probably would give you stomach upset and/or diarrhea anyway. Which sounds unpleasant. Just wait it out.