EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What are your little quirks or unique habits?

Re: Weekly Check In 8/16

• Loading the player...
  • @jlbaker08 it’s from this site: https://8sheep.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmeiIBhA6EiwA-uaeFf85DH_fzxyVD9WFCtnvp-ZeNEJwGdZPWg00Vk5otdlrbSWQEB1gjxoCrwEQAvD_BwE and I don’t know if I can totally credit it with my better sleep last night but it smelled awesome. I got Charlie horses a lot in my last pregnancy so I thought this might help with those eventually, too. 
  • @night_nurse I’m sorry you’re feeling so awful, I hope that passes SOON. We’re going the mini crib route this time, I think. Baby will be with us in our room for the first 4-6 months (same thing we did with DS) and then the plan is for Baby and DS to share a room. We have a split level (2 bedrooms upstairs, 2 down) and DS is only 13 months now so I know I won’t feel comfy moving him or baby upstairs for awhile. Soooo, hoping room sharing isn’t the worst idea ever. Anyway, the mini crib is really for space saving purposes in the nursery. We do have a bassinet we could use in the early days too but it was a hand me down with my son and I don’t love it. 
  • @night_nurse We haven't even thought that far! I hear rave reviews of the SNOO, but it's so pricey!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3-16-22, 10 weeks tomorrow

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: A bonbon!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal labs 8/17, 12w scan/MFM/NIPT 9/1

How are you feeling?: Miserable. Thought I was feeling better late last week, and then the nausea/vomiting bus hit me this past weekend. Thinking about calling the Dr. to give me something to help!

Rants/Raves: DH has been extremely helpful with DS while I nap!

Questions: Anyone have any SNOO experience? Is it worth it? Buy or rent?

GTKY: What are your little quirks or unique habits? I'm superstitious, so I always enter a room with my right foot and pick up any pennies only if they are heads up. 
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited August 2021
    @night_nurse We got the halo swivel sleeper with DD2...mostly because with a RCS I did not want to be moving more than needed at night. I think I got it new for 99$ CAD. It doesn't have any fancy features but I loved having baby basically right at eye level so I could check on her by just opening my eyes or reaching over to touch her chest without even having to move. We didn't use it for very long though as the mattress isn't super comfortable, but it was definitely great for the first few weeks!
  • @jennifer_m21 No personal experience with the Snoo BUT I know a number of people from previous boards who rented and were very happy with it! 
  • @nightnurse @jennifer_m21 my bff rented a snoo for her first and loved it.
    DD is in a toddler bed and we have 2 bedrooms on the 2bd floor and 1 on the 3rd (finished attic) I have no clue who is going to go where. I don't trust DD on the stairs alone so maybe baby on the 3rd floor till they're mobile? No clue. 
  • @night_nurse sorry to hear you’re so sick. I’m hoping it passes quickly for you. 
    We bought a used halo for DS and plan to use it this time around. We moved him into his crib in his room around 4 months when I went back to work and will probably do the same again. Maybe a little longer. We’re now in a bigger house where the kiddos rooms are/will be on the second floor. But it’s super open and we can hear everything just as well as when we were all on one level so I’m not sure it’ll really make much of a difference. But we’ll see what my mama heart feels like when that time comes 😂 
    but in all honesty if we didn’t have the halo I’d use our PNP that has the newborn bassinet part we can attach too. 
  • @nightnurse a lot of my previous BMB used a pack n play, which seems like the most versatile option. If you have the space for it!
    We had a second hand rock and sounds something or other, bassinet. But it literally never actually got used, because..well.. DS literally never slept. I just was awake holding him all night every night 😅.

But we will try it again with this one.
    Though I like the idea of one I can reach into from lying in bed. But with a side missing, I'd be scared of them rolling out or something, so I wouldn't sleep.
    Pleeease let this baby be a sleeper!
  • @goldfishcraker Ooooh yes to the socks! Me too! And no matter how hot it is I NEED to be covered by some sort of blanket...I'm also thinking of this baby as a girl allllll the time so it will be a huge change if we find out it's a boy. I went 20 weeks convinced DD1 was a boy...so really my intuition is pretty crap overall.
  • @kgg2241 I was worried about the transition out of the snoo which is why I didn’t get it with DS, maybe I’ll have to think about it again now hearing that
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 18/ 9w6d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Prune (tomorrow)! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks for the NIPT and NT Ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Okay, tired, anxious about covid. Still averse to something sometimes, but I find myself really hungry in the morning so I think I'm doing an okay job of eating like...an extra big breakfast knowing that I will not be hungry for dinner. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing really ATM

Questions: None right now

GTKY: What are your little quirks or unique habits? I'm an inbox 0 person, which maybe isn't a quirk or unique, but I have to read/delete everything, and then move stuff into folders when it's no longer an issue or my work is done on it. 
  • @MusicalFamily I think my appointments are the same. Every 4 weeks until 30 something and then every 2. I'm not sure if they'll be more frequent this go round due to my age...but they weren't any different when I was 40.
  • @MusicalFamily the timeline my OB gave us was once a month until about 28 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 36 when they become weekly...  However, I think my timing is funny because I went for my ultrasound 2 weeks after my intake, then they scheduled my next appt for 3 weeks after that. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @realhousewife519 The NIPT is just a blood test so you just go to a lab and they take blood. Results usually take about 10 business days to get back:) The ultrasound is actually part of the first trimester screen, so with that you typically do the NT scan (they check nuchal fold etc) and then they give you the requisition for the blood work portion and you do that after the scan. You don't really need to do the scan if you're doing the NIPT (there is no scan attached to the NIPT testing) but my doctor sends me for the NT scan mostly as a reassurance ultrasound since the next one isn't until 20 weeks:) I didn't have a scan with my last pregnancy,  just the NIPT, but this time I'm getting both just because:)
  • @MusicalFamily my OB has me come in every 2 weeks right now.
    Last time it was 1-2 weeks, and then every week after 30

But I think I'm followed rather closely because of the meds I'm on
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Maybe 3/28? I had my first ultrasound this week and measured behind my EDD based on LMP. They will do another scan to confirm my EDD in two weeks. Hopefully I can stick around this March board! 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: not sure

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out via NIPT. 

Upcoming Appointments: U/s and first official appt on 8/30. 

How are you feeling?: Horrible 😣 Nausea and exhaustion are really tough right now, even through two prescriptions. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: my husband has been so amazing taking all of the household responsibilities while I am barely functioning. 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What are your little quirks or unique habits? I am very particular about how I load the dishwasher. And I hate sponges 😬
  • @Panaceia  @jennifer_m21  @Sarah0335 @nursejenn5  @rachelredhead sorry to hear you all also are feeling terrible! Solidarity! ❤️