November 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 8/8

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in 8/8

• I second the omeprazole.  I've had heartburn since day one and was generally doing well with Tums but got to the point a few weeks ago where I felt like I was really pushing the recommended dosage daily.  No problems since switching over.  You can get it over the counter but with my insurance I was able to get it super cheap (like 0.46 for 90 capsules) so it may be worth looking into as well.
  • I've not experienced heartburn in pregnancy (knock on wood) but my last BMB many people swore by drinking kefir. Said they got relief pretty quickly after drinking it. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and I did not get this information from a doctor, so definitely worth mentioning to your doctor first if you're curious/interested in trying it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kind of bouncing off what @mayoduck said but my midwife suggested just regular milk for me and it’s been my saviour. I know a lot of people don’t like drinking straight milk though so it’s definitely a personal preference 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Milk helps for sure. Did not try the other thing there. I get serious heartburn so milk definitely helps.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: not until the 30th, glucose test that day. They give me the drink to have at home before coming in.

How are you feeling?: exhausted, emotionally better (thanks meds) heartburn most days but the weirdest thing is this random allergic reaction where the back of my mouth/side of mouth and between ears gets super itchy and I have to take a benedryl. 

Rants/Raves: my husband took a different job :) he sold his soul to corporate and I have decided to go Per diem and work less since he can now carry insurance.  I am no longer stuck at my job and can explore other avenues if wanted. My rant is that my husband lied about bought a brand new truck (again), we are working through that. 

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Someone here watches Futurama, I'd want to know who got frozen with me. 

• stephk2120stephk2120 member
    edited August 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 weeks and I think it’s 5 days.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Melon

Upcoming appointments: Follow up with PCP on the 16th, and, retake glucose test.

How are you feeling?: Like a beach ball whose hips hurt like heck.

Rants/Raves: I failed the glucose test, which means today the 13th I have to retake it. That drink is way too sweet, and, I have to have the test done again blah…. Also, I miss pasta. I can’t stomach it anymore. However, Taco Bell does have the nacho fries again so having them with cheese drizzled over them is pure heaven.

Questions: I can’t think of any.

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Where’s my son and my husband? Then I’d be hungry and ask for food lol.

• @MaximumEffort he bought a new car without talking to you?! And you let him live?? You’re better than me.
  • @MaximumEffort He bought a brand new truck…AGAIN?! And lied about it?! What in the actual fuuuuck. 
  • @MaximumEffort ……excuse me? AGAIN? 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @MaximumEffort I am shocked. A new truck! That's not exactly a small purchase. And, to quote @jackie_dunny AGAIN? 
  • Yes. When we first got married he decided his Charger needed work and he needed a new vehicle so he came home with a blacked out Ram truck brand new, when I needed a new car I a used vehicle.  Then when we found out a baby was joining and my vehicle wouldn't do we went shopping and saw the difference between new and used was only a few thousand (2-3) so I got a new truck and he harped on how he wanted me to have something new.  Then he went looking for a new truck to be able to fit the family length wise and he said he was getting a used truck yadda yadda and he bought one within a few days. Told me it was this older version that had been sitting on the lot, found out its a 2021 after I was SO proud he had thought of his family first.  My midwife would also like to know how he's alive.  
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28d1w

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Had a growth scan today as well as meeting with the nutritionist because once again I have gestational diabetes. Baby is right on track growth wise, but my fasting blood sugars are just too high so I guess I'll be taking metformin.  

How are you feeling?: Bummed to have the GD again. Also my calf keeps cramping up out of no where in the middle of the night. It's awful!

Rants/Raves: We cancelled our planned vacation for next week because of the surge in Delta COVID cases and we just didn't feel good about taking our son on multiple airplanes. But now my husband and I are both kind of bummed and grouchy about working instead of taking a break. But with no paid maternity leave, it didn't make sense to take a week off to hang out at home. I just wanted out of Texas for a minute!

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? So... Did we figure out that whole global warming thing?