December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 8/22

How far along are you?: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your ideal morning routine?

Re: Weekly check-in 8/22

• Loading the player...
  • I did find the search feature soooo nevermind about the heartburn 🤣
  • @rpreston17 Ughh the heartburn. I think I might be having some SPD or SPD-like issues too. I have been trying to avoid triggers (carrying my daughter, I sit to put pants in, careful of how I walk up the stairs) and that seems to help some. My OB suggested a belly band, but I haven’t tried that yet.
  • @JamieH2000 no, I can't make them wait. Lol. My mom's birthday is the 1st so she will get it for her birthday. MIL will get he's around the same time even though her birthday isn't until Oct. No idea on wearable pumps.... would the billabong bellababy be 60 OOP or in addition to insurance coverage? If OOP, I would get the S1 from insurance and then buy the other one.
  • @rgn12 I totally get feeling nervous about the vaccine. I think I felt sick after getting it from my anxiety alone but the next day I was totally fine. My second dose was a piece of cake. I also still get RLP a lot and I'm 26 weeks. 

@mockingjay1 I am also having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy. I went out and was buying some clothes for baby girl today and there was some really cute 6-9 month and 12 month outfits and at first I wasn't going to get them because my anxiety was creeping in but then thought no I'm going to get them because I like them and she will wear them eventually. I find thinking that way helps a little.

How far along are you?: 26 weeks

Upcoming appointments: in 2 weeks for 28

How are you feeling?: Good but it's HOT here and I don't have air conditioning. It goes in next Monday but in the meantime I'm very uncomfortable and have been getting headaches from the humidity. 

Rants/Raves: I found a nice rocking chair off Marketplace that will go in the playroom and I can nurse baby girl in there while DS plays. 

Questions: I know Sinus headaches are common in the 2nd trimester. Anyone get them? I have been battling them for about 2 weeks but I really think it's the weather since it's hotter then Hades here. 

GTKY: What is your ideal morning routine? Waking up to a clean house after having a good nights sleep. Eating a yummy breakfast and sipping coffee while chatting with DS

• @kats0727 - I’ll be due for my booster in November. I’m all about getting it since I know so many vaxxed people who have gotten sick with Covid the past few weeks. 
  • @kats0727 due for the booster in Nov here too.  I think I'll get it as long as I'm not already in labor!  DD was 2.5 weeks early, so who knows!
  • How far along are you?: 25+1

Upcoming appointments: Is it sad u can't remember when my next appointment is?  I know I need to schedule my glucose test soon. 

How are you feeling?:  So friggin pregnant.  Also, emotionally I am unraveling again.  Hubby is leaving for 45 days for work (at the southern border) on Sunday and I am so not prepared to be 6 months pregnant and raising a toddler by myself for a month and a half.  He suggested we come with him, but the logistics of that, plus the risk of flying with covid ( while pregnant and with a 2.5 year old) just doesn't seem worth it.  Plus, DD is starting school Selt 8th, so she would miss so much.  Blah.

Rants/Raves:  We are on vacation with extended family and we are all sick thanks to my niece randomly coming down with a cold and double ear infection overnight.  I am so congested I can barely breathe, and none of us are sleeping.  Between waking up a million times to pee, a million times to blow my nose, and DD waking up crying because she isn't feeling well, I don't think I am sleeping more than 3 hours total per night.   Also, I have missed so much here I feel like it's impossible to keep up!  

Questions: Those of you with partners that travel for work/ military how do you deal with it? 

GTKY: What is your ideal morning routine?  Waking up slowly at my own pace, with no one crying or demanding things, drinking coffee and eating breakfast alone, then snuggles with DD on the couch while watching some TV.

• @scaredunprepared- so sorry you are all sick!! This summer cold going around is brutal!! Ans gosh, 45 days is so long. Do you have local family help? It sounds like you have done it before maybe?? You are one tough cookie 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @kats0727 I'll definitely get the booster if I can. I heard Dr. Fauci say this week it was 6-8 months from your first shot, so that would put me at the end of September if it's 6 months. 
  • @scaredunprepared hope you guys feel better soon! Having DH leave must be so hard. I'm sorry. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Okay, I think I have tagged everyone but if I forgot someone I am so sorry!! I should really respond as I read them…. 

@scaredunprepared yesss, feeling super pregnant get here too!

@kats0727 glad your LO got over their RSV quickly!

@bkjade I hear you on pushing things to open back up when covid is totally crazy. I’ve been hearing of so many breakthrough cases it makes me terrified even for when I get my second vaccine. 

@kaitcrystalline I hope my second one is easy too!! FX!

@mockingjay1 same about struggling this pregnancy and feeling worried/anxious. I had a loss before too, and do think that is contributing for me at least. It’s tough! 

@jamieh2000 I don’t have direct experience but my sister tried the Willow I think, or maybe the Elvie. One of those! She didn’t like it and said it made her feel like she had robot boobs or something like that 🙈🤣. But  I think she might’ve been trying to do a lot of things with them in and felt like it was super noticeable. I am curious about them though, having a toddler I just think it’s going to be so hard to pump with both of them and being tied to the pump. I do think that one of my mommy groups for DD they were saying if you have an oversupply at all that they aren’t good because they don’t hold that much, but I don’t know how true that is. 

@prpl11butterfly does the bump tape help with pubic bone pain too? 

@melbel0824 aww that’s stressful! Maybe they will change their mind soon. Delta changed mine real quick. I was always going to get it during pregnancy, but hoped to wait until third trimester. Delta scared me too much so I got my first at 24 weeks. I just hope I can make it to the second one without getting sick and that it’s not too late… it’s terrifying being pregnant during this crazy time. 

• @mockingjay1 I don't think the paranoia ever goes away after a loss. I hope that the follow up scan does help put some of your fears to rest though.

@kaitcrystalline heat and pregnancy are not a fun mix. I'm in MA and we have had some BRUTAL days (today in fact). I hope you get some relief from that and the headaches soon. I beleice Sudafed is pregnancy approved, maybe that with some Tylenol will help in the mean time.

@bkjade it's definitely harder to enjoy pregnancy with all if the craziness. DS starts school Monday and I am soooo releived that masks will be required. But I'm still worried about exposure too. Re:mat leave, I'll work until I'm in labor. And maybe a little while in labor (I did with my son because lmao).

@kats0727 glad your LO recovered quickly! RSV is scary. Re:booster If they allow it at 6m I will get it while still pregnant (since my 2nd dose was in May). If they make me wait until 8, it won't be until after baby. I'd prefer while pregnant because then I can pass along some more antibodies.

@scaredunprepared oh no! I'm sorry your H has to go away. That's such a long time but hopefully it will go by quickly with all the bustle of daily life. My H frequently goes away, usually 3 days to a week, for work things. I hate it. My parents and his mom are close by so they are always available to help me, I'm very grateful for that. Currently his company is being REALLY particular about travel and only going to *priority* shows. I think his next one (that I'm not joining on as a little kid free getaway 😉) is end of Sept..... to Orlando 😷😬. I'm crossing EVERYTHING it gets canceled. I think we got super lucky when we went to his last Orland event with him in July because things got bad there the week we had gotten home. I hope you guys all feel better soon, aweful way to spend vacation.

@rgn12 I think it would help you! It helps take some of the weight off your hips and public bones. Here's a great link for you!

• @JamieH2000 we have his mom pretty local 2 weeks of the month.  My family's 1.5 hours away which isn't too bad.  He's had to go away before but this is the first time since our daughter was born.  I am freaking out about him leaving for so many reasons :(

@prpl11butterfly sorry you have to deal with MIA partner part of the time, too.  It stinks, but I know we will get through it.  Better now than after baby comes, I guess. 
  • @scaredunprepared definitely! I beleive Sept is the end of MHs travel time for the year. 2022 travel would likely begin around Feb but I'm also probably going to delay that to March or April if at all possible. It's fun that he can tell his bosses no because I said and they listen lmao (I use to work for the same company so I know his bosses quite well).
  • @prpl11butterfly lol that's pretty funny, good for you!!!