Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 9/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 9/17

• Options

Month/Cycle: 27/2 AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: I mentioned this in TWW a couple days ago so apologies of anyone is seeing it again. DH and I decided that we’re taking a break from fertility meds this cycle. My brother is getting married in Colorado in June so in the interest of being able to be there, we’re gonna just NTNP. I have my annual at the end of the month and am planning to talk to my OB about getting a referral to a RE. 

So happy it’s Friday!! We’re seeing my parents this weekend and all of my local siblings. I’m really looking forward to it!

CS/Q:  

• Options

@gingermama29 sounds like you have a nice weekend planned! I hope your day goes by quickly so you can get it started!

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Opk & bbt

R/R: af came at like 10:30 last night so I am counting today as day 1. I’m not totally upset because if I’d gotten KU, it would have happened on medication and against my doctors advice because of where O fell. But still have those bummer feelings. My mil is out of town and we have to take care of her dogs, so it kind of ruined our weekend plans. We still have to pick potatoes 😅🤦🏼‍♀️ So hopefully we can get that done (like done, done this time!!!) tomorrow!!! 

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@paytonpedro sorry about CD1 as it is always a bummer. But it seems like you have a little bit of relief due to the meds. Put those dogs to work as potato picking pooches 😂

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 2 @gingermama29 CD twins!

WAYDTGKU: temping, charting, OPKs, prenatals, 

R/R: I'm re-watching the entire Scream franchise, as I do every "pre-October" and it is my happy place haha. 

CS/Q: I will ask my doctor at my appointment in a couple of weeks but does anyone have an "older" husband/partner and was given advice/information on their fertility? My husband just turned 40 and I'm wondering what else he can do to help his mobility etc. 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: I'm starting to wonder if my back pain is happening because of my newish regular pillow. I'm going to have to try swapping it or turning it to the other side (it's a contour pillow) to see if it makes a difference. Otherwise I'm going to end up getting a body pillow because wedging a regular pillow under my back isn't working.

CS/Q: remembered to temp again today! But also it's warm and I'm stubborn and refuse to turn the AC back on.

• Options
    fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited September 2021
    @gingermama29 that makes sense. It's probably not bad for mental health to take a break, too.
    @paytonpedro sorry about CD1, but glad you're able to find a silver lining in it!
    @jellie603 my husband is 37, and we haven't seen the RE yet (appointment scheduled for when we hit a year in November), but we did get a semen analysis and his morphology is low, so while we're waiting for the RE appointment, my OB told him to start taking Vitamin E and Vitamin C. I feel like she might have mentioned Vitamin B as well, but he was already taking that so I don't remember for sure if that was a suggested one.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I don't blame you for waiting! I have a cousin who got engaged recently and I'm pretty sure they moved out to CO so depending on when they decide to get married I might have to seriously considering waiting.

@paytonpedro I absolutely hate when AF arrives late at night like that. Lame! GL getting all the potatoes picked!

@jellie603 to add/echo what @fantasyflyte said, the RI I just talked to recommended adding vitamin C and CoQ10. DH is also taking a multivitamin and I can confirm based on our sperm wash reports from my IUIs that his sperm was more robust after 3 months of the multivitamin alone - as in pre-wash numbers were about the same each time, but total motile count for the IUI was 5x more compared to the first IUI and the progression got better each time. So more sperm were surviving through the wash. Also diet and exercise helps too.

@fantasyflyte I never cared for contour pillows. I think the ones we have now are from Serta that you can mold and fluff pretty well. Plus it's nice and soft!

Month/Cycle: 51/11 AL

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: immune testing, bbt, opks, gf/df diet, lots of supplements

R/R: I'm surprised to say that this week went by pretty fast! DH wants me to start weeding areas outside for 5 minutes at a time. I plan on trying to do that every other hour as long as the weather is nice and not super hot. I'll be WFH all of October while our new office building is completing its reno so hopefully I can get lots and lots of weeding done before it gets too cold outside.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @jellie603 you know, that would be a solid plan. But I’ve never seen them dig anything but a blanket on the couch 🤣🤣
    fall/Halloween are my favorite and now I want to watch scary movies!! We did watch the Quiet Place 2, mostly because a lot of it was filmed in the area we are from and we wanted to landmark spot. It was interesting but I didn’t like how it ended. 

@fantasyflyte ugh we had to put the ax back on last night but I had my turn it off before we fell asleep because I refuse to sleep with it on again. But good job remembering to temp!! It drives me crazy when I forget. I’m telling you though, try wedging the pillow in the front by your belly. It sounds weird but it’s really been helping me. I have lower back pain.

@inthewoods23 haha thanks! Me too because I’m always confused as when to mark it. But I figured 22.5 hours in the day I didn’t have my period and that trumps the 1.5 hours I did. Like if I hadn’t gone to the bathroom that late, I wouldn’t have known until this morning anyways. 
    It must have been a pretty good week to have gone by quickly? I hope that’s the case for you anyways! I would totally help you weed! I don’t mind it at all. My back on the other hand has pretty much forbidden it lately. Are you excited to be WFH? 

• Options
    @paytonpedro I'm starting to suspect it might be my actual pillow because of the timing, but also I've been noticing the pain is higher up my back than my usual sciatica. It's a bigger pillow than my previous one, but it has a removable insert, so I'm going to try removing that tonight and seeing if it helps. I think my neck might be getting put at just enough of an angle to cause issues down my back.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro maybe it's just gone fast for me because my brain is occupied after my consult with the RI. I'm antsy to get the ball rolling on that! I'm definitely with you if majority of the day has gone by and I happen to catch AF before I go to bed I consider the next day CD1.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we haven't bit the bullet to watch Quiet Place 2 yet because I think we would have to pay $ to rent from a streaming service, and we'd need to re-watch the first one haha. I will save you 2 hours and say that the new one on HBO, Malignant, was THE WORST horror movie I've seen in probably a decade... it was rough. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro sorry for AF. Those feelings are completely valid. I hope you’re able to get to potato picking this week between taking  care of the dogs!

@jellie603 hi CD twin! Enjoy your Scream marathon! I’ve never seen any of those movies. 

@fantasyflyte I hope adjusting your pillow helps alleviate your back pain. 

@inthewoods23 oooh that’sa good idea for weeding. It gets so overwhelming to try and attack it all at once. FX you can get a lot done before the weather turns!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 That’s so nice you have local siblings! Love getting to spend time with family.
    @paytonpedro Sorry for CD1 even though I know you kind of saw it coming. Still a bummer. Right there with you.
    @jellie603 I love your pre-October ritual! I am not a fall/Halloween person myself but I can relate to the excitement of the season. I’m waiting on Christmas, which I used to have a hard time with but forced myself to enjoy again by watching an ungodly amount Hallmark Christmas movies lol.
    @fantasyflyte This is random but I keep meaning to tell you when I went to the obgyn the nurse asked how many tampons and pads I go through in a cycle and she was VERY confused when I tried to explain Thinx.
    @inthewoods23 Are you glad for the opportunity to WFH next month? I know some people love it. I’m not sure how much I’d like it, but a month seems like a good amount of time to try it out.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: debating

R/R: Feeling some confidence issues at work today. DH is calling it imposter syndrome. I’m not there yet, I’m still feeling like maybe I’m just really….average. Meh. Hopefully I get a win sometime soon and can feel good at what I do again.

CS/Q: Haven’t decided if I want to do all the things this cycle or just pay attention to CM. Something in my life has to give or I’m going to lose my mind and right now the daily pee sticks and temping might be it.

• Options
    @pinkkillersheep I’m sorry you’re feeling down today. I hope this weekend you can carve out some time to get some good self care in, even if it’s just sitting in silence for a few minutes, putting your feet up to watch a movie with a glass of wine, or an at home facial. I’m sure you’re an asset at your work and way more than average!

@jellie603 I don’t know if that one was even on my radar at this point but noted! Thanks! Fwiw, I never saw the first Quiet place. I think they summed it up? Maybe? So it still made sense to me. 

@inthewoods23 ahhh. Well either way, it’s good that your week went quickly! I hope you can enjoy your weekend!!